Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who (spoilers for any ep aired in the UK)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I heard that ABC was going to pick up Who here in the US. I only skimmed an article in passing, though, so I may have misunderstood.

Another great ep. This is just a nifty show. It has interesting concepts, but spins them in irreverent ways. Gotta love that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      I thought I heard that ABC was going to pick up Who here in the US. I only skimmed an article in passing, though, so I may have misunderstood.

Another great ep. This is just a nifty show. It has interesting concepts, but spins them in irreverent ways. Gotta love that.
      You probably read that ABC in Australia picked it up. Still no word on the States getting it officially, I'm afraid.

-IMF
      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
        Given that the Beeb commissioned the Eighth Doctor books, I'd imagine that they're going to continue on the same path that they've established. The specific novel I'm going to snap up is "The Ancestor Cell". I've read synopses up to that point.

Long story short, the Doctor goes psychologically all over the place in this series.
        Hmm so Ancestor cell should pretty much fill in all the 8th doctor gaps? I've not read any of the 8th doctor books as to be honest I've never gone a bundle on the 8th doctor after the horrors of the tv movie *shudder*.

Comment

Originally posted by BritAngie
          Hmm so Ancestor cell should pretty much fill in all the 8th doctor gaps? I've not read any of the 8th doctor books as to be honest I've never gone a bundle on the 8th doctor after the horrors of the tv movie *shudder*.
          They are not following the Ancestor Cell version of events. The 8DA books will wrap up their storylines in "The Gallifrey Chronicles" by Lance Parkin in June. He says it will not tie into the new series, but will essentially resolve all the dangling threads of the books.

In the series
          Spoiler:
          It's highly suggested that the Daleks destroyed Gallifrey.

-IMF
          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I'm surprised they're going down that road but reading the synopses of the 8D stuff has been fun so it wasn't a complete waste of time!
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I'm loving new Dr Who. Every damn bit of it

Pity Mr Eccleston won't be doing another series.
              Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                We're waiting for Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart to show up, over here in the clanger household.
                Well, judging from the trailers (or the behind the scenes programmes) it looks like UNIT will be in an ep. Unless they're just general army chaps.
                Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm sure on the doctor who fansite they've got the synopsis for the second half of next weeks two parter up somewhere... through the TV listings and it mentions UNIT...
                  Sure I read that...
                  Actually, the internet seems pretty dry in terms of DR. Who spoilers, not that I haven't been looking.

Comment

BBC Synopsis: Aliens of London

The Doctor takes Rose home. But when a spaceship crash-lands in the Thames, London is closed off, and the whole world goes on Red Alert. While the Doctor investigates the alien survivor, Rose discovers that her home is no longer a safe haven. Who are the Slitheen?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/episo...oflondon.shtml

On the above link you can view :

The trailer for Saturdays episode again
                    Photo Gallery
                    News 24 Report

Comment

The next Dr Who looks great and big ben gets smashed. That will be a classic scifi moment.
                      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                        The next Dr Who looks great and big ben gets smashed.
                        Well, that bell does like his lager.

-IMF
                        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I posted a smaller version of the first Volume of the DVD - but Amazon have a larger version, so here it is if anyone wants a look at it.

Comment

I, alas, have managed to miss the most recent episodes, and am now completely out of sync with what's going on.

However, Saturday's ep actually caused people to complain to the BBC that it was too scary!

See here for more: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...io/4443901.stm

Now, I was under the impression that Dr Who was supposed to be scary. But there you are...
                            sigpic

Comment

Loving the series so far. Play.com has a TARDIS shaped boxset of the new series listed so I'll definitely have to buy that when it's out.

Comment

There's a Spoiler-Free review of Episode 6 "Dalek" on SFX magazine's website. Not that I'm one normally given to laying credence to hype but this statement

“Dalek” is the best episode of Doctor Who ever.
                                has me quite excited.

-IMF
                                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X