Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who (spoilers for any ep aired in the UK)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incredible cinematic acomplishments, I had a lump in my throat at the end. The BBC have artistic geniuses working for them.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
      Incredible cinematic acomplishments, I had a lump in my throat at the end. The BBC have artistic geniuses working for them.
      Glad I'm not the only sad git who had a lump in their throat, I found it really sad.

Comment

This is by far the greatest Doctor Who ep probably for a long while. I felt a little sorry for the dalek and a tear almost came to my eye. It was great seing Osiris (can't remember actors name sorry) and It was also good to see a cybermen head. I wonder how our new 'companion' will fare .
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Lol, it really is amazing that anybody could make a lump of metal and organic waste come across as more human than some of the other characters. It begs the question, who was the real monster in the episode.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

It was an amazing episode. Loved the scene when the Doctor entered the room with the Dalek and said "I'm the Doctor" and then the Dalek said "Doctor!" "The Doctor" - that scene was very well written and directed.

Great to see Anna Louise Plowman in other show - and I can't wait for the Daleks to return.

Comment

I loved the way this episode exposed the darker side of The Doctor's personality. Especially liked the scene when the Dalek told The Doctor that he would make a good Dalek.

Comment

Woah...look out below...

1. "Stairs! Stairs! More stairs! Malfunction! Malfunction!" Scratch that...try hovering over tarmac, setting off some fire extinguishers and just when you're wondering what the heck the thing's gameplan is, an entire security force gets fried! Now I know why people used to hide behind the sofas when these things were around!

2. The Doctor's one-on-one with the Dalek was also bloody good, complete newbies could tell that he's gone more than a few rounds with these things and over the ages it's become very personal to him. The first time we've really seen this Doctor go darkside and Christopher Ecclestone brought his A game to the court for this.

3. This Adam guy appears to be a new companion but we certainly didn't get to know him THAT well before he entered the TARDIS, still he might have his uses.

Overall though...KABOOM! US TV suits, can you hear that KABOOM? I hope for the sake of US scifi fans that you can! If my best mate had seen it his response would have been two words 'Rule Britannia!' because this ep is definately up there with the classier stuff that's come from the US!
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Best episode so far!!!!!! I was actually welling up over that dalek and those things normally give me nightmares! Brilliant- absolutely brilliant!

Also that dalek game on the bbc website- I warn you it's addictive and fiendishly difficult at the later levels! I got to level nine about 4 rooms in and gave up after while! The neat thing is though you cvan go back to it later and retry from the leevl you left at! Well done bbc for such a great website game and um show!

Comment

Forgot to add the new dalek just looked great!! Only one thing though.. not sure about the new companion....he's a bit erm... hollyoaks or is that made of oak?!

Comment

"Dalek" was a fabulous episode all around. From the characterization of the Dalek (a Dalek with depth and dimension... who'a thunk it), to Christopher Eccleston's truly incredible acting in his scenes with the Dalek, to the inclusion of an "Invasion" Cyber-head, to a not-by name reference to Davros. Loved this ep. Though, many of the "American" accents did sound affected. Even our lovely Anna-Louise had a couple Peri-isms. She didn't pronounce "Goddard" or "Helipad" in ways that an American would.

-IMF
                      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BritAngie
                        Best episode so far!!!!!! I was actually welling up over that dalek and those things normally give me nightmares! Brilliant- absolutely brilliant!

Also that dalek game on the bbc website- I warn you it's addictive and fiendishly difficult at the later levels! I got to level nine about 4 rooms in and gave up after while! The neat thing is though you cvan go back to it later and retry from the leevl you left at! Well done bbc for such a great website game and um show!
                        I'm addicted to that Dalek game for all of yesterday while GW was suffering problems - I had my speakers turned on and upped the volume so everyone in my house could hear "Exterminate" "Exterminate" :-)

Comment

Originally posted by BritAngie

Also that dalek game on the bbc website- I warn you it's addictive...
                          That's called a late warning!
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Doctor Who website has been updated - where you can view the new trailer for the next Saturdays episode and on the downloads page they have added three Dalek sounds and you can guess what one of them is can't you

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/downloads.shtml

Comment

The audience for Daleks was 7.8million.

Celebrity Wrestling only got 3million

Comment

OK...does anyone know how to get through level 5 on the Beeb's Dalek game?
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X