No announcement yet.

Myka Bering/Joanne Kelly Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a couple weeks I'll be attending San Diego Comic Con. Warehouse 13 will be there as will Eddie, Allison, Saul & Joanne, as well as Jack Kenny.

If you want to send a short fan letter to Joanne, I'm putting a fan book together, DEADLINE IS SUNDAY, 17 JULY. Send letters with "Joanne fan book" in subject line to jkljc13"at"gmail"dot"com

This is open to any one who is a fan of Joanne Kelly. For more information please go here: JKLJC - Send Love to Joanne

So far I have 2 letters. Come on people, I know there are more than 3 people who love Joanne.
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

OMG her hair and the awsome interview was so awsome thanks sharing it, I love the Pic of her in way she is relaxed state And I knew shes def really Back I saw her in one of clips on tv abt wh13 shes was in it as she was rolling alongside pete and artie
      Hi guys,
      I'm deaf and petty much down to eath, fan of original Stargate and Stargate atlantis and Sanctury and I do really enjoy hanging out here, I love those show. Because I adores Amanda tapping and Torri Higginson because they both are my favorite people . Especially Amanda Tapping was My childhood favorite I grew up watching her on SG-1

Torri Higginson is the Lovely down to earth person

Comment

Is it just me or does it seem a bit odd to anyone else that the said Joanne Kelly interview should, a couple of days before the start of W13 Season 3, reveal what they've been keeping under wraps since last year i.e. the fate of two of the characters. It makes me think they've overegged the pudding and need to make things clear to those who are ignorant of the big clues raining like anvils from syfi over the last few months that all is well. So if anyone doesn't know the fate of or have we seen the last of ......read JK's article.
        Last edited by Magnecite; 10 July 2011, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Watching season 1 now. I must say I like her too

Comment

Great - speculation question...

Assuming Myka is returning full time (which is an assumption not a spoiler)...

How many episodes do you think it will take?

My guess is we see here on the 3rd and she's back on the 4th.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post

end of episode 1 with her in the field in episode 2.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

so she's the jonas now. i like
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                  so she's the jonas now. i like
                  HUH?

If you want to send Joanne a message, I'm putting together a fan book for her & will do my best to give it to her in less than a week and a half at San Diego Comic con. You have 5 days left. More info here: http://joannekelly.livejournal.com/63187.html
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post

I've never been more happy to be wrong
                    sigpic

Comment

If you want to send Joanne a message, I'm putting together a fan book for her & will do my best to give it to her this time next week at San Diego Comic con. More info here: http://joannekelly.livejournal.com/63187.html

Or you can send an email to: jkljc13"at"gmail"dot"com. Please put "Joanne Fan Book" in the subject line.

You have 2 days left to send your messages
                      sigpic

Comment

I rewatched the pilot recently and laughed a lot at Joanne Kelly's performance as uptight Myka and her line 'do you ever complete a full sentence ... or thought.' I also understand why they restrict her doing interviews after announcing her return before the premiere, she 'loose lipped,' again with regard to another cast member's involvement and probably turned up the heat in the 'shipper wars' which I'm led to believe exist re TV Guide interview. Personally I think like her on screen friend Murray, who appeared to have chemistry with nearly every male on Hustle, (she never got near a female on that one) Joane Kelly has subtext to some degree with every regular on the show ... it depends on which goggles you're wearing.
                        Last edited by Magnecite; 17 July 2011, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Joanne has actually done MORE one on one interviews now than for the other two seasons. I heard from a very reliable source (won't reveal who or how I got it, but it is reliable, to protect that person's privacy) that she didn't like doing interviews. There's a vid on YouTube of her doing an interview with ChuckTheMovieGuy (I think that's his name) from the 2009 San Diego Comic Con where she tells him that she's really shy. Hence her dislike of doing interviews, my guess.

I don't think she was "loose lipped" at all in any of the interviews. I'm pretty sure TPTB know what she's saying and are okay with it so long as she's not revealing any major plot points. I think it's great that she's loosening up in interviews now. She's a smart woman and I enjoy hearing her thoughts.

I also don't think she or Jaime are purposely "turning up the heat" on the shipper wars. That's all the fans...especially ones who refuse to see that others do not view the relationship on the show in the same way. Joanne has great chemistry with both Eddie & Jaime and it clearly shows. How one perceives that chemistry, is up to the individual. Which Joanne basically said herself. I think any other comments she made in regards to HG & Myka were merely her enjoying the attention their chemistry has caused. She & Jaime both think it's great and laugh about it according to Tweets from Jaime. But I don't think either of them would fuel any kind of fan in fighting on purpose. It is totally, fan fueled.

Ship who you like, respect other ships, and play nice.
                          sigpic

Comment

I won't repeat what JK said as it's available for anyone that wants to read but she did rather raise the profile of one ship over another intentionally or not. My own belief is that both will happily co-exist and that time will finish one and let the other potter along if that's any comfort. If anything in this statement is found contentious I apologise in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnecite View Post
                              I won't repeat what JK said as it's available for anyone that wants to read but she did rather raise the profile of one ship over another intentionally or not. My own belief is that both will happily co-exist and that time will finish one and let the other potter along if that's any comfort. If anything in this statement is found contentious I apologise in advance.
                              I know what she said and what people think she said. I have no malice towards you or anyone else who is respectful of other ships. Quite frankly, neither ship is canon yet. Neither may ever be canon. No ship is ever canon until the WRITERS and PRODUCERS make is so. Just because Joanne may or may not lean one way or the other, doesn't make either ship canon.

Most importantly (and wisely I might add) Joanne did basically say that it was up to the individual to see or not see what they want to see. What a lot of people fail to realize is that Joanne has stated that she considers Eddie one of her best friends and considering he's happily married, she's not really going to see any kind of romantic connection between Pete & Myka, but she doesn't say it's not there for others. It's just not there for HER. Big difference and people just aren't grasping that concept or the fact that she has no control over what will or won't be canon, if ever. Actors rarely do unless they're producers of the show and then a lot of times their "producerhood" is only a figure head type thing and they still have no control over what is canon and what is not.

I don't see things the same way you do, and you don't see things the way I do because we are not the same person. It's about respect for each other. Sadly some in the fandom (in any fandom honestly) don't know how to show any kind of respect for anyone, not even themselves since they're so busy trying to make everyone see things their way.

Ship who you like, respect other ships, and play nice. It's not that hard really.
                              sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=SunKrux;12777710]I know what she said and what people think she said. I have no malice towards you or anyone else who is respectful of other ships. Quite frankly, neither ship is canon yet. Neither may ever be canon. No ship is ever canon until the WRITERS and PRODUCERS make is so. Just because Joanne may or may not lean one way or the other, doesn't make either ship canon.

Most importantly (and wisely I might add) Joanne did basically say that it was up to the individual to see or not see what they want to see. What a lot of people fail to realize is that Joanne has stated that she considers Eddie one of her best friends and considering he's happily married, she's not really going to see any kind of romantic connection between Pete & Myka, but she doesn't say it's not there for others. It's just not there for HER. Big difference and people just aren't grasping that concept or the fact that she has no control over what will or won't be canon, if ever. Actors rarely do unless they're producers of the show and then a lot of times their "producerhood" is only a figure head type thing and they still have no control over what is canon and what is not.

I don't see things the same way you do, and you don't see things the way I do because we are not the same person. It's about respect for each other. Sadly some in the fandom (in any fandom honestly) don't know how to show any kind of respect for anyone, not even themselves since they're so busy trying to make everyone see things their way.

Ship who you like, respect other ships, and play nice. It's not that hard really.[/QUOTE]

If only everybody in fandom would listen to you. The world might be a better place.
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                                X