Warehouse 13 General Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warehouse 13 webisode: Of Monsters and Men, Part 1

....it's like watching a car commercial. O.o I hope the actual episodes aren't like that...
    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
      Warehouse 13 webisode: Of Monsters and Men, Part 1

....it's like watching a car commercial. O.o I hope the actual episodes aren't like that...
      I'm guessing the car has replaced the licorice....
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

The product placement for S3 will be the Toyota Prius. I'm cool with that since it means that Myka can't be pulling any "snack pack" Prius out of her pocket and saying "No thanks, I'm a Prius gal" when someone offers her PIE!

A couple years ago Bones did the "Prius product placement game" and it was fine. A couple times during a couple eps they mentioned stuff about the car as they were IN IT driving. Other than that, no real blatant product placement or zooming in on the Toyota symbol.

Also, if it weren't for the blatant product placement, all the cool "needle drop" music that was used in S2 wouldn't be on the S2 DVDs AND we might not have gotten them at all since I have at least two past shows that will never see the light of DVD day because of music rights. Music rights are usually only purchased (sometimes) for the original airing of a tv show and not for any other media or times it's aired. Meaning, they don't get the rights to use the music on DVDs.

So as much as I don't like the product placement, if it means we get the DVDs, I'll live through the product placement, no matter how blatant or much I don't like it. I'd rather have the shows I love on DVD than not. Your mileage may vary.
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
          The product placement for S3 will be the Toyota Prius. I'm cool with that since it means that Myka can't be pulling any "snack pack" Prius out of her pocket and saying "No thanks, I'm a Prius gal" when someone offers her PIE!

A couple years ago Bones did the "Prius product placement game" and it was fine. A couple times during a couple eps they mentioned stuff about the car as they were IN IT driving. Other than that, no real blatant product placement or zooming in on the Toyota symbol.

Also, if it weren't for the blatant product placement, all the cool "needle drop" music that was used in S2 wouldn't be on the S2 DVDs AND we might not have gotten them at all since I have at least two past shows that will never see the light of DVD day because of music rights. Music rights are usually only purchased (sometimes) for the original airing of a tv show and not for any other media or times it's aired. Meaning, they don't get the rights to use the music on DVDs.

So as much as I don't like the product placement, if it means we get the DVDs, I'll live through the product placement, no matter how blatant or much I don't like it. I'd rather have the shows I love on DVD than not. Your mileage may vary.
          I understand how a certain level of PP is necessary, and I'm mostly fine with it. Just so long as it doesn't affect the show so badly that what's on the DVD isn't worth having.

...I feel compelled to say that "Your mileage may vary....but with the eco-friendly Saturn Prius, it'll be all the better!"
          || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

I understand how a certain level of PP is necessary, and I'm mostly fine with it. Just so long as it doesn't affect the show so badly that what's on the DVD isn't worth having.

...I feel compelled to say that "Your mileage may vary....but with the eco-friendly Saturn Prius, it'll be all the better!"
            Oh shut up you! I knew you were Claudia...>.>

The sneak peak one did seem natural....the webasode was a little too blatant. Now if they have an episode where a Prius gets involved with an artifact....that would be a bit too far. But...interestingly enough I wouldn't put it past them to do it just to throw it at our faces. I don't trust these writers, they be a tricky bunch <.<
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Uh, it's a Toyota. ;-b

I think the way the webisode handled it was fine. I totally believe that Claudia would totally geek out over the Prius. It was natural and flowed well. Unlike Myka's "I'm more of a Twizzlers girl" whipping out of the snack pack of Twizzlers and then trying to awkwardly put it back into her pocket. Not to mention all the blatant zoom ins of the Twizzler logo or packaging. I highly doubt they'll zoom in on the Toyota symbol/logo like they did with Twizzlers since the Prius is a bit too large to fit into every scene.

I actually prefer car product placement more. They only have the "product placement" when they're in the car and generally it's worked in, in such a manner that it's not as offensive as zooming in on the freakin' logo like Twizzlers.
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler-phobes, beware.

http://screenrant.com/warehouse-13-a...3-yman-102297/

Well at least he's cute.
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                  Spoiler-phobes, beware.

http://screenrant.com/warehouse-13-a...3-yman-102297/

Well at least he's cute.
                  It'll be interesting to see how they play him and Claudia since they're the obvious "young duo"
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                    Oh shut up you! I knew you were Claudia...>.>

The sneak peak one did seem natural....the webasode was a little too blatant. Now if they have an episode where a Prius gets involved with an artifact....that would be a bit too far. But...interestingly enough I wouldn't put it past them to do it just to throw it at our faces. I don't trust these writers, they be a tricky bunch <.<
                    I beg your pardon! I like VWs.

HA! That would be a tad excessive.

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                    Uh, it's a Toyota. ;-b

I think the way the webisode handled it was fine. I totally believe that Claudia would totally geek out over the Prius. It was natural and flowed well. Unlike Myka's "I'm more of a Twizzlers girl" whipping out of the snack pack of Twizzlers and then trying to awkwardly put it back into her pocket. Not to mention all the blatant zoom ins of the Twizzler logo or packaging. I highly doubt they'll zoom in on the Toyota symbol/logo like they did with Twizzlers since the Prius is a bit too large to fit into every scene.

I actually prefer car product placement more. They only have the "product placement" when they're in the car and generally it's worked in, in such a manner that it's not as offensive as zooming in on the freakin' logo like Twizzlers.
                    See how badly it's working? At least I know my mental block against product placement is holding up well..

Well, I hope Claudia doesn't get a Prius. Otherwise it'll probably be everywhere. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't really geek out about a car like that--I'd be thinking about how much each "extra feature" tacked on to the price when it isn't necessarily that complicated an addition...

Yeah, the twizzlers were pretty bad. I was laughing most times they brought it up. =P

But you can't please everybody, I suppose. You don't like the twizzlers, I don't like the car, but we both realize it brings in money for the show...so there y'are, I guess. Lesser of two evils to have a show with product placement than no show at all.
                    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

4 days now!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gem of Tigress View Post
                        4 days now!!
                        Holy Toledo, is that all? ...dang, it's easy to lose track of time in summer. O.o
                        || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

See how badly it's working? At least I know my mental block against product placement is holding up well..

Well, I hope Claudia doesn't get a Prius. Otherwise it'll probably be everywhere. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't really geek out about a car like that--I'd be thinking about how much each "extra feature" tacked on to the price when it isn't necessarily that complicated an addition...

Yeah, the twizzlers were pretty bad. I was laughing most times they brought it up. =P

But you can't please everybody, I suppose. You don't like the twizzlers, I don't like the car, but we both realize it brings in money for the show...so there y'are, I guess. Lesser of two evils to have a show with product placement than no show at all.
                          And without the product placement, we wouldn't have all the cool "needle" drop music on the S2 dvds like we do. The only eps on the S1 dvds that has the cool "needle drop" music is Duped because they had no money to buy the music rights to the rest of the songs they used the rest of the season.

I think a lot of fans/viewers do not realize just how expensive just music rights alone cost production companies.
                          sigpic

Comment

I beg your pardon! I like VWs.

HA! That would be a tad excessive.
                            But it would be the product placement to end all product placements
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Not long to wait now before the season premiere. I am definitely excited.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

2 days roughly.

For those who like Joanne Kelly, I just posted a link to an interview with her over on the Joanne/Myka Appreciation thread

Click the link over there at your own risk, THAR BE SPOILERS!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X