The New World (401)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    I agree...if he can't heal then he wouldn't want to undo what was done because he'd die. Someone else said they thought that whatever caused this "miracle" was possibly a ploy to attack Jack's immortality that went wrong...which is why Jack isn't healing his wounds at superhuman speed.
    It's definitely connected to Jack in some way, not sure how yet mind but you could be right that it was a plan to kill him which would make sense with the hitman at the CIA archive also. I thought that Jack proposing cutting off his head was a rather nasty way of silencing him as he was attempting to point at Jack at the time.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
      It's definitely connected to Jack in some way, not sure how yet mind but you could be right that it was a plan to kill him which would make sense with the hitman at the CIA archive also. I thought that Jack proposing cutting off his head was a rather nasty way of silencing him as he was attempting to point at Jack at the time.
      I didn't see it that way, but you could have a point.

Everyone else is immortal and Jack is mortal?

One thing about Torchwood is its originality. I love that about this series.
      Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
        I didn't see it that way, but you could have a point.

Everyone else is immortal and Jack is mortal?

One thing about Torchwood is its originality. I love that about this series.
        The fact that Jack is now mortal and that the start of Miracle day coincided with the word Torchwood being sent to all the US agencies. Somehow I think it's connected and with Jack being possibly the only person on the planet who can die when usually he is the only person who cannot then it just seems too big of a coincidence.
        Last edited by IcarusAbides; 10 July 2011, 04:48 PM. Reason: spelling
        sigpic

Comment

The fact that Jack is now mortal and that the start of Miracle day coincided with the word Torchwood being sent to all the US agencies. Somehow I think it's connected and with Jack being possibly the only person on the planet who can die when usually he is the only person who cannot then it just seems too big of a coincidence.
          I agree with you. The logic behind it is sound. Now we'll have to see if the writers actually go that way or not.
          sigpic

Comment

It will be interesting to see if he heals or not, I'm not sure they will keep a character this injured for the run of the series but you never know. If however he can't heal then his motives could become very interesting as he surely won't want to undo whatever happened as it will most likely cost him his life.
            I thought in one of those hospital scenes they said they surgically fixed what was internally wrong with Rex. He's just bleeding all over the place since he shouldn't be running around with holes in his chest. Yuck.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
              I thought in one of those hospital scenes they said they surgically fixed what was internally wrong with Rex. He's just bleeding all over the place since he shouldn't be running around with holes in his chest. Yuck.
              Hmmm...I don't quite remember hearing that...but its highly possible that it was said.
              sigpic

Comment

I think the doctor said she had repaired the damage but it wasn't made clear as to whether his body was healing the wounds or not, I think your right about the bleeding being caused by the fact that he shouldn't be moving and certainly not travelling to Wales and then running around shooting at helicopters.

My guess is that he will start to get better soon mainly because I just don't see them having him walking round on crutches and bleeding for the rest of the series.

However there must be a degree of damage that you can suffer and not survive if the events of Miracle day are reversed, for instance the hitman would surely die instantly if miracle day was reversed and i'm sure the damage to Gwen's fathers heart is severe and he wouldn't survive long before suffering another heart attack.
                Last edited by IcarusAbides; 11 July 2011, 08:59 AM. Reason: grammar
                sigpic

Comment

If they could surgically fix the internal problem, why couldn't they close the wound? It's basically the same thing.
                  Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                    If they could surgically fix the internal problem, why couldn't they close the wound? It's basically the same thing.
                    Doesn't mean the flesh would heal and close the wound tho, if it's just stitched closed then any rigorous movement can pop the stitches and the wound would start to bleed again.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think the doctor said she had repaired the damage but it wasn't made clear as to whether his body was healing the wounds or not, I think your right about the bleeding being caused by the fact that he shouldn't be moving and certainly not travelling to Wales and then running around shooting at helicopters.
                      I'm just guessing and assuming that given time he would heal. This "miracle" gave them time to attempt to repair the damage where as otherwise he would have died immediately. Though he could still die in the end. I'm betting one of those new characters will probably die in the end.

My guess is that he will start to get better soon mainly because I just don't see them having him walking round on crutches and bleeding for the rest of the series.
                      Agreed. I don't really want to watch that and I doubt the actor wants to do that either.

However there must be a degree of damage that you can suffer and not survive if the events of Miracle day are reversed, for instance the hitman would surely die instantly if miracle day was reversed and i'm sure the damage to Gwen's fathers heart is severe and he wouldn't survive long before suffering another heart attack.
                      Yeah the hitman is a goner as soon as things turn back, but Gwen's father might be alright for a while. Though I'm going to guess that someone will tell her he won't be to get some character drama going and thus she'll know that putting things back will kill him. And if not her then I'm betting somebody among the main characters is going to be put in that position before this is over....whether it'll be them dying or someone they care about.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by pisces27 View Post
                        I didn't catch the babys name.
                        Anwen.

Easy to miss, they only said it once.
                        sigpic
                        http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                        http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Just a point... it was never confirmed that Jack is now any more mortal than the rest of the human population, only that his 'regenerative' capability, for want of a better word, is gone...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                            Just a point... it was never confirmed that Jack is now any more mortal than the rest of the human population, only that his 'regenerative' capability, for want of a better word, is gone...
                            Good point, not a theory I would be interested in testing if I was him mind.
                            sigpic

Comment

opening with an execution is pretty tacky I thought, its all a bit too american,

also theres a bit of moral dodginess about captain jack trying to get people dying again, its ok for him to be immortal but cant have others living for ever, the same with the doctors weird attitude to people trying to extend their lives

seems a weird concept really, the big disaster is people not dying, surely the answer would just be dont have kids

also why cant americans say or spell paedophile

Comment

Having just finished watching it, I find myself a bit underwhelmed. It had good bits, some great ideas (the insects, realising that overpopulation and lack of food are about to become imminent problems) but it just felt a bit...off.

I'll keep watching though (it does star Eve Myles, after all). Maybe it'll pick up with the second episode.
                                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Working...
                                X