The New World (401)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    owen's name is even funnier since, in the last season was it? that owen was dead but not dead, kinda zombiefied
    Not even, two seasons ago now! That story was in Season 2, he was fully killed in the finale, and then we got Children of Earth
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

well, he wasn't fully killed, technically.

I'll carry on watching because it's Torchwood, Gwen is still good looking, and it's sci-fi, but the episode didn't grab me like other shows have.

I hope they address the hit squad after Gwen & Jack pretty soon, because I'm pretty sure that at the end of CoE they bought their freedom by bribing the Prime Minister over the recordings of the meetings, unless of course the PM has gone back on his word.

Also felt a little cheesy them being chased along the beach with a helicopter after them, said helicopter equipped with a hitman able to fit a surface to air missle through a tiny window (and out the other side - had to LOL at that) without hitting any of the frame but then when he's chasing them down the beach every shot misses.....

But I am glad they've filled in a bit of story post CoE and not just jumped in with Torchwood USA up and running already.

I dunno, just doesn't feel like our Torchwood, then again the chip on my shoulder about the UK being the last place it's aired might be clouding my judgement

Last edited by Ian-S; 09 July 2011, 07:28 PM.

Comment

This was my first experience with this show. I was very pleasantly surprised with how good it was. I will definitely be giving this a chance.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I enjoyed the episode although after watching all the trailers there were really no surprises, sure we got some extra info but nothing major. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it but I think the future episodes will be better because I won't know what's coming.
          sigpic

Comment

Physically--was it just because I haven't seen them in a while, or was Eve Myles a bit chubby and John Barrowman looking awfully thin?
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Physically--was it just because I haven't seen them in a while, or was Eve Myles a bit chubby and John Barrowman looking awfully thin?
              Didn't really notice JB being thinner, but Eve was a bit curvier than before.

Absolutely loved when she put the earmuffs on the baby before firing back at the chopper! LOL! And loved Jack using Owen's name Like Mekhi Phifer a lot, and Bill Pullman was super creepy. Not feeling anything for the blonde chick yet.

It's a bit different to the Torchwood I remember, but I'm sure that'll just take some getting used to.
              sigpic

Comment

And Jack did a good job in teaching Gwen how to shoot!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                  And Jack did a good job in teaching Gwen how to shoot!
                  Gwen kicks arse!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                    Didn't really notice JB being thinner, but Eve was a bit curvier than before.

Absolutely loved when she put the earmuffs on the baby before firing back at the chopper! LOL! And loved Jack using Owen's name Like Mekhi Phifer a lot, and Bill Pullman was super creepy. Not feeling anything for the blonde chick yet.

It's a bit different to the Torchwood I remember, but I'm sure that'll just take some getting used to.
                    I loved it as well...and they were pink ear muffs too!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      Okay so....did anyone else notice that the baby was gleefully smiling during the rocket attack and while Gwen was shooting her pistol at the guy in the chopper?
                      Yes. That was one cute, well behaved, happy baby in that ep.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                        Yes. That was one cute, well behaved, happy baby in that ep.
                        Yuppers...I guess the baby likes things that go....

BOOM!
                        sigpic

Comment

The earmuffs were very cute and reminded me of a similar scene from Face/Off. As for the episode itself I felt it was pretty good and hasn't changed as much as I feared that it might but in future we need more Captain Jack, waiting twenty minutes for him to make his appearance annoyed me a tad.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
                            The earmuffs were very cute and reminded me of a similar scene from Face/Off. As for the episode itself I felt it was pretty good and hasn't changed as much as I feared that it might but in future we need more Captain Jack, waiting twenty minutes for him to make his appearance annoyed me a tad.
                            I'm sure we will have more of him in future episodes.

I wonder if Rex (I think that's his name) is going to keep on bleeding from the wounds he received in the beginning of the episode. Because when he was running around with Jack, I noticed his shirt was bloody.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              I'm sure we will have more of him in future episodes.

I wonder if Rex (I think that's his name) is going to keep on bleeding from the wounds he received in the beginning of the episode. Because when he was running around with Jack, I noticed his shirt was bloody.
                              It will be interesting to see if he heals or not, I'm not sure they will keep a character this injured for the run of the series but you never know. If however he can't heal then his motives could become very interesting as he surely won't want to undo whatever happened as it will most likely cost him his life.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
                                It will be interesting to see if he heals or not, I'm not sure they will keep a character this injured for the run of the series but you never know. If however he can't heal then his motives could become very interesting as he surely won't want to undo whatever happened as it will most likely cost him his life.
                                I agree...if he can't heal then he wouldn't want to undo what was done because he'd die. Someone else said they thought that whatever caused this "miracle" was possibly a ploy to attack Jack's immortality that went wrong...which is why Jack isn't healing his wounds at superhuman speed.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X