What do you want from Season 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
    Okay so Ianto died, which was sad, but Torchwood is an adult show, thats trying to be as realistic as it can while still keeping it sci-fi and in real life in extremely dangerous situations, people die.. its not nice but you have to deal with it, COE was an excellent addition to Torchwood. But this isn't a COE discussion.. ya Im hoping for that weevils thing
    I suppose it depends on why you watch shows. I tend to watch for main characters so if you kill them off then I quit watching. Owen I understood as it fit, but Ianto was my 2nd favorite - and it just seemed like a stupid plot device to have Jack grieve not a valid reason to kill him off. If they want to kill someone maybe it should have been Gwen = that would have been a suprise. Killing off characters does not necessarily make good tv, it too often is from lazy writing or wanting a quick ratings boost. Also opinions differ, but their were many other reasons why I hated COE and thought it was a terrible additional to Torchwood.

I wish there were somewhere without being spoiled in other ways, to have some one say - we are going to kill off most of the characters so then I wouldn't bother watching in the 1st place.

And actually this is sort of revelant as forgetting COE is something I'd like for the S4. But aside from that - Is the glove still around? I'd like to know more about the previous Torchwoods.
    Last edited by Thunderstorm; 09 June 2010, 05:16 PM.
    sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

TBH Jack and Gwen are the only characters I really care about, I liked the others as well but when it comes to killing them off. Take anyone but Gwen and Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
        TBH Jack and Gwen are the only characters I really care about, I liked the others as well but when it comes to killing them off. Take anyone but Gwen and Jack.
        True that *clicks fingers*

NOW!

BACK TO THE TOPIC OF THE FORUM!
        I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

How have we got this far without anyone mentioning Billis Manger? After the season one finale it was like he was being set up as Torchwood's Big Bad and then he never appears again! Ridiculous!

I'd like to see Owen again, even it was just to wrap up the King of the Weevil's story line. I remember speculating at the time that his mind could still be around even if his body was completely destroyed due to the rather unexplained nature of his resurrection.

In terms of new Teammates I'd love to see Captain John and PC Andy back. Midshipman Frame could be quite fun as well given how little his race understand of Earth culture as seen in VotD. I don't think that would be an international enough team though for the Americans...

Remember way back in the empty child and the doctor dances, jack said the time agency frakked him over and took like 2 years of his life which was erased from his memory.. Id like to see something about that....
          I'm sure I remember RTD stating that Moffat came up with that, not him, and so any resolution we'd get to that would be in a Moffat made thing instead of a RTD thing. It gives me hope that Jack might turn up alongside the 11th Doctor at some point.

Comment

Technology!

As Jack transported to his ship at the end of S3 I was thinking how much more effective the team would be if Jack at least allowed some use of alien and/or future technology. Jack is from 3000+ years in the future and wears that time bracelet, lets get some cool guns, armor and other types of technology!
            sigpic

Comment

Gwen being in charge of the new international Torchwood. Jack being push on to the side lines, he abandon earth after all an I want to see him punish.

I want it still to be a british base organisation, putting Britain first, even dealing with world events it still put the UK first.
              A new headquarters which rivals canary Wharf in scale. Always thought the Cardiff was too small.

I want some sort of secret to lay behind how Gwen an how she was able to re-establish torchwood.

I want them to have to compromise there morals to gain access to countries an locations.
              I want a American an other countries to have similar organisations to Torchwood, Torchwood just happens to be the best, an the most resource, after all it British.

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              and nothing bad happening to that baby
              Stop asking for miracles. Of cause something bad going to happen to the baby. No point in having a baby on a scifi show other wise. But I do not want to be the reason why Gwen reestablish torchwoord or why she running it, just as a one off plot.
              I want Gwen to have the power an the secrets an Jack to be the one who want to know them an to find them, place him on the outside a bit. Turn the tables around.

Aliens to be known about by the general populous.
              Last edited by knowles2; 19 June 2010, 05:15 AM.

Comment

I want nothing from another season. I won't be watching anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                  I want nothing from another season. I won't be watching anyway.
                  Why??

Comment

Why??
                    Because the show that I loved is gone. No other reason.

Comment

Because the show that I loved is gone. No other reason.
                      Why is it gone?? same writers and what not, the only thing thats different is cast changes and if your going to say that the character of Ianto was the sole reason that you watched Torchwood.. well that'd be a lie

Comment

Why is it gone?? same writers and what not, the only thing thats different is cast changes and if your going to say that the character of Ianto was the sole reason that you watched Torchwood.. well that'd be a lie
                        No. I watched for all the characters that were written well. Why should I watch for carbon copies from other movies and television shows.
                        I really didn't like the Supernatural aspects of s2.torture Jack was suppsosed to be a carbon copy of Dean with and in the aspects of torture. Sam was Grey in traits in going darkside. Gwen was s4 Ruby in all traits as getting on my nerves IMHO. Hell, even Owen's one episodes mirrored Something Wicked from Supernatural.
                        Tosh was written as the Enterprise officer Sato, forced to join or go to prison,

So, again I won't be watching S4 for the above reasons.

Comment

No. I watched for all the characters that were written well. Why should I watch for carbon copies from other movies and television shows.
                          I really didn't like the Supernatural aspects of s2.torture Jack was suppsosed to be a carbon copy of Dean with and in the aspects of torture. Sam was Grey in traits in going darkside. Gwen was s4 Ruby in all traits as getting on my nerves IMHO. Hell, even Owen's one episodes mirrored Something Wicked from Supernatural.
                          Tosh was written as the Enterprise officer Sato, forced to join or go to prison,

So, again I won't be watching S4 for the above reasons.
                          Okay keep supernatural spoilers to a minimum please! Im just on the second season of it at the moment, though Gwen can't be a character from season 4 of supernatural.. cos well Gwen was on the air like 2 years before s4 of supernatural?

Jack was in doctor who a few months before supernatural aired sooo thats out..., cheers for that massive spoiler on Sam btw

and Owens episode wasn't particularly like Something Wicked, and you only say that Tosh and Sato are the same prob cos you think they look exactly the same, and they do, but the characters aren't particularly alike... infact they're not really alike at all aside from the fact they have the same second name...

Comment

What I meant to say is that, RTD lost the ability to write any thing original. I'm tried of rip offs labeled as homages. Also if you look very carefully at air dates, you'll see that SW SPN came out nearly a year before Owen's episode.

Comment

What I meant to say is that, RTD lost the ability to write any thing original. I'm tried of rip offs labeled as homages. Also if you look very carefully at air dates, you'll see that SW SPN came out nearly a year before Owen's episode.
                              If you look really closely at music/television/film almost everything is a rip off in some form or another, though elaborate more on why you think of RTD? like one episode of SPN being similar to one episode of Torchwood is hardly enough to call one show a rip off of the other.

Comment

I want Ianto back. Is that so much to ask?! Probably, but I don't care. Also I'd like to see Matt Smith but I know that won't happen; it will be more like Torchwood jumping into Dr Who again.

Comment

Working...
                                X