Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    Not really. I doubt they'd allow America to stand in the way of THAT...

(though it depends what you mean by hotting up I suppose...)
    Flesh on flesh

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      Flesh on flesh
      I think John Barrowman already said there are some of these moments in series 3?
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
        I think John Barrowman already said there are some of these moments in series 3?
        Taste - fully

You know I have to go on about it, 'cause it wouldn't be me if I didn't but really the only one getting a lot of action in Torchwood was Gwen so it seems as long as it is het that's OK.

Or is nekkid men flesh just too hot for the US? Hang on how does Californication keep it's odd self on the air? I mean BBC, in the US, is cable right?

Torchwood was suppose to be "adult" but what they want to kiddie it up now? Like Who?

I find it all too confusing.

Also, if Torchwood in the US with the edits included is getting great ratings, why do they want to mess about with it? And, lets be honest, I think it won't be long until many US viewers are not going to be watching it direct on TV *if you know what I mean* so really, this seems odd and wrong to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
          ...this seems odd and wrong to me.
          Actually, Torchwood should be odd and wrong, but American conservatism looks to interfere with that premise.

I love the jagged edge between British/Australian views on sex and violence and the American view. I've been told it comes down to the US being much more religious than the UK and Australia, though recent reports suggest a drop in believers by about 6.5% per decade in the US. So maybe in another 20 years the USA might actually accept Torchwood for what it really is.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
            Actually, Torchwood should be odd and wrong.
            Well yeah, that is what makes it Torchwood! lol

Can't the US just keep editing it?

Comment

Oh Good

*Blows raspberry at prejudist*

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
              Actually, Torchwood should be odd and wrong, but American conservatism looks to interfere with that premise.

I love the jagged edge between British/Australian views on sex and violence and the American view. I've been told it comes down to the US being much more religious than the UK and Australia, though recent reports suggest a drop in believers by about 6.5% per decade in the US. So maybe in another 20 years the USA might actually accept Torchwood for what it really is.
              Maybe it won't be so bad now they have a new President, if they've accepted a black man as President then surely they can accept 2 men kissing on TV

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                Taste - fully

You know I have to go on about it, 'cause it wouldn't be me if I didn't but really the only one getting a lot of action in Torchwood was Gwen so it seems as long as it is het that's OK.

Or is nekkid men flesh just too hot for the US? Hang on how does Californication keep it's odd self on the air? I mean BBC, in the US, is cable right?

Torchwood was suppose to be "adult" but what they want to kiddie it up now? Like Who?

I find it all too confusing.

Also, if Torchwood in the US with the edits included is getting great ratings, why do they want to mess about with it? And, lets be honest, I think it won't be long until many US viewers are not going to be watching it direct on TV *if you know what I mean* so really, this seems odd and wrong to me.
                Oh come on. Gwen's 'action' has been part of an illicit affair that failed, and marriage. None of which was seen. But so far we've had Jack and Ianto disapear off with a stop watch. Muchos Jack/Ianto kissing. Jack asking Ianto on a date. Jack requesting Iantos 'local area knowledge'. Gwen walking in on half naked Jack and Ianto. Martha asking Ianto how Jack is - answer 'imaginitative'. I think there's been a fair bit of Jack/Ianto.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Oh come on. Gwen's 'action' has been part of an illicit affair that failed, and marriage. None of which was seen. But so far we've had Jack and Ianto disapear off with a stop watch. Muchos Jack/Ianto kissing. Jack asking Ianto on a date. Jack requesting Iantos 'local area knowledge'. Gwen walking in on half naked Jack and Ianto. Martha asking Ianto how Jack is - answer 'imaginitative'. I think there's been a fair bit of Jack/Ianto.
                  How much of that got through on US TV though?

What I mean is, if the only ones getting their relationship snipped by the censors is Jack/Ianto then I will be pissed off! If the banter and sexual remarks are removed I will be pissed off as that is Jack! Even in Who that is Jack (all be it tamer).

I do not want a "tamed" Capt Jack as that wouldn't be Torchwood, it would barely be a Doctor Who's version.

If you don't like Jack/Ianto and thier banter, don't watch, killing the show with censorship is just wrong.

I hope this change is something we don't notice so much but I fear it will be noticeable, I fear it will make Torchwood just another drama with nothing different about it. I fear Torchwood will turn into something as mainstream as Supernatural.

Comment

How much of that got through on US TV though?

What I mean is, if the only ones getting their relationship snipped by the censors is Jack/Ianto then I will be pissed off! If the banter and sexual remarks are removed I will be pissed off as that is Jack! Even in Who that is Jack (all be it tamer).

I do not want a "tamed" Capt Jack as that wouldn't be Torchwood, it would barely be a Doctor Who's version.

If you don't like Jack/Ianto and thier banter, don't watch, killing the show with censorship is just wrong.

I hope this change is something we don't notice so much but I fear it will be noticeable, I fear it will make Torchwood just another drama with nothing different about it. I fear Torchwood will turn into something as mainstream as Supernatural.
                    The US edits have actually been quite minor (except Adam for some reason). Mostly just a few seconds of "shoe leather" here and there. We got the full hot house scene when it aired and everything else, too. So, I'm not sure what they're going on about with taming it for the US audience, we don't seem to have any problems with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Switch42 View Post
                      The US edits have actually been quite minor (except Adam for some reason). Mostly just a few seconds of "shoe leather" here and there. We got the full hot house scene when it aired and everything else, too. So, I'm not sure what they're going on about with taming it for the US audience, we don't seem to have any problems with it.
                      Maybe they want to sell it to another network? Like SciFi?

Comment

Maybe they want to sell it to another network? Like SciFi?
                        I hope not. Between the ads and the massive cuts they'll make there be barely enough of an epsode left.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                          I hope not. Between the ads and the massive cuts they'll make there be barely enough of an epsode left.
                          If they sold it to SciFi though with these new changes there may not be any need for SciFi to 'cut' it down. Although I do hear they cut down Doctor Who... which is just wrong.

One thing that confuses me, if we are only getting 5 episodes and they are screening in one week... when on earth do we get a proper series of Torchwood again? Or don't we?

I don't know if I can stand this, less Doctor Who and less Torchwood all in the same year. I thought I could handle it but as there is really not much else out there I like to watch, well I have these huge big holes in my schedule now, what am I suppose to do?

Get a life or something? That's not gonna happen!

Comment

I thought the biggest amount of action actually goes to: Tosh and Owen.

Owen and Diane (Out of Time) is probably the heaviest sex scene we've seen, and in joint second place Tosh/Adam and Tosh/Tommy (Adam and To The Last Man). Jack/Ianto's hothouse hands down each other's trousers is probably only a poor third, however "innovative" and "avante guard".

As for Torchwood getting less than a full series - it does make sense. The same guy showruns DW and TW and SJA - the production crew are getting a light year as a lot of people have left and a lot of people are changing jobs (for example, Phil Collinson had gone before the end of series 4, and Torchwood has lost Chris Chibnall as a lead writer). They're in a handover year, and they're looking to make an impact with Torchwood on 1 and they chose this way to do it.
                            sigpic
                            Stuart: “You’ve done nothing, Vince. You go to work, you go for a drink. You sit at home and watch cheap science fiction. Small and tiny world. What is there…that’s so impressive about that? What is there to love?”
                            Vince: “Yeah.”
                            Stuart: “…It was good enough for me.”

Comment

I have to protest in the name of Torchwood. The DW franchise is the only one I know that has an opnly gay male action hero. It's the only television franchise I've ever seen in science fiction where homosexuality is given to us in m/m pairings or older ladies and is not just restricted to the two attractive females which are the heterosexual male fantasy. It's not jsut the only one where gay relatinoships are being really acknowledged - it's the only one where they're being acknowledged without the wink to the young male demographic, but are dealt with truly and honestly.

And I think it's a fundemantal thing for RTD and I don't see them removing that bit.

Maybe I'm an optimist, we'll find out, one day, when they air the bloody thing!
                              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                              Yes, I am!
                              sigpic
                              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I have to protest in the name of Torchwood. The DW franchise is the only one I know that has an opnly gay male action hero. It's the only television franchise I've ever seen in science fiction where homosexuality is given to us in m/m pairings or older ladies and is not just restricted to the two attractive females which are the heterosexual male fantasy. It's not jsut the only one where gay relatinoships are being really acknowledged - it's the only one where they're being acknowledged without the wink to the young male demographic, but are dealt with truly and honestly.

And I think it's a fundemantal thing for RTD and I don't see them removing that bit.

Maybe I'm an optimist, we'll find out, one day, when they air the bloody thing!
                                A green is winging it's way to you for that,

Comment

Working...
                                X