Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was posted on Torchwood Tv regarding guest information. There is a pic. and possible spoilers with this, just in case.

http://torchwoodtv.blogspot.com/

Comment

SEASON 3 info

Torchwood and Tardis Treasures blog has a few season 3 filming photos.

No real spoilers: just Eve Myles, Kai Owen and one of the guest stars
      Spoiler:
      Paul Copley
      (I loved him as Matthews in Hornblower series )

More s3 spoilers:
      Spoiler:
      "Filming of Torchwood's shortened season three started up, with actor Paul Copley (Coronation Street) joining the cast. So far, there are just a few photos of Eve Myles wearing her usual outfit. But fans report they've seen Noel Clark (Mickey) on set with John Barrowman. There's also a scene where Rhys steals this guy's laptop, while Gwen keeps him distracted. There was a lot of filming at the Coal Exchange, a gorgeous old abandoned building."

source: io9

WalesOnLine has a First Day of Filming Report: Wet welcome for Torchwood in the Bay
      Last edited by zuz; 25 August 2008, 08:24 PM.
      "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
      Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

SyFy Genre Awards:

James Marsters took Best Guest Star/Television for his role in the "Torchwood" episode "Exit Wounds."

source: SyFy Portal
        Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

BBC have just posted this http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7582511.stm not a lot that we don't know already

Comment

TORCHWOOD- CHICAGO TRIBUNE

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....ew-season.html

Originally posted: August 26, 2008

The new season of 'Torchwood' approaches, plus 'Mad Men' makes a mistake

I thought I'd take a break from this week's "All 'American Idol,' all the time" posts to return to your regularly scheduled geek update.
            BBC America sent out a press release announcing that the third season of "Torchwood" has begun filming (the full release is at the end of this item). Nothing that spectacular about that -- though I do very much want "Torchwood" to return, and "Doctor Who" as well. But one fun fact about the press release caught my eye.

Peter Capaldi has a role in the new season of "Torchwood," which will consist of five highly serialized outings. Capaldi plays Mr. Frobisher, "a civil servant who is hiding a terrible secret."

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              Peter Capaldi has a role in the new season of "Torchwood," which will consist of five highly serialized outings. Capaldi plays Mr. Frobisher, "a civil servant who is hiding a terrible secret."
              Caecilius?

Comment

I thought I'd take a break from this week's "All 'American Idol,' all the time" posts to return to your regularly scheduled geek update.
                BBC America sent out a press release announcing that the third season of "Torchwood" has begun filming (the full release is at the end of this item). Nothing that spectacular about that -- though I do very much want "Torchwood" to return, and "Doctor Who" as well. But one fun fact about the press release caught my eye.

REST AT LINK ABOVE
                Peter Capaldi was good in The Fires of Pompeii

Comment

Does anyone else hope Rhys gets the flick this season? I'm hoping like crazy. And Mickey? Gar! I'm getting less interested by the day.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                    Peter Capaldi was good in The Fires of Pompeii
                    He was wonderful!
                    "Modern art!"

Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

REST AT LINK ABOVE
                      I said something similar last time but: Peter Capaldi. Brilliant.

Hopefully he gets a better role than whats-his-name (Caecillius. Thanks Naonak!) in Pompeii though. It was alright but ... A fairly non-impressive character IMO.
                      Last edited by Anubis69; 29 August 2008, 06:05 AM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

*Pops head in*

Remember what I said about them filming in Warrington??? And how we all laughed about it???

According to my source...

They're filming a fight scene there...something about the location being important.

Anywho, rumour, speculation...glaucoma or cataracts...

We shall find out the truth in time.

Comment

You can't wait for season 3? Looking for spoilers? Check out Life, Doctor Who & Combom blog for daily location reports and photos.

Some really good photos of Gwen, Ianto and Rhys here and here.
                          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Just thought you all may like to know this

On Wednesday the BBC are having a special report about the Cern particle accelerator being turned on. There is special Torchwood play on radio 4. at 14.30. There is a listen again facility on the website for anyone who misses it. Info here with a trailer. I think the BBC website is set up to work worldwide. Enjoy
                            sigpic

Comment

Media Scribbler and Daily Dragon Online have interviews with Gareth David-Lloyd.

excerpt [spoilers for Exit Wounds]:
                              Spoiler:

"Daily Dragon: What was it like playing Ianto on Doctor Who as opposed to Torchwood?

GDL: It’s a slightly different show because [Doctor Who] is more family orientated, so I suppose the performances were heightened and more youngster friendly. But we were still in the Torchwood hub, and it was still John, and it was still Eve. We’re so used to the crew, but I don’t think we’ll ever get used to losing Tosh and Owen. But it did feel like Torchwood, and it felt like a mini-episode.

DD: Speaking of the change in the team dynamic, what do you think about that?

GDL: It’s hard. I mean, I’m confident in John Barrowman’s skills to welcome everybody with open arms and to, well, to scare them a bit. But I’m sure it’ll be cast wisely, and it’ll be a new family like we were."

Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                                Just thought you all may like to know this

On Wednesday the BBC are having a special report about the Cern particle accelerator being turned on. There is special Torchwood play on radio 4. at 14.30. There is a listen again facility on the website for anyone who misses it. Info here with a trailer. I think the BBC website is set up to work worldwide. Enjoy
                                Lost souls available for internatinoal download here (which is aparently the same link given by LizzieAnne, lol)

Wheee.
                                I love the BBC. Whatever they can unrestrict, they do offer to the entire universe.
                                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X