Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
    I read the same thing from my groups over at Yahoo.

What really bothered me is
    Spoiler:
    it's being shown on BBC 1, which may mean anything non-PG could be edited out if this is true.
    Spoiler:
    Depends if it's after the watershed, any channel has to show adult material after 9pm, be it BBC1 or the Playboy Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian View Post
      *Reads, sits down on the floor, throws a massive tantrum*

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!

My sentiment exactly. They're on a roll in the writing department- don't cut them short now!

Comment

Well as I said earlier John Barrowman is a busy at the moment so maybe he's done a deal like David Tennant did, a few special so he can carry on being a judge in 'Talent' shows ( I guess more people watch those god awful shows so more people will see him than if he made a complete series of Torchwood)

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
          Well as I said earlier John Barrowman is a busy at the moment so maybe he's done a deal like David Tennant did, a few special so he can carry on being a judge in 'Talent' shows ( I guess more people watch those god awful shows so more people will see him than if he made a complete series of Torchwood)

I stopped watching American Idol after 2 seasons here in the States. Maybe
          it's me, but I just don't understand the appeal. But, since I'm not in the UK, maybe some just like watching them and JB.

ETA: YMMV.

Comment

this is just my opinion but John Barrowman is really speading himself all over TV at the moment, judging 'talent' shows, game show host, standing in for Phillip Schofield, guesting on panal game shows taking a guest spot on any show that will have him, I saw him in an advert for a show for an obscure Food channel show talking about his favourite meal, all that takes time and shooting a full series of TW takes 6-9 months, he's got to remember who gave him the break in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
              Not sure if we know this yet but sounds like TW will be a five-part miniseries airing over the course of one week next year and that additional episodes may be ordered.
              If the commission another mini series I think it could work well as a new format. Seems to me Torchwood is very hit/miss with its stand alone episodes but does very well with arc based stories so they should play to their strengths.

Plus a 5 episode story arc would be epic
              A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Yes, the 5-Episode Arc... I can see it now... "Return to Innocence", "New Order" or maybe "Good Behaviour Strikes Back"

I will wait til I hear all the details, but don't be surprised if I say I told you so.
                sigpic

Comment

Well I think blaming John for what seems like a BBC/EP decision is well... yeah. Nothing I have read from John says he wouldn't do Torchwood for as many eps or years as they want him too. *shrugs* Anyway if it is good enough for Tennant to go off why not for Barrowman?

Hmm, so I have to wait for 2009? I am less concerned about this news then I thought I would be; I am also more concerned about the other rumours around characters joining the show then the length of the series. The BBC after all does some of it's best work in the mini-series format.

When do you think the BBC will confirm this stuff? Have they?

Comment

Outpost Gallifrey's new's page has just confirmed the five-episode arc season and JB in Season 3.

I'm thrilled either, but I wonder if the short season has to due with the RTD/Moffat handoff. RTD oversees all three Who related shows doesn't he? If so, the gap can easily be explained by the switch.

While I'm not thrilled at the news, I can see Torchwood working better in smaller forms as well. Moffat's Jekyll was a great 6 episode self-contained arc. 13 episodes would have killed it.
                    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I think I'll wait for conformation from the BBC before I let off any poppers or weep and wail, think of it this way, with only 5 episodes there is going to be less room for turkey's like Meat

Comment

I think this migth have somethign to do with the BBC budget-cut thingie?
                        Anyway, 5 Torchwood episodes are better than nothing... *sigh* and heym, hopefully it means no From Out of the Rain next year!
                        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                          I think this migth have somethign to do with the BBC budget-cut thingie?
                          Anyway, 5 Torchwood episodes are better than nothing... *sigh* and heym, hopefully it means no From Out of the Rain next year!
                          I second that
                          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Seriuosly, what a pointless episode in the middle of a run of loads of great ones!
                            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                              Not sure if we know this yet but sounds like TW will be a five-part miniseries airing over the course of one week next year and that additional episodes may be ordered.
                              Thanks for the info, TrekGirl.

I hope that the five () episode story-arc is going to be awesome. It better be!
                              "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
                              Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Two new Torchwood Audio Books available for pre-order on amazon.com

1. Torchwood "Radio 4" Drama by Joseph Lidster

Synopsis:
                                "This work features a brand new, made-for-radio "Torchwood" episode, as heard on Radio 4 and starring John Barrowman and other members of the TV cast. Captain Jack and the team are involved in a dangerous adventure at the real-life CERN particle accelerator project near Geneva."

Release Date: 11 Sep 2008

More info from DW magazine:

"BBC Radio 4 is set to broadcast a new 45 minute episode of Torchwood this summer in the Afternoon Play slot. Written by Joseph Lidster and produced by BBC Wales' Kate McAll alongside the regular TV production team. The Drama stars John Barrowman as Captain Jack, Gareth David-Lloyd as Ianto Jones, Eve Myles as Gwen Cooper and Freema Agyeman as Martha Jones.

Spoiler:
                                The story starts with Martha working at the CERN facility in Geneva, as part of a UNIT team. When it appears that people are going missing, and there seems to be a cover-up taking place, Martha calls in Jack to ask for his help. Jack, Gwen and Ianto join her at CERN and discover something that could threaten every living person on the planet.

Joseph Lidster tells DWM; "It was a real honour to be asked to write this. Torchwood works so well on the radio because you've got such a great cast playing such brilliant charactera. Hopefully, I've written something that will appeal to the Torchwood fans and to the General Radio 4 audience.""

2. In the Shadows: Audio Exclusive by Joseph Lidster

Synopsis:
                                Spoiler:
                                "This is an exciting original short story written exclusively for audio, featuring the Torchwood characters and read by a member of the TV series cast. Torchwood receive reports of a strange death: a man in his 30s who died of old age. A series of other strange event leads Torchwood to conclude that someone is sending victims to a dark dimension, to be punished by the thing they fear most. Who is the mysterious taxi driver preying on his passengers? What significance do boxes of matches play in this mystery? And can Jack ever escape from his own personal Hell...?"

Release Date: 11 Sep 2008
                                "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
                                Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Working...
                                X