The Jack/Ianto Discussion and Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kady View Post
    I can't help thinking that RTD should've listened to us about what happened in COE and implemented it into Dr. Who if needs be. He certainly didn't do himself any favours doing what he did in DW!! I remember saying out loud over and over again when i saw jack, "Don't get all flirty! Don't get all flirty!" *sighs* RTD never learns does he?
    Thats exactly what I thought too! So annoying...
    sigpic

Comment

Just thought the you guys would like to see this. l
      \/
      http://www.johnbarrowman.com/fanzone...orchwood.shtml

Series 4 of Torchwood has been confirmed. Something tells me that Torchwood will not do as good without Ianto.
      sigpic

Comment

hello... i'm new here, but i just read through most of this post... first of all... GREAT shots of these two... second of all... oh.my.god. season four is gonna be the gwen and jack show and it makes me worried. i mean, really who wants to see just them and rhys and the baby running around? sad, cause having listened to interviews and read wiki and such, it seems that RTD and the writers are set in not having Ianto come back, even though they KNOW just how important he si to the fans. i hesitate to say that i'll still watch the show but i'm really hoping that the ratings are so low that they have to start considering what they've done...

...anyway, hope i'm welcome here. *waves*

Comment

Why is it that by the time *I* found the fandom (Dec 2011) this thread was already dead? BOO.
          Jenni

Comment

sorry sweetie.... blame RTD... we all do....
            I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
            sigpic

Comment

Why is it that by the time *I* found the fandom (Dec 2011) this thread was already dead? BOO.
              Yeah, I just came across Torchwood. Obviusly 2 years late. I Absolutly loved the show and was very disapointed, what they did to it in the end. Has anyone heard if there ever will be a series 5? *not realy hoping for replys* I now this thread is dead. Anyway
              Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

i've heard rumours that RTD does want to do a s5 but his life is far too hectic atm t really work on it....
                sigpic

Comment

Well let's home he finds time to carry out the plan and that the show will go back again to what it was before s3 and s4. I loved all the small stories and how the relationships between the charakters developed.
                  Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

i honestly think RTD should have handed the reigns of TW over to Moffatt when he gave him Who before coming to America for a year instead of bringing the show with him.... i think part of what really hurt Miracle Day's ratings and likability is that it was too long.... i mean the average british show runs 12-14 eps for one season, but the typical american show runs twice as long..... so they had to string out the storyline to fit a 24 hour format instead of the 12 hour format it had run in the past.... plus it was picked up by Starz, which is a premium network channel, which mean fans had to pay for the channel, and the show's age rating would have been a lot higher than was previously on BBC.... i know TW was supposed to be more adult, but ther was still a childish element of wonder and surprise in the first two series [( can't say much on s3 )] but for american media, s4 would have had to have been considerably darker esp when you look at the fact that it was competing with established shows like True Blood and Dexter....
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, I don't know much about the staff and whaht else all of them are doing and I don't much abou amercan TV-shows ever. Never realy seen any kind of american TV-show. In fact I wasn't a big watcher of any kind of TV-shows (not at least since puberty, where I was seeing differnt stuff, never mind that here *blushes a little*) untill I came across BCCs Sherlok, the first time it aired in my country 2011. I absolutely fell in love with the way, the BBC makes it's shows (not to mention my long love for brith accents) so I was realy exited when I found out about doctor who, somewhen last spring (yes I do live behind the mood ;-)). I watched the whole new series within a month or so last autom and have now fallen for torchwood. What was I going to say? ... ah, yes. Even if I don't know much about american TV series 4 was way too american in my opinion. No offence, but I just loved, what I believe to be the britsh touch of s1 and s2. It's way more subtle and "smaller" if you know what I meen.
                      Like you said, i might have been this long long story line, which brought the concept down (at least it was one reason). I don't mind If there is one big other-all connection in the story line. But I like it best, when this connection reveals itself only in the end. So You think you've got sepperated storyies with lots of small arcs. And yes, it was all too dark with that constant air of catastrophe.

But if they are planning to bring back teh show they shouldn't wait too long, because otherwise, sooner or later, it would be hard to stay with the concept of a nonageing immortle (super)hero. Even a John Barrowman won't look like he's just turned 30 yesterday for ever And who could imagine Torchwood without Captain Jack Harkness?

Comment

oh girl! John is looking as fabulous as ever.... there's some secret that only drag queens know and aren't willing to share with us natural women that makes them look forever young.... i mean, srsly, if you've ever seen a pic of John in drag, he looks even younger as woman than as a man....
                        sigpic

Comment

I never said he doesn't look fabulous anymore. Of course he still locks awsome. And I'me sure he still will for a good bit of time. But sooner or later he won't loock like a hot 30 but like a hot 40 and tehre is nothing worng with that. Only it will get difficult to pretand to bee a charkerter who doesn't age at all. Thats all I'm saing. But I'm sure there will still be a couple of years, where he can.

Comment

but he doesn't age at all.... at the end of Last of the Time Lords, when Jack is parting ways with the Doctor and Martha, he says he's aging, albeit at a greatly slowed metabolic rate... he mentions getting grey hairs.... and he asks the Doctor about it, but the Doctor just doesn't know how that will turn out.... and the great thing about scifi is that you can jump years, and no one will question it.... there's a good chance that if Torchwood is restarted, it could be placed during sometime in the distant future... also, John is 45
                            sigpic

Comment

All right, all right... I'll be quiet

But rather to a restart in distant future I'd prefere the series to go back to the time of s1 and s2, to tell us some storys between the eppisodes we've allready seen. I know this is never going to happen, but there are a lot of thinks I'd like to knew more about.

Spoiler:
                              And it would be the easiest way to bring back the other charakters without some big ressurrection thing. I do like Jack and Gwen together (please don't kill me) but I miss the others. Especially Ianto (to come back to topic and Owen (I know, most people did't like him much, but I did).
                              Well... just let me dream there...
                              Last edited by Greenee; 19 February 2013, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Ok, if you don't know this already, you're so gonna love this:
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRBQwh1xj4E

Jack, Ianto, lovely song, John Barrowmans voice together with Daniel Boys... enjoy.

I don't know if this one was in here befor, since I couldn't open more than 2/3 of the links.

Comment

Working...
                                X