No announcement yet.

The Jack/Ianto Discussion and Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'lo ladies! sorry i haven't been in here for ages, but i've yet to watch CoE and i don't wanna spoil myself... [( i had a busy summer )] anywho just wanted to let you all know that i've started a new forum site dedicated to slashers, so if you're interested, PM me and i'll send you the link!
    I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
    sigpic

Comment

I got some icons i made ^__^

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
      Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
      Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
      sigpic

Comment

I've been going through my Google reader and I've found this entry about what GDL had said about Janto in CoE:

"... GDL's answers to questions at recent cons. Firstly his comment that "Ianto taught Jack about love" Also that whilst he fought to not have Jack say "I love you" in the final conversation (Well final for now), he felt that Jack did absolutely love Ianto. Then this weekend at the Welsh con, he was asked why Jack had been dismissive and said he hated the word couple. GDL replied that Jack was realising that he was in love with Ianto, and not coping well, trying to resist it. "

thanks to fide et spe

BTW Nice icons, Valaslonglostsister.
        "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
        Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
          I've been going through my Google reader and I've found this entry about what GDL had said about Janto in CoE:

"... GDL's answers to questions at recent cons. Firstly his comment that "Ianto taught Jack about love" Also that whilst he fought to not have Jack say "I love you" in the final conversation (Well final for now), he felt that Jack did absolutely love Ianto. Then this weekend at the Welsh con, he was asked why Jack had been dismissive and said he hated the word couple. GDL replied that Jack was realising that he was in love with Ianto, and not coping well, trying to resist it. "

thanks to fide et spe.
          I wish that had come across better in CoE...

Has anyone read JB's new book? At one point he lists his 12 favorite things about Jack Harkness and on that list is: Jack's adoration of Ianto. Also on the list: Ianto's knowledge of what to do with a stopwatch. lol.

He had some less than cheery things to say about CoE though. Methinks he was not very happy with all the choices made.
          Originally posted by Callista
          Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
          Originally posted by HPMom
          She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
            I wish that had come across better in CoE...

Has anyone read JB's new book? At one point he lists his 12 favorite things about Jack Harkness and on that list is: Jack's adoration of Ianto. Also on the list: Ianto's knowledge of what to do with a stopwatch. lol.

He had some less than cheery things to say about CoE though. Methinks he was not very happy with all the choices made.
            I for one did feel the love in CoE esp in their final scene. I didn't mind that Jack hadn't said the words. For me the sentiment was clearly there. [but i'm a hopeless romantic where Janto is concerned *sigh*]

As for the JB's biography, I have pre-ordered the book and can't wait to read it.
            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
              I for one did feel the love in CoE esp in their final scene. I didn't mind that Jack hadn't said the words. For me the sentiment was clearly there. [but i'm a hopeless romantic where Janto is concerned *sigh*]

As for the JB's biography, I have pre-ordered the book and can't wait to read it.
              I'm a bit more cynical. The only real sqee-worthy moment for me was the smile that Jack shot Ianto during the infamous "bean scene." They might have been getting their sexy time ruined, but that smile really highlighted for me how much Jack cared (I am so sad I have to put that in the past tense ) about Ianto.

Comment

Oh my.......there hasn't been a post in here since OCTOBER!! So to hopefully revive this thread, i made this little cracker. It's afirst attempt so it'll be a bit crappy!!

Spoilers for size only
                Spoiler:
                sigpic

Comment

Nice one, Kady! The two of them never needed the "alien made them do it".

Couple of pics from the Cardiff CoE signing event:

Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Well, it didn't take Jack too long to find a new man, did it? The Doctor's really sorry about COE, but here, a new bf will make everything better.

I hate you RTD.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      Well, it didn't take Jack too long to find a new man, did it? The Doctor's really sorry about COE, but here, a new bf will make everything better.

I hate you RTD.
                      THANK you!! I'm so glad i'm not the only one!

Spoiler:
                      I thought that Ten would give Jack, Ianto or some means of bringing Ianto back! What i would do if i was RTD (i'd hate to be him right now) is either:

The barman would pass Jack a note and a package containing something and the barman would say, "Its from the man over there!" Jack sees that its Ten at the back of the room. Ten nods as if to say "open it!". Jack opens the note, it says, "FOR IANTO...". Jack looks at Ten quite puzzled and resumes to open the parckage. We don't see what it is but shocks Jack and makes him gasp. Only Jack seems to know what it is. Jack looks up to say thank you to Ten but he's gone. I'd leave it there as a sort of cliffhanger for Jack to make the audience think, What was the package and what was that note all about! We'd then find out in Torchwood that Ten gave Jack the means to bring Ianto back.

OR:

The barman would pass Jack a note and the barman would say, "Its from the man over there!" Jack sees that its Ten at the back of the room. Ten nods as if to say "open it!". Jack opens the note, it says, "Look behind you!" Jack raises his eyebrow at the Ten. Tell rolls eyes and pulls a face at Jack as if to say, "Well, go on then!!" Jack turns around in his seat and sees Ianto standing there in front of him, with his hands in his pockets. All Ianto says is, "Hi Jack." Jack is stunned. "Are you real?" Jack asks. Ianto doesn't say anything but just nods. Jack choaks back a sob and they fall into a big passonate, full-bodied hug. I wouldn't do a kiss incase young children are watching and i doubt parents want their kids asking, "Daddy, why is Jack kissing another boy?" Jack turns back around to say thank you to Ten but he's gone. Jack turns back and resumes hugging Ianto.

Thats what i would do! Whatcha think?

If RTD didn't think he made enemies because of COE, he has now!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kady View Post

Spoiler:
                        I thought that Ten would give Jack, Ianto or some means of bringing Ianto back! What i would do if i was RTD (i'd hate to be him right now) is either:

The barman would pass Jack a note and a package containing something and the barman would say, "Its from the man over there!" Jack sees that its Ten at the back of the room. Ten nods as if to say "open it!". Jack opens the note, it says, "FOR IANTO...". Jack looks at Ten quite puzzled and resumes to open the parckage. We don't see what it is but shocks Jack and makes him gasp. Only Jack seems to know what it is. Jack looks up to say thank you to Ten but he's gone. I'd leave it there as a sort of cliffhanger for Jack to make the audience think, What was the package and what was that note all about! We'd then find out in Torchwood that Ten gave Jack the means to bring Ianto back.

OR:

The barman would pass Jack a note and the barman would say, "Its from the man over there!" Jack sees that its Ten at the back of the room. Ten nods as if to say "open it!". Jack opens the note, it says, "Look behind you!" Jack raises his eyebrow at the Ten. Tell rolls eyes and pulls a face at Jack as if to say, "Well, go on then!!" Jack turns around in his seat and sees Ianto standing there in front of him, with his hands in his pockets. All Ianto says is, "Hi Jack." Jack is stunned. "Are you real?" Jack asks. Ianto doesn't say anything but just nods. Jack choaks back a sob and they fall into a big passonate, full-bodied hug. I wouldn't do a kiss incase young children are watching and i doubt parents want their kids asking, "Daddy, why is Jack kissing another boy?" Jack turns back around to say thank you to Ten but he's gone. Jack turns back and resumes hugging Ianto.

I like your ideas! Either one of those would have been much better.

Comment

Spoiler:

OR:

Those would have been lovely. I'd choose the first option myself, because that would give Jack a reason to go back to earth and force him to actually make a decision about what he wants.

My real issues with it though it are (1) the idea that the Doctor, who has mourned Rose for so long, thinks a hot shag is going to get Jack to move on, like Jack is really that shallow, (2) the fact that Jack's healing is going to be most likely off-screen with a character not familiar to fans who don't watch Who, and (3) that we're not going to get any real fallout from CoE on Jack.

I mean, Jack was always going to move on and fall in love again, he has to, but to completely skip over the mourning period and straight into new shags (with people that are eerily similar to the deceased lover) is an insult to the character and the audience. More importantly, does he think sex is going to get Jack over steven/alice? Or will RTD write in a new family for him as well?

Comment

I can't help thinking that RTD should've listened to us about what happened in COE and implemented it into Dr. Who if needs be. He certainly didn't do himself any favours doing what he did in DW!! I remember saying out loud over and over again when i saw jack, "Don't get all flirty! Don't get all flirty!" *sighs* RTD never learns does he?
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

OR:

Gosh - my thoughts exactly [especially #1]. Sadly we fans don't get any saying in that. >:

Comment

Spoiler:

OR:

That's an awesome idea! But when i saw that scene i was thinking more so-

Spoiler:
                                I was hoping the note would say "Go back" or something like that.
                                Also....holy crap....i am SOOOO gonna miss David! It's like my heart is torn in a way because i LOVED David but the new Doctor seems a bit promising. But NO ONE can replace David! he is too....too.....FANTASTICALLY BRILLIANT!

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
                                Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
                                Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X