X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huntress View Post
    Please tell me this just didn't happen and it was all just a nightmare

Spoiler:
    They didn't just do what they did. THEY MUST BE ****ING ****TING ME. They just killed the show for me and Jack...what the **** is wrong with you. Ianto is dying in your arms and you STILL can't say "I love you". I don't give a **** any more if there is a fourth series. This is it for me.

Spoiler:
    I agree. I mean, I never expected a happy ending on this show, but this was just so...senseless. A death for drama's sake. I was just acclimating myself to Owen and Tosh and now they kill Ianto as well. And not even an "I love you" from Jack, even if it was a gentle lie. I am not really interested in the Gwen show, so this will likely be where TW ends for me.

I don't know how they thought people would be happy with this.

I need a retcon.
    Originally posted by Callista
    Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
    Originally posted by HPMom
    She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Spoiler:
      Retcon is a great idea right now....
      sigpic

Comment

I am all for a very big deus ex machina.

Spoiler:
        I am still holding on to a very thin thread of hope that RTD has a deux ex machina up his sleeve to put this right but if not...then all I can say is "BITE ME RTD" Gwen is the character is dislike the most and I certainly don't need a Gwen Cooper show. IF this is truly the end of Ianto then I won't forgive Jack either for not saying anything.
        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
        And he's wonderful.

Comment

Spoiler:
          They had better do something because it would be such a terrible ending to Janto, which has only really just begun as Ianto wasn't really in season 1 much. If he does come back (please please please, I don't care how) then it would be good if Jack could say something to poor Ianto to show him just how much he means to him. The thought of no more Janto is just horrible
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
            I am all for a very big deus ex machina.

Spoiler:
            I am still holding on to a very thin thread of hope that RTD has a deux ex machina up his sleeve to put this right but if not...then all I can say is "BITE ME RTD" Gwen is the character is dislike the most and I certainly don't need a Gwen Cooper show. IF this is truly the end of Ianto then I won't forgive Jack either for not saying anything.
            Spoiler:

A lot of folks got their DVDs early, including a friend of mine, and what she told me lines up with all the rumors I've heard, including Ianto's death, and if they continue to be correct: (Day 5 spoilers)

Spoiler:
            the end of day 5 is about six months after Ianto's death and Jack uses his vortex manipulator to leave because "he needs to travel for a while." I don't think Ianto is getting a repreive.

If the duex ex machina happens, which I doubt, it wont happen until series 4.

Ianto was my emotional connection to the show. Even if he and Jack were no longer together I would have still been watching. Now, I'm not so sure...

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
              Spoiler:

A lot of folks got their DVDs early, including a friend of mine, and what she told me lines up with all the rumors I've heard, including Ianto's death, and if they continue to be correct: (Day 5 spoilers)

Spoiler:
              the end of day 5 is about six months after Ianto's death and Jack uses his vortex manipulator to leave because "he needs to travel for a while." I don't think Ianto is getting a repreive.

Ianto was my emotional connection to the show. Even if he and Jack were no longer together I would have still been watching. Now, I'm not so sure...
              Spoiler:
              I know what you mean about Ianto being the emotional connection, he was my favourite character and if he really ain't coming back then i'm out, I can't watch it without him.

I liked Owen and Tosh and didn't like them dying but this is totally different. This is just too many people dying, and to keep a show strong I think you need some sort of stability! Ianto was the heart, and the humour of the show for me. I like Jack and Gwen but not enough without Ianto.
              sigpic

Comment

It 12.15am on Friday Morning and i have just watched Day 4 on iplayer!
                Spoiler:

I am very difficult to shock but this episode managed to do just that. Ianto has been killed off! I cannot believe this. I also cannot believe that the writers, namely RTD, went anywhere near the thought of killing him off. i would say that if asked, about 85% (at least) would say that Ianto is the heart and soul of torchwood. Not Jack, definatly not Gwen, but Ianto. Ianto isn't just the person who "cleans up after us and gets us everywhere on time." but the one who keeps everyone together.

To kill Ianto off worse thing you can do. We're still reeling after the fact that Owen and Tosh were killed off in series 2. To kill off a 3rd character, and much loved i may add, is abit much! RTD is not gonna kill off Jack (fair do's!) and Gwen is very much adored and worshipped by the writers (obvious!) so she's not gonna get killed off, the old guy is getting killed off anyway......Hmm, who can they kill off? Ah, i know! Ianto! Don't worry no-one will notice! *snort* Excuse my language but Bullsh*t!!

If Ianto is somehow not revived, i can guarantee 2 things:

1. The ratings for series 4 will drop like a stone, with fans boycotting Torchwood.
                2. And because off the lack of ratings Torchwood will get cancelled.

I like Gwen, i really do, but i do not want Torchwood to turn in to The Gwen Cooper-Williams Show!!

Also there is the whole Janto fandom!! Killing Ianto will effectively kill off the Jack/Ianto fandom. And if TPTB have killed the Janto pairing, then after the "Day 4" episode was aired TORCHWOOD HAD EFFECTIVELY BEEN KILLED SINCE IT WILL NOT SURVIVE WITHOUT IANTO!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Hi!

I'm with Huntress...I'm all for a duex ex machina. But if it doesn't happen then I guess I'll just accept and move on. I'll be holding on to hope until I see Day 5.

I was just SHOCKED!
                  Spoiler:
                  I really feel that there was SO MUCH MORE that needed to be settled between Jack and Ianto. Something more than the way it ended. There's been a few nice bits from Day 1 through Day 4, but I really think there could have been more to come for them. Then again that could be me and my wishful thinking.

But in ref to the rumours
                  Spoiler:
                  Didn't Jack's vortex manipulator get destroyed? Cause he hasn't had it on since he was blown up. And hadn't the Doctor fix it so he couldn't go anywhere when they (Martha/Mickey/Jack) were leaving the Tardis?

R.I.P Wraithlord
                  Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007 View Post
                    Hi!

I'm with Huntress...I'm all for a duex ex machina. But if it doesn't happen then I guess I'll just accept and move on. I'll be holding on to hope until I see Day 5.

I was just SHOCKED!
                    Spoiler:
                    I really feel that there was SO MUCH MORE that needed to be settled between Jack and Ianto. Something more than the way it ended. There's been a few nice bits from Day 1 through Day 4, but I really think there could have been more to come for them. Then again that could be me and my wishful thinking.
                    Spoiler:
                    It's not just you. Jack and Ianto's relationship opened so many doors and created so many possibilites for the show. It's a shame it ended just when it was getting started.

But I have to say, having rewatched the death scene, it really was quite wonderfully acted. I think Jack's "Stay with me, stay with me, Ianto stay with me, please, please, stay with me" and "Don't go, please don't leave me. Please. Please. Don't..." are going to be lines that stay with me for a long time...

Spoiler:
                    Didn't Jack's vortex manipulator get destroyed? Cause he hasn't had it on since he was blown up. And hadn't the Doctor fix it so he couldn't go anywhere when they (Martha/Mickey/Jack) were leaving the Tardis?

Spoiler:
                    It was disabled but I think he can still use it to communicate witht the Doctor. I don't know how they'll explain it in Day 5 if that's really what happens (perhaps the Doctor fixes it), but after the WTFness of Ianto's death I wouldn't put anything past them.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      It's not just you. Jack and Ianto's relationship opened so many doors and created so many possibilites for the show. It's a shame it ended just when it was getting started.

But I have to say, having rewatched the death scene, it really was quite wonderfully acted. I think Jack's "Stay with me, stay with me, Ianto stay with me, please, please, stay with me" and "Don't go, please don't leave me. Please. Please. Don't..." are going to be lines that stay with me for a long time...
                      I agree!
                      Spoiler:
                      Oh Jack's words were heart breaking. John really did a fantastic job of acting that scene. Gareth also. It really got me when Ianto says 'I love you' and all Jack could say was 'Don't'. Though thinking about it Jack begging Ianto to stay and not leave him, is so much more powerful than saying I love you. I think.

Spoiler:
                      It was disabled but I think he can still use it to communicate witht the Doctor. I don't know how they'll explain it in Day 5 if that's really what happens (perhaps the Doctor fixes it), but after the WTFness of Ianto's death I wouldn't put anything past them.
                      We'll just have to wait and see, after Day 4 I'm not really sure what to expect, not that I knew what to expect from this season anyway. I'm just really happy they did it this way, if I had to wait a week between episodes I'd go mental.

BTW, if you get the retcon, SHARE!...

R.I.P Wraithlord
                      Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        yeah, I'm thinking the same thing.. his vortex manipulator has been destroyed in that explosion.. and even if it had magically survived, finding that little thing inside of all that rubbish? Not likely... Hello plothole..

I agree!
                        Spoiler:
                        Oh Jack's words were heart breaking. John really did a fantastic job of acting that scene. Gareth also. It really got me when Ianto says 'I love you' and all Jack could say was 'Don't'. Though thinking about it Jack begging Ianto to stay and not leave him, is so much more powerful than saying I love you. I think.
                        Spoiler:
                        I should probably duck to avoid the stones thrown at me now, but I thought JB's acting was absolute rubbish in that scene, especially at the end of it. Way over the top and it just screamed "soap opera". It threw me right out of the scene... But maybe I should thank John for that...

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
                        Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Kady View Post
                          It 12.15am on Friday Morning and i have just watched Day 4 on iplayer!
                          Spoiler:

I am very difficult to shock but this episode managed to do just that. Ianto has been killed off! I cannot believe this. I also cannot believe that the writers, namely RTD, went anywhere near the thought of killing him off. i would say that if asked, about 85% (at least) would say that Ianto is the heart and soul of torchwood. Not Jack, definatly not Gwen, but Ianto. Ianto isn't just the person who "cleans up after us and gets us everywhere on time." but the one who keeps everyone together.

To kill Ianto off worse thing you can do. We're still reeling after the fact that Owen and Tosh were killed off in series 2. To kill off a 3rd character, and much loved i may add, is abit much! RTD is not gonna kill off Jack (fair do's!) and Gwen is very much adored and worshipped by the writers (obvious!) so she's not gonna get killed off, the old guy is getting killed off anyway......Hmm, who can they kill off? Ah, i know! Ianto! Don't worry no-one will notice! *snort* Excuse my language but Bullsh*t!!

If Ianto is somehow not revived, i can guarantee 2 things:

1. The ratings for series 4 will drop like a stone, with fans boycotting Torchwood.
                          2. And because off the lack of ratings Torchwood will get cancelled.

I like Gwen, i really do, but i do not want Torchwood to turn in to The Gwen Cooper-Williams Show!!

Also there is the whole Janto fandom!! Killing Ianto will effectively kill off the Jack/Ianto fandom. And if TPTB have killed the Janto pairing, then after the "Day 4" episode was aired TORCHWOOD HAD EFFECTIVELY BEEN KILLED SINCE IT WILL NOT SURVIVE WITHOUT IANTO!!!
                          Spoiler:
                          I agree Kady, how could they even think of killing Ianto!? It's just too much. It's only four episodes ago that Tosh and Owen died and now this? Can you imagine watching the show and Jack (not right away obviously!) flirting with somebody else and Ianto not being there glaring at him? Bless him!

If he is going to stay dead, I just don't get it. Ianto is a very popular character and Janto was one of my main reasons for watching Torchwood. (can't have Shep and Rodney but at least we had Jack and Ianto ) It just seems a really bad move unless Torchwood isn't coming back and this is it? (well, it's still a bad move!)

Bring back Ianto!
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey guys i make my first clip with the scene of the serie 3 episode 4 (damned episode)

warning massive spoiler if you don't wathc the serie 3 don't look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxVrUN5v7pk

my delicious http://delicious.com/marlislash

Comment

Originally posted by phibi View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              yeah, I'm thinking the same thing.. his vortex manipulator has been destroyed in that explosion.. and even if it had magically survived, finding that little thing inside of all that rubbish? Not likely... Hello plothole..
                              Spoiler:
                              Yeah, I don't know what they're going to do, but spoilers have been pretty accurate so far. *Crosses fingers*

So sad....where is the risen mitten when you need it?

Originally posted by phibi View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              I should probably duck to avoid the stones thrown at me now, but I thought JB's acting was absolute rubbish in that scene, especially at the end of it. Way over the top and it just screamed "soap opera". It threw me right out of the scene... But maybe I should thank John for that...
                              JB's acting has, to me anyway, always been a bit OTT so I'm inured to it. If I'm being totally honest, his acting was one of the problems I had with the show when I first started watching. He grew on me though.

BTW, if you get the retcon, SHARE!...
                              Of course.

Comment

I was reading GDL's profile on IMDb and i think we all maybe a little bit quick of the mark as this is was i noticed in his filmography:

"Torchwood" .... Ianto Jones (31 episodes, 2006-2009)
                                - Children of Earth: Day Five (2009) TV episode .... Ianto Jones
                                - Children of Earth: Day Four (2009) TV episode .... Ianto Jones
                                - Children of Earth: Day Three (2009) TV episode .... Ianto Jones
                                - Children of Earth: Day Two (2009) TV episode .... Ianto Jones
                                - Children of Earth: Day One (2009) TV episode .... Ianto Jones

He is, according to this site, creditted to be in Day 5. Just thought you guys should know.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X