Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Episode Discussion (Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:

I screamed retcon as well. I'm amazed that wasn't suggested. My god that poor woman to feel like that, and that poor 'kid'!...

As for Ianto and Jack.... meh I like their interaction a hell of a lot. But when they were caught.... 'using their local area knowledge' I just felt a bit... icky... not because it was two guys, but for God's sake!!!! IN THE OFFICE SPACE!? WHERE ELSE!?! Ok... I'm a TINY bit OCD... but still... even if it had been Gwen and Jack I'd have been upset about that.... keep the sex in the bedroom/car/ally/wherever but NOT your place of work.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I was quite impressed.

*Looks at the dirty looks regarding a certain scene* NOT FOR THAT!!!

I was quite impressed with the overall episode. It made me laugh. It made me cry. It made me squee. I overall enjoyed myself.

WOOT!!!

Comment

Spoiler:

Did anyone else gain so much more respect for Rhyss in this episode? He's proven to be a really decent guy who's got his head screwed on properly and even though he was harsh with Gwen (quite rightly really) he was supportive when she needed it and didn't mind. He's a good man. I hope they don't kill him off.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Yeah I agree.

Spoiler:
          When Rhys told Gwen off I was actually impressed. It was about time that someone gave a stern talking to her.

I tend to feel sorry for Rhys from time to time.

Comment

Spoiler:

It's so true...

And his speech about what Torchwood was fighting for... it's true. It really is...

Save the world all you want, just make sure there's something to save...

On another note... poor Andy I like his character a lot, and I was kinda hoping Gwen would put a word in for him at Torchwood.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
              Why do I get the feeling that with Andy as part of the team...there would be another Gwen around.

Don't get me wrong - I like Gwen. It's just we only need one.

Comment

211 "Adrift"

Wow...! That was brilliant!!

I cannot fault this episode! From start to finish it was just amazing, and to think there are no aliens or big impressive visuals anywhere in the episode! Writer Chris Chibnall has come a long way from the shoddy efforts of 104 "Cyberwoman" - this episode makes up 10 times over for it.

Most cherished moments included Gwen's old partner Andy and his witty one-liners, especially digging on the blob of Rhys. Also the resurfacing of profanity and sex (gay sex too, how modern, haha), and the bizzare yet fascinating effects of rift travel on Jonah... chilling!

All this, including a rock solid performance from Eve Myles made this episode a very welcome addition to a rocky second season.

As if that wasn't enough, Chibnall has the dubious honour (or perhaps the honour is ours) of having written the next and final two episodes of this season of Torchwood, 212 "Fragments" and 213 "Exit Wounds"

From the teaser for next week... my gods it looks to be fantastic!!
                sigpic

Comment

Really am anticipating next week's episode!!!

I saw the trailer and shouted "WOW!!!"

Comment

That was interesting but I can't really share the enthusiasm. Gwen was simply too annoying and stupid but at least it showed that Jack has a heart....but we already knew that and the ending was only consequent. Really what did Gwen expect? Thanks for distroying the hopes and dreams of that poor woman. Jonas might as well be dead. Highlight of the episode for me .....nekkid hide and seek anyone?

Regarding Andy: Thanks but no thanks. He annoys me as much as Gwen does. I'd rather have Rhys on board who won the award for most patient husband in the world in this episode

Friday's episode preview looked incredible. I am so looking forward to that episode.
                    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                    And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                      That was interesting but I can't really share the enthusiasm. Gwen was simply too annoying and stupid but at least it showed that Jack has a heart....but we already knew that and the ending was only consequent. Really what did Gwen expect? Thanks for distroying the hopes and dreams of that poor woman. Jonas might as well be dead. Highlight of the episode for me .....nekkid hide and seek anyone?

Regarding Andy: Thanks but no thanks. He annoys me as much as Gwen does. I'd rather have Rhys on board who won the award for most patient husband in the world in this episode

Friday's episode preview looked incredible. I am so looking forward to that episode.
                      yeah, but it's blatantly going to be part 1 of a 2 part finale
                      Spoiler:
                      Disclaimer:
                      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                      Quotes!
                      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                        yeah, but it's blatantly going to be part 1 of a 2 part finale
                        ....and we will have to wait two weeks for the finale. I know. Nice way of tortouring us, isn't it.
                        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                        And he's wonderful.

Comment

Why two weeks? The last episode can be seen on BBC3 next friday... can't it?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                            yeah, but i am seldom home on friday evenings damned social life eh?
                            Spoiler:
                            Disclaimer:
                            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                            Quotes!
                            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                              damned social life eh?
                              I really wouldn't know...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                                Not according to the Radio Times, no.

Unless I've got my sums wrong (which is always a possibility. Maths not being one of my strong suits), we should get the season finale of Torchwood on either Wednesday the 2nd of April, or Friday the 4th of April.
                                sigpic
                                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X