Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Episode Discussion (Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
    Torchwood was the 'Bad Wolf' of Series 2, a running theme and was planted in the last episodes of series 1 just as
    Spoiler:
    Mr Saxon was mentioned in 'The Runaway Bride' and people are scouring the last eps of series 3 looking for what next years 'clue' is
    Spoiler:
    Actually he was already mentioned in Love & Monsters, but by god I don't get how anyone could have caught that mention...
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial View Post
      Welcome!

I'm fairly new here myself and it's a great place to be when you want to know everything that is there to know about Torchwood.

Now I've just watched Dr.Who's S1 The Unquiet Dead, and I noticed that Eve Myles was in this episode and whether by coincidence or not, she plays a maid named Gwyneth (close to the name Gwen in Torchwood) and she was based in a Cardiff mortuary which had the rift in it, and now Gwen a century+37 odd years later now works where Torchwood is where the rift is now.

Am I right in assuming that the mortuary in 1869 is now the Torchwood base in 2007? And I wonder if the writers knew that she had played this role, before she was cast as Gwen?

It's a shame that Gwen couldn't also have been related to Gwyneth since she was an only child and unmarried before she died stepping in the rift. Otherwise, Gwen could have some powers she doesn't know about.

From what I gather, the writers had Eve Myles in mind when they wrote Torchwood's Gwen in part because they liked how she worked in the Dr. Who ep. Giving her character the same name may be a hint of things to come or, more likely in my opinion, it's an inside joke. Only Dr. Who fans who pay attention to details like one-time character names would even notice that it's the same name and the same actress. She certainly doesn't look the same to me. I had to look closely at the DW ep to realize it was her.

I don't know abuot the Rift and the location of Torchwood.

My question is about Jack and his dashing out of TW and into DW.

Spoiler:
      When Jack ran out of TW at the end of S1, I swear he wasn't wearing his coat or a backpack, and that he heard the Tardis, as well as having the arrival blow papers around inside the building. Yet in DW he's running full speed outside, decked out in coat and pack and says he knew the Tardis was there because the hand moved. Hmm? Continuity goof? Or did I miss an explanation? Yeah, yeah, I know. Not a big deal. I loved both eps of DW and TW. They were great!

Doxy

Comment

Originally posted by Doxymom View Post

Spoiler:
        When Jack ran out of TW at the end of S1, I swear he wasn't wearing his coat or a backpack, and that he heard the Tardis, as well as having the arrival blow papers around inside the building. Yet in DW he's running full speed outside, decked out in coat and pack and says he knew the Tardis was there because the hand moved. Hmm? Continuity goof? Or did I miss an explanation? Yeah, yeah, I know. Not a big deal. I loved both eps of DW and TW. They were great!

Doxy
        Presumably, Jack used his space/time hopper wristband thingy.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
          I've watched the last 2 episodes half a dozen times since they aired and couldn't notice anything suitably cryptic but still worthwhile. Go on... What's your guess? (spoiler tags ftw please. )

Spoiler:

Well the clue to next season happens just after the Master is defeated
          we see what looks like the far future time they left and we hear a woman
          laughing and a hand with red nail polish pick up what looks like a broken
          device

And to answer something people in here are wondering about
          the reason Jack has that hand in the jar is that it's like a "doctor
          detector" and reacts when the Tardis is nearby. That's how he
          knew to run out of Torchwood when they heard the Tardis noise.
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Doxymom View Post

Spoiler:
            Spoiler:
            I'd assume that Jack grabbed his coat, jammed the jar in his bag (which was undoubtedly sitting there ready to go) and made a run for it, although why he even bothered with the hand when he could hear the TARDIS might be a good question. Maybe he was planning on returning it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              Spoiler:
              I'd assume that Jack grabbed his coat, jammed the jar in his bag (which was undoubtedly sitting there ready to go) and made a run for it, although why he even bothered with the hand when he could hear the TARDIS might be a good question. Maybe he was planning on returning it.

Ah................. I think Jack was hoping that with the hand
              the Doctor might find a way to undo his immortality. But this
              is all thrown out the window by the end of the season finale
              to season 3... when............

Spoiler:

Jack makes an off the cuff comment which is in actual fact true.....
              He's the Face Of Boe

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                We in the UK have seen it all and I think those in Australia have too, the US are on either Day One or Ghost Machine, not sure about Canada I think they are the same as the US maybe a bit further on
                Nope, the first ep of Torchwood airs here on October fifth. We're wayyyy behind. Again!

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
                Spoiler:

Well the clue to next season happens just after the Master is defeated
                we see what looks like the far future time they left and we hear a woman
                laughing and a hand with red nail polish pick up what looks like a broken
                device

I don't think so:
                Spoiler:
                The woman with the red fingernails picked up The Master's ring out of his ashes- I presumed that it's how they'll be able to bring him back again when they want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                  Nope, the first ep of Torchwood airs here on October fifth. We're wayyyy behind. Again!

Quite. I mean, we finished it 6 weeks ago! I s'pose I should stop slandering the Israeli channels.
                  ... But, on the other hand, apparently they won't start showing DW series 3 here til 2008. *goes back to slandering them*
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post

I don't think so:
                    Spoiler:
                    The woman with the red fingernails picked up The Master's ring out of his ashes- I presumed that it's how they'll be able to bring him back again when they want to.

MY bad..... I thought it was the far future where they had
                    left but it was the scene where
                    Spoiler:
                    they did the Master's
                    funeral.... Tha laugh did remind me of the Rani.. So is Lucy
                    the Rani or just plain psycho Lucy Saxon
                    Last edited by Skydiver; 26 September 2007, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
                      MY bad..... I thought it was the far future where they had
                      left but it was the scene where
                      Spoiler:
                      they did the Master's
                      funeral.... Tha laugh did remind me of the Rani.. So is Lucy
                      the Rani or just plain psycho Lucy Saxon
                      Good question...

There was a rumour a while ago that
                      Spoiler:
                      Joan Collins was going to appear as the Rani.

Make of that what you will.
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I think that role would suit Joan Collins to the ground. She's a bit of a ham
                        and so is the
                        Spoiler:
                        Rani

Comment

Re: Cyberwoman.

Watch the scene in Cyberwoman where Ianto finds Dr Tanizaki's body... every time he rationalizes away Lisa's actions, tries to find a way of explaining that she's OK... the Sound of Drums plays very clearly. It's not just a drum beat. It's the Drum beat.

"Here come the drums!"
                          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman View Post

Watch the scene in Cyberwoman where Ianto finds Dr Tanizaki's body... every time he rationalizes away Lisa's actions, tries to find a way of explaining that she's OK... the Sound of Drums plays very clearly. It's not just a drum beat. It's the Drum beat.

"Here come the drums!"

I am going to go have to watch that again

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman View Post

"Here come the drums!"
                              Really? Huh, I never noticed.
                              Yes, I am!
                              sigpic
                              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                                Really? Huh, I never noticed.

Hey love youre avatar.... Love the Pinky and the Brain cartoon

Have they got to Atlantis yet and kicked everyone out?

Comment

Working...
                                X