Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Episode Discussion (Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
    Yeah 'cause I am pretty sure it is 'Gor blimey' not "Lor blimey".

Anyway... reminding all Aussie's who never come here. Torchwood is on tonight on Channel 10.
    actually it's 'cor blimey'. lol.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
      Nope, we say pavement.

(UK) Pavement = (US) Sidewalk = (Aus) Footpath (according to Wiktionary...)

In the UK, a footpath is just... a footpath. Any old path (that isn't by the road).

My head hurts... Couldn't all you people have just kept the language the same?
      Well we have the advantage in the fact that we talk the right way.

And we can say that cos it is 'ENGLISH'. In the immortal words of Al Murray 'It's in the name for ****'s sake!'
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        actually it's 'cor blimey'. lol.
        Well that's what I thought but when I asked my Mum she swore "Dick Van Dyke" *oh she is a fan* said "Gor, blimey" *shrugs*

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
          Well that's what I thought but when I asked my Mum she swore "Dick Van Dyke" *oh she is a fan* said "Gor, blimey" *shrugs*
          "Gor blaimey Mairy Poppinnnnns!"

Yeah, it's cor
          scarimor

Comment

If I find out that billz's "possible spoilers" thread is, in fact, accurate, I am going to neg him back to the primordial waters.

Is it safe to assume that no firm date has been set yet for Torchwood's return? *sigh* Any ideas when a date might be known? Will they try and match it up with the return of Who, or will they stagger it?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              If I find out that billz's "possible spoilers" thread is, in fact, accurate, I am going to neg him back to the primordial waters.

Is it safe to assume that no firm date has been set yet for Torchwood's return? *sigh* Any ideas when a date might be known? Will they try and match it up with the return of Who, or will they stagger it?
              The title misleads. It's about something Jack said in "The Empty Child" about the Time Agency taking two years from him. It actually spoils nothing (at least not yet). Still, the title could have been done better.
              Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Ahh. Good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  As far as anyone knows, Torchwood will return in January 2008.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                  To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                  And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I never saw torchwood (it was before I got into Doctor who) and now I am dying to see it......is it going to be repeating any time soon on BBC?
                    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Good question. I'd say they'd probably repeat them before the new series starts next year.

But being honest, your best bet would be to buy the DVDs. You could probably get them cheap off e-bay.
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                        Good question. I'd say they'd probably repeat them before the new series starts next year.

But being honest, your best bet would be to buy the DVDs. You could probably get them cheap off e-bay.
                        Okay thanks!!!!

The new season is set for 2008 right?
                        I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

As far as anyone knows, yes.

If you're interested, there's three original Torchwood novels out - "Another Life", "Slow Decay", and "Border Princes". Same format as the new Dr. Who ones, the dinky wee hardbacks. Waterstones might still be doing their Three for Two offer, but if not there's always e-bay.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm half way through Another Life and it's looking good so far, there are audio versions too John Barrowman reads Another Life and Eve Myles reads Slow Decay (I think)

Comment

Dunno which book it is, but in one of them Owen makes a truly terrible pun.

The team have two Weevils in the celss, a big one and a smaller one. Owen of course can't resist making a crack about it bheing "The lesser of two Weevils".
                              sigpic

Comment

That means Burn Gorman (Owen) must read Border Princes.

I'm gonna have to get Another Life, though, if Barrowman's reading it.

Comment

Working...
                                X