Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Episode Discussion (Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now THAT was an incredible piece of tv! Everyone from Jack to frobisher to Gwen.......even Andy for gods sake was absoloutley incredibly written. Fantastic story telling through and through.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Spoiler:
      Simply put that was the most entertaining, distrubing, stressfull 5 hours of television this 35 year has ever been witness too.
      It ticked every box, it was sublime. The acting was perfect, the script was perfect the direction was perfect. It was grown up it was something that british television has lacked for so many years. It had everything from day one to the tragic conclusion of day five. Frobishay (Sp) sacrificing everything he loved rather than give in to the government (who in my opinon were the real bad guys of the story - the 456 were just druggies) was one of the most emtionally raw pieces of television in recent memory - beats the socks out of BSG as it was more real.
      The tears in Jack's eyes as he killed his grandson looked real there was real emotion going through his face.
      As television goes it doesn't get better than that. The BBC should be proud of what they did here, very very proud. They made first rate television that had more depth than anything with the excepetion of maybe babylon 5's run than the americans have produced recently. It had more character driven stories in the short span of five episodes than most television programmes muster in a series of 23. It was intense, powerful and wasn't afraid to shock.
      I applaude you RTD and the BBC for being brave enough to make powerful science fiction.

As for the future, well we know that it was greenlit pending viewing figures, and the viewing figures were very very good indeed so I expect Torchwood 4 to be made, but with who. I believe we will see Jack again, John Barrowman has gone on record saying he wants to play him forever (botox apparently). We will see a very different Torchwood, maybe now it will keep the tone that has been set....

On a side note. I am glad we never really saw the 456, added to the
      mystery...

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        Now THAT was an incredible piece of tv! Everyone from Jack to frobisher to Gwen.......even Andy for gods sake was absoloutley incredibly written. Fantastic story telling through and through.
        Oh God Andy... and the

Spoiler:
        riot scene,

I almost cried.
        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

I LOL'd at the riot scene.

Don't quote me on the JB leaving rumour, I'll try and find the article but don't hold your breath.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
            Oh God Andy... and the

Spoiler:
            riot scene,

I almost cried.
            Oh absoloutley. And also:

Spoiler:
            Gwens reference to the doctor. Cos I tend to feel the same way. As amazingly wonderful as the human race is, some times you have to wonder if it'd be better if we weren't here at all.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177
              Actually I'm almost sure that the last 5 episodes have made sure RTD has gained more fans than he's lost.
              Indeed. He's gained alot more respect in my eyes after the debacle that was the Season 4 finale. I'm almost sad to see him go.
              You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
              And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

Does anybody know that if we get season 4, if RTD will have anything to do with it? i know he's leaving DW, but what about TW?
                People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by Indum'kra View Post
                  Indeed. He's gained alot more respect in my eyes after the debacle that was the Season 4 finale. I'm almost sad to see him go.
                  Actually I thought the season 4 finale was awesome as well. The only thing I'd say is that he really needed 3 episodes to do it in rather than 2.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                    Actually I thought the season 4 finale was awesome as well. The only thing I'd say is that he really needed 3 episodes to do it in rather than 2.
                    I don't think an extra episode would have helped. In fact, I don't think I could have beared any more of RTD's self-indulgent crap. I just wish somehow we could have had Children of the Earth RTD all the time and not the RTD that produced the S4 finale, which even now gets my blood boiling with nerdrage. He's like the Dr Jeykll and Mr Hyde of sci-fi.
                    You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
                    And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
                      Does anybody know that if we get season 4, if RTD will have anything to do with it? i know he's leaving DW, but what about TW?
                      I hope so, I think the problem was he couldn't cope with two series (which is fair) and wanted to concentrate on one, I guess that one was torchwood, and the quality shone through. I for one am hoping RTD stays on with torchwood, it would be a loss without him.

Comment

andy is a legend but hes a bit stupid because
                        Spoiler:
                        he takes his body armour off before going into the fight with the soldier. i dunno about you guys but i would keep the armour on and this might of helped when he got punched in the chest lol!!

save stargate atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by valen_sinclair View Post
                          I hope so, I think the problem was he couldn't cope with two series (which is fair) and wanted to concentrate on one, I guess that one was torchwood, and the quality shone through. I for one am hoping RTD stays on with torchwood, it would be a loss without him.
                          well Torchwood is His Baby. he created it, so i can see him wanting to focus one that if thats the case. and it's still Doctor Who (sort of)

Comment

<Quoted post and reference to it snipped by moderator>
                            Man. Even if I didn't like all the decisions made, that was an intense 5 hours of television. It even redeemed Gwen's character for me a bit, though I doubt I will ever really consider myself a fan of her.

Spoiler:
                            Unfortunately, all my favorites have been killed. I hope the rumors of JB not returning aren't true.
                            Last edited by Bagpuss; 11 July 2009, 08:24 PM.
                            Originally posted by Callista
                            Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                            Originally posted by HPMom
                            She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

BSG was powerful stuff. This? This was not powerful this was just <mod snip, we have the language filter for a reason folks, please respect it> around with fans!

Spoiler:
                              Jack killing his own grandson? Forbisher killing his own family? And don't even get me started on Ianto.

No. Thanks but no.
                              Last edited by Bagpuss; 11 July 2009, 08:24 PM.
                              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                              And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Indum'kra View Post
                                I don't think an extra episode would have helped. In fact, I don't think I could have beared any more of RTD's self-indulgent crap. I just wish somehow we could have had Children of the Earth RTD all the time and not the RTD that produced the S4 finale, which even now gets my blood boiling with nerdrage. He's like the Dr Jeykll and Mr Hyde of sci-fi.
                                heh heh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwaQD...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                                X