Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Episode Discussion (Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me, Grey ended up as nothing more then a plot device but he should have been so much more, it isn't all down to the actor, but I think somewhere the character of Grey was definitely let down, as a character. If Grey returns I hope the character is given the depth he was missing here.

Or maybe it is my low tolerance for on screen whining, and false blaming of others for their own woes.

Jack was not much more of a kid himself at the time, what did Grey expect? If he must be psycho mad at someone I would think his father would have been a better choice or even his mother, I guess it is something to do with thinking your big brother is their to protect you no matter what happens.

I just think the whole thing with Grey was a bit rushed and a bit of a missed opportunity, even just a missed opportunity to understand Jack better.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post

Jack was not much more of a kid himself at the time, what did Grey expect? If he must be psycho mad at someone I would think his father would have been a better choice or even his mother,
      But they're both presumably dead (though Time Travel does make it complicated).

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
      I just think the whole thing with Grey was a bit rushed and a bit of a missed opportunity, even just a missed opportunity to understand Jack better.
      I agree with you 100% there

Comment

Well I just watched "Exit Wounds" again, and I swear, those last scenes will make me tear up every time... gut-wrenching! It's in Tosh and Owen's grins at the gates of their deaths, it's in Jack's face as he realizes what he's lost in two amazing comrades, it's in Ianto's expression of fierce emotional anger at losing them, and Gwen's absolute grief and weakness to continue on after such a tragedy.

Priceless and full of sadness... the happiness for clever people.
        Last edited by Dusk; 12 May 2008, 08:05 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

So according to the Doctor Who News Page next season is going to be a five-part serial and one of the characters is going to be called
          Spoiler:
          Mr Frobisher, "who hides a terrible secret."

Mr FROBISHER?? And he has a SECRET?? Hell yeah, he does, HE'S A FLIPPIN' ALIEN PENGUIN!! LOL!

Okay, I'm fairly sure that isn't it, but since the Frobisher audiobooks are among the few I've listened to, that's the first thing that popped to mind when I saw the name. Ye gods, can you just imagine?? I mean, yes, technically he's a shapechanger, but he liked to shapechange to a PENGUIN!

I would laugh my ass off.

Comment

I've no idea what to do about discussing the Torchwood radio play so I thought here would be a good place for it, if the Mod's don't think so let me know and I'll start a new thread.

Pretty good I thought
            Spoiler:
            Tosh and Owen gor a mention as did Lisa and they got rid of the alien's by reversing the polarity of the HDC, SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Comment

Am listening to it now...
              available for download inside and outside of the UK from Radio 4
              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Hmmm, I wonder if I can port it over to the media player on my mobile phone?
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                  Am listening to it now...
                  available for download inside and outside of the UK from Radio 4
                  Oh you can get it outside the UK, that's good to know

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                    Hmmm, I wonder if I can port it over to the media player on my mobile phone?
                    It's on Mp3 so you should be able to

Comment

listened to it.

Spoiler:
                      Did they get rid of the aliens by chaning the direction of the positron flow??? LOL.
                      Slightly "yes I've been through school, thankyou" feeling with the way the science exposition was delivered, but all in all it was very enojoyable. squee.
                      Yes, I am!
                      sigpic
                      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I finished listening to it.
                        Spoiler:
                        Jack as Ianto's PA was extemely funny in and of it's self. Started tearing up at the mention of Owen and Tosh. The expostion was to me a little lenghty. I also understood it, but others may not.
                        Almost wish it was an actual episode, but it helped with my Torchwood fix.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Oh yes! and I loved the running gag of "embassador for Wales". cracked me up...
                          Yes, I am!
                          sigpic
                          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                            listened to it.

Spoiler:
                            Did they get rid of the aliens by chaning the direction of the positron flow??? LOL.
                            Slightly "yes I've been through school, thankyou" feeling with the way the science exposition was delivered, but all in all it was very enojoyable. squee.
                            Spoiler:
                            I did actually squeal out "Reverse the Polarity" when Jack was explaining that they had to changethe matter beam to Anti Matter and I squeed again when Jack actually said it. I didn't actually see my daughter do it but I think she rolled her eyes in a my-mother's-sad way

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                              It's on Mp3 so you should be able to
                              Jolly good.

I've a long bus journey to look forward to on Friday, so that'll give me something interesting to listen to.
                              sigpic
                              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                                I finished listening to it.
                                Spoiler:
                                Jack as Ianto's PA was extemely funny in and of it's self. Started tearing up at the mention of Owen and Tosh. The expostion was to me a little lenghty. I also understood it, but others may not.
                                Almost wish it was an actual episode, but it helped with my Torchwood fix.
                                Spoiler:
                                Oh indeed, something tells me it would have been visually stunning if they could have filmed it there.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X