This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jper View Post
    It might be interesting to maybe learn more about the virus and its origin(s) in another series... instead of having to incorporate into TWD original series.
    HMM a prequel series starring that Jenner guy from TS-9 could be interesting i guess
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

Or something even more original that TPTB of TWD could think of.
      I wonder if they have some idea about the origin.
      A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
        Very interesting. I look forward to more information coming out about this potential spinoff.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
          I'm gonna say Herschel survives season 4, but i think he might die in s5 (if we get a fifth season)
          I love Herschel. He is great on this show IMO. If he does die, it will be a very sad moment for me.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm gonna say Herschel survives season 4, but i think he might die in s5 (if we get a fifth season)
            How long can a one-legged old man realistically survive a ZA?

-too many irons in the fire. . . another spin off might work well once TWD goes belly up a few seasons from now, though.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kali View Post

-too many irons in the fire. . . another spin off might work well once TWD goes belly up a few seasons from now, though.
              Two seasons

Spoiler:
              look at Merle he survived a couple of seasons without an Arm, plus i bet there are alot of amputees around in The ZA at this point
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

A one-legged member of a skilled group with a defensible area? A long time. If they abandon the prison for the road, Hershel's chances go way, way down. Even then, his chances are better than most, because of the protection his group affords. Sure, he might die, but at the moment I don't see his death as more likely than any other member of the group. (That could change.)

I'm wary of the spin-off. I hope it doesn't drain writing/producing talent from TWD.

Comment

I wonder if they are going to go with the history behind the Governor as Kirkman has done with his books. (not the graphic novels)

Comment

I want a series from Lee Everett/Clementine's perspective i think that would be cool

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                    A one-legged member of a skilled group with a defensible area? A long time. If they abandon the prison for the road, Hershel's chances go way, way down. Even then, his chances are better than most, because of the protection his group affords. Sure, he might die, but at the moment I don't see his death as more likely than any other member of the group. (That could change.)

I'm wary of the spin-off. I hope it doesn't drain writing/producing talent from TWD.
                    Thats what i was thinking, and i think they might leave the prison by s4 finale or in the middle of s5 (if we get s5)
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
                      Sounds like fun, happy birthday to your daughter! Good choice of movie....I found it to be disturbing and not because of the zombies!
                      thanks.. I thought so... and I felt the same way about it too..more psychological thriller

I hope Maggie Goes and Glenn stays, didnt really like Maggie much anyway
                      But I would think that killing maggie would leave the show female light I mean we just lost Andrea and then Lori prior...I think it's time for more male deaths. And I do think Hershel is a possibility ...don't think they will mess with Glen or Daryl only cuz Glen represents the pizza delivery guy who has grown so much and it would just be a crushing blow to the show IMO and Daryl is too much a fan fav so I just don't see them doing that. I could see Carl going..unless they want to save him for future generation of show...taking over things if Rick dies....and of course the Governor....has to die a slow agonizing death....and then some of the newbies that just joined on.
                      I say they are thinking of winding up TWD so they needed to spin something off to see how it will perform before they wrap up TWD. It's a way to ensure the legacy continues. I just don't know that there will be the same level of passion for that... I mean I could be speaking too early but what compelled me about this series is more the characters not so much the zombie thing...that's an added bonus

The other thing.....did you guys see the deleted scene from S3 where Carol is talking to Merle and threatening to slit his throat if he did anything to Daryl that was awesome. I'm a bit of a Carol/Daryl shipper so I really hope something comes of their relationship on screen.
                      Originally posted by jelgate
                      This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                        thanks.. I thought so... and I felt the same way about it too..more psychological thriller

But I would think that killing maggie would leave the show female light I mean we just lost Andrea and then Lori prior...I think it's time for more male deaths. And I do think Hershel is a possibility ...don't think they will mess with Glen or Daryl only cuz Glen represents the pizza delivery guy who has grown so much and it would just be a crushing blow to the show IMO and Daryl is too much a fan fav so I just don't see them doing that. I could see Carl going..unless they want to save him for future generation of show...taking over things if Rick dies....and of course the Governor....has to die a slow agonizing death....and then some of the newbies that just joined on.

I say they are thinking of winding up TWD so they needed to spin something off to see how it will perform before they wrap up TWD. It's a way to ensure the legacy continues. I just don't know that there will be the same level of passion for that... I mean I could be speaking too early but what compelled me about this series is more the characters not so much the zombie thing...that's an added bonus

The other thing.....did you guys see the deleted scene from S3 where Carol is talking to Merle and threatening to slit his throat if he did anything to Daryl that was awesome. I'm a bit of a Carol/Daryl shipper so I really hope something comes of their relationship on screen.
                        As long as they don't kill Glenn or Daryl for now i'm ok

I hope TWD has Longevity like say Stargate, it may not have as many episodes, having that many seasons would be awesome , i really want a spin off focusing on the video game characters, that way they wouldnt affect the main story too much but still have a meaningfull story to tell plus i think clementine story could work really well on the small screen if they had the right actor to play her
                        Last Movie Watched
                        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                        Life is Strange

Comment

As long as they don't kill Glenn or Daryl for now i'm ok

I hope TWD has Longevity like say Stargate, it may not have as many episodes, having that many seasons would be awesome , i really want a spin off focusing on the video game characters, that way they wouldnt affect the main story too much but still have a meaningfull story to tell plus i think clementine story could work really well on the small screen if they had the right actor to play her
                          IDK there were parts of that story that didn't sit right with me. I hated that
                          Spoiler:
                          Lee died inthe end. All that and he ended up dead. I think Clementine is too young to try and survive more or less on her own...
                          and I don't know that they will use that was a preface....it sounded like they wanted more of a blank slate to play with. They may however try and focus on how society will try and rebuild and cope with the ZA and maybe they will choose a child lead to do it...that would certainly be different but I just think they are trying to do something fresh and I just can't see how continuing on with the Clementine story line would be considered fresh really but then again who'd of thought they would've used the comics....so IDK. I just think running around killing zombies is going to get old. They are going to have to do something to keep it going....because I can't see them milking that for 10 seasons
                          Originally posted by jelgate
                          This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

At the moment I'm not too thrilled about a spin-off, especially this early in the show's life. I don't want it affecting the primary show (budget wise) which is what I'm invested in.

There is still plenty of great stuff from the comics (that has already been written considering Kirkman is still writing them) to draw from for the core show to last them another 3 or 4 seasons beyond this one considering how they have expanded the prison arc into 2 seasons.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

Two seasons

Spoiler:
                              look at Merle he survived a couple of seasons without an Arm, plus i bet there are alot of amputees around in The ZA at this point
                              Merle and Hershel are entirely two different situations. Besides, missing a leg is more of a disadvantage not to mention Hershel's advanced age.

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post

Yes, but spoilers have revealed that
                              Spoiler:
                              the group leaves the prison.

Otherwise, you could be right.
                              sigpic

Comment

Merle and Hershel are entirely two different situations. Besides, missing a leg is more of a disadvantage not to mention Hershel's advanced age.

Yes, but spoilers have revealed that
                                Spoiler:
                                the group leaves the prison.

Otherwise, you could be right.

I know they are, but Herschel also has the support of a group were Merle was kind of on his own

and i bet they

Spoiler:
                                leave the prison in the season 4 finale
                                Last edited by mr_kennedy; 26 September 2013, 03:15 PM.
                                Last Movie Watched
                                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                                Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                                X