Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it is. It was originally going to be 13 but they extended it.
    sigpic

Comment

Mmmm nope. When it was renewed in late October last year they didn't specify the episode count. They clarified in January that it was going to be 16. It was never said that S3 was going to be 13.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Well glad to hear I was wrong about that. Bring it on!

Its nice to know they aren't afraid to buck the trend and have longer seasons than usual for a cable network.
        sigpic

Comment

Boom! This shows back with a bang!
          Great opener. and is it me or is this show getting more and more gorey?
          Spoiler:
          I was eating my lunch while watching... Especially Hershels amputation at the end...
          Also, nice to see new characters, and tougher to kill zombies
          Theyve finally found silencers! =) After 2 seasons...
          Also, really nice to see all of the characters developing, especially Rick, grabbing that axe and chopping off Hershels leg without a second glance, was nice though that before the final blow, he stopped as if he realised what he was doing...

Really looking forward to the rest of this season!
          Last edited by Teddybrown; 20 October 2012, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
            Boom! This shows back with a bang!
            Great opener. and is it me or is this show getting more and more gorey?
            Spoiler:
            I was eating my lunch while watching... Especially Hershels amputation at the end...
            Also, nice to see new characters, and tougher to kill zombies
            Theyve finally found silencers! =) After 2 seasons...
            Also, really nice to see all of the characters developing, especially Rick, grabbing that axe and chopping off Hershels leg without a second glance, was nice though that before the final blow, he stopped as if he realised what he was doing...

Really looking forward to the rest of this season!
            Gore is just part of this story. Have you seen the comic source material?
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I am counting down the hours until tonight's episode.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Gore is just part of this story. Have you seen the comic source material?
                Ive heard about storylines, but never actually looked at the comic...

Also, seems
                Spoiler:
                We may have someone dieing in episode 4 as the synopsis for episode 5 mentions Rick struggling after another loss...

Comment

Ive heard about storylines, but never actually looked at the comic...

Also, seems
                  Spoiler:
                  We may have someone dieing in episode 4 as the synopsis for episode 5 mentions Rick struggling after another loss...
                  Yeah, and I think I know who may be behind it. We shall see.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

When does the break happen ? At which episode ? Again with episode 7 ? Or do we have more episodes to enjoy this year,
                    sigpic

Comment

Episode 2 question,
                      Spoiler:
                      Isnt the prisoner story longer in the comics?

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                        When does the break happen ? At which episode ? Again with episode 7 ? Or do we have more episodes to enjoy this year,
                        We will be getting 8 episodes this year and 8 episodes next year from season 3
                        Last edited by mr_kennedy; 30 October 2012, 04:40 PM.
                        Last Movie Watched
                        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                        Life is Strange

Comment

Episode 2 question,
                          Spoiler:
                          Isnt the prisoner story longer in the comics?
                          Yes, there is more to it in the comics than the quick clean up Rick did in the ep.

Spoiler:
                          They discover 4 like they did in the show. (well the ep had 5) One turned out to be a complete psycho. And two others were trouble makers just like presented in the show. They were dealt with similarly but after some time had passed and other events taken place. And then had the remaining one befriend the group while at the prison.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                            Yes, there is more to it in the comics than the quick clean up Rick did in the ep.

Spoiler:
                            They discover 4 like they did in the show. (well the ep had 5) One turned out to be a complete psycho. And two others were trouble makers just like presented in the show. They were dealt with similarly but after some time had passed and other events taken place. And then had the remaining one befriend the group while at the prison.
                            Spoiler:
                            So it seems they shortened that storyline, by killing 3/5 of them, unless the other 2 will come back to haunt Rick...
                            But, gives us more time for the Governor storyline...

Comment

Spoiler:
                              So it seems they shortened that storyline, by killing 3/5 of them, unless the other 2 will come back to haunt Rick...
                              But, gives us more time for the Governor storyline...
                              True. I'd rather not get bogged down with them as they essentially got what they needed to add to the story in that ep....
                              Spoiler:
                              Rick killing both of them like he did because he was not going to give up the prison.
                              They big thing in the comics was
                              Spoiler:
                              Rick's confrontation with the leader of the prisoners. Animosity between the two continued to build until a showdown of guns where the prisoner tried to force them out of the prison. This was interrupted by walkers getting loose where they were. In the chaos, Rick made the decision to shoot and kill the guy...claiming it was an "accident".

The psycho guy doesn't really have a place in the show because in the comics there were people in the group that are not in the show so his storyline is unimportant in the show.

I don't think the remaining two in the show will be a problem.

And yes, I'd much rather focus on the Governor.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

Maybe we have not seen all of the
                                Spoiler:
                                surviving prisoners just yet.
                                Time will tell.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X