Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, AMC had all the twitter feeds for their shows tweeting it like crazy when it happened. Sucks for you guys...
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Yeah, AMC had all the twitter feeds for their shows tweeting it like crazy when it happened. Sucks for you guys...
      well I didn't get the tweets apparently Why did they drop AMC? I think it is really helping the cable guys out
      Originally posted by jelgate
      This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

There seems to be some disagreement over that from each side. Dish claims AMC is expensive vs. its ratings, AMC accuses Dish of doing it because of an ongoing legal dispute over some channels that have been dead for a while now.

A pissing contest between empty suits, essentially.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Er...maybe before speculating on Season 3 you should watch Season 2? The comics and show aren't identical.
          Never read the comics...that speculation was based only off of what I have seen in the show and what speculations and rumors I have read online about season 3 o far (I am not that big on reading comics.)

Comment

Okay, my point being that

BIG season 2 spoiler!!
            Spoiler:
            Dale died in Season 2, so it seems rather unlikely that he'll die again in Season 3

Comment

Okay, my point being that

BIG season 2 spoiler!!
              Spoiler:
              Dale died in Season 2, so it seems rather unlikely that he'll die again in Season 3
              Spoiler:
              My bad, I dont remember dale dying over SPOILER

Shanes death at the end of season 2...but as we are watching a Zombie series its not all that unlikely that dale could come back and die again but i concede the point. although my season three speculations are no less possible I just didnt remember the first half already happening

Comment

Originally posted by Muffong
                Spoiler:
                Maybe T-Dog, would be okay with me.
                They definitely need to do something more with that character. One way or the other.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Muffong
                  Spoiler:
                  Maybe T-Dog, would be okay with me.
                  Who?

Spoiler:
                  THAT'S THE JOKE!

Comment

http://cultfix.co.uk/the-walking-dea...lery-18550.htm
                    Season 3 poster and images

Comment

I really like the Season 3 poster.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        I really like the Season 3 poster.
                        I was hoping the prison would have a more medieval/victorian look to it, more bricks and mortar rather metal fences and corrugated steal sheets.
                        Last edited by knowles2; 09 September 2012, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                          I was hoping the prison would have a more medieval/victorian look to it, more bricks and mortar rather metal fences and corrugated steal sheets.
                          Well that's what prisons generally look like, or at least in my area of the South they do. Maybe not so much the corrugated sheeting but rather brick buildings, but the double row metal fencing with razor wire is spot on as well as the guard towers. I live in an area with several state prison units as the city is the headquarters for the state prison system.

Nice poster for S3. Not quite as good as the ones for the first 2 seasons though, imo. Referring to Rick riding into Atlanta on the horse and then S2 of running toward the farm house.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                            Well that's what prisons generally look like, or at least in my area of the South they do. Maybe not so much the corrugated sheeting but rather brick buildings, but the double row metal fencing with razor wire is spot on as well as the guard towers. I live in an area with several state prison units as the city is the headquarters for the state prison system.
                            That may be how they look in real life in that area but I was hoping they would use a bit of artistic license an design something more Victorian era. Something more on the lines Wandsworth or penterville in the UK.

Comment

It'd be a little unusual to see a Victorian-style prison in the American south... Having read the comics, I think a modern-style prison is aesthetically perfect to the story.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                                That may be how they look in real life in that area but I was hoping they would use a bit of artistic license an design something more Victorian era. Something more on the lines Wandsworth or penterville in the UK.
                                I get that but yeah I think it would be rather out of place considering the setting and that it is supposed to be a prison that was in use.

Though I imagine they also save money on set design by having it more contemporary looking. From what I can gather they built the prison set rather than find one to film at.

It'd be a little unusual to see a Victorian-style prison in the American south... Having read the comics, I think a modern-style prison is aesthetically perfect to the story.
                                Agreed. I'm currently reading them and have gotten to the prison story.
                                IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                                X