Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope the show isn't too goofy this season. I think the goofier elements let it down last year. Things like the nursing home and the CDC with its implosion device. Needs to stick to what made the pilot so great -- thick atmosphere, jolting shocks, and contemplative character work.

MZPtv - fiction never tasted so good! Join other aspiring writers in our community
    dedicated to scripted original, 'Buffyverse' and 'Aliasverse' online fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by JTVaughn View Post
      I hope the show isn't too goofy this season. I think the goofier elements let it down last year. Things like the nursing home and the CDC with its implosion device. Needs to stick to what made the pilot so great -- thick atmosphere, jolting shocks, and contemplative character work.
      Atmosphere and character drama is good but it becomes redundant without any new elements and plot developments. How many times does a character needs to cry about his dead wife or children before it becomes redundant if nothing is added to the plot?
      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I for one am looking forward to the new season. I had no problems with the first season. It was nice to see a series that is actually scary. Most movies now are not really scary or creepy. They are just gore and how cruel one person can be to others. This series however, is just creepy as hell. Heh, I'd always have to watch some cartoons after watching before I could go to bed
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
          Atmosphere and character drama is good but it becomes redundant without any new elements and plot developments. How many times does a character needs to cry about his dead wife or children before it becomes redundant if nothing is added to the plot?
          For sure. I never said plot advancement was bad, just the goofier elements of s1 which stuck out. Even this new trailer has one, with Rick throwing the rock. It's not a crime against humanity, but it just feels unnecessarily silly for such a gritty, horrific show. Don't get me wrong, I like a bit of levity in my dark fiction, but there's a fine line between levity and goofiness. I think Darabont is better than that.

MZPtv - fiction never tasted so good! Join other aspiring writers in our community

Comment

I didn't see anything goofy with the throwing of the rock.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I haven't seen the trailer yet...

fifth, I still laugh at your sig every time I see it
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by loserinc View Post
                I haven't seen the trailer yet...

fifth, I still laugh at your sig every time I see it
                Thanks! People seem to like it. That is why I have never changed it.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  I didn't see anything goofy with the throwing of the rock.
                  And that's opinion Personally I think it looks ridiculous, but to each their own

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                    Short clip from S2 posted on TVbtN that ran during the season premier of Breaking Bad.
                    Sweet. I'm impatiently waiting for Season 2 - whenever that is.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    Thanks! People seem to like it. That is why I have never changed it.
                    I love your sig too. No matter how many times I've seen it, I smile. It's good to know that you realize it's well-liked and don't plan to change it.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Luciana

Comment

theyve released a a new 4+ minute trailer...looks pretty darn awesome
                      http://tv.ign.com/articles/118/1183649p1.html
                      cant wait for october

and side note...fifth mans sig is hilarious glad its not changing

Comment

^ Same trailer at the TWD site
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

That trailer was amazing. I really have high hopes for this coming season. I am so glad it has more episodes to it as well.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Great trailer. October 16 can't get here fast enough.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

The trailer looks amazing. I can't wait for October 16th.
                              My blog
                              My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                                Great trailer. October 16 can't get here fast enough.
                                Boy is that the truth. I am just glad I have the comic to keep me entertained until then. Also, when we get a little closer, I will do a re-watch of Season 1.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X