Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler tags, check! In a few hours... Can't frelling wait!
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Not long to wait now. Only forty minutes or so left.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

that. was. AWESOME!

Spoiler:
        hey you! dumbass! yeah, you in the tank. you cozy in there???

Epic.

Comment

Yeah. That was awesome. INCREDIBLE first episode. Everything from cinematography, set design, gore and direction were perfect.
          sigpic
          Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

Ho. Ly. Crap. That was awesome. I was excited for this show, but I've been burned by a lot of shows in the past so I was trying to reserve judgment and wow, wow. wow. I will be buying this show on Blu on the day it hits shelves on the strength of the first episode alone. I may just have found my new favourite show (behind The Wire, of course )!
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The first episode absolutely kept my attention the entire time. And to think some people think the Zombie genre is dead! This show will likely become one of my favorites!

Comment

Totally. Flippin'. Awesome.

Spoiler:
                Hit all the right notes a zombie story should right off the bat - the confusion, the fear, the denial, the anger, the depression, the sympathetic protagonist, the awesome and bleak set pieces, the tragic characters - all real and solid emotions played pitch perfect, not to mention it had one emotion that I feel is the most important - Hope. And, you know, it had zombies getting murdered in deliciously gory ways. Good times.

Can't wait until next week.
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

oh yeah it was great,

Spoiler:
                  it featured a lot of typical scenes of the genre (ignorant guy waking up in a hospital, guy not wanting to shoot his loved one, guy walking smack in the middle of a zombie horde, etc.) but in a good way without making you roll your eyes

my favourite scene is of course

Spoiler:
                  the entire city scene from the moment he enters the city limits and you see a couple of zombies stand up from the bus and you know he's just thinking "ehhhh no big deal" and then he turns the corner around the block and he's suddenly smack in the middle of the zombie apocalypse. That was all epic! The fate of the horse was so sad but ooohhh so epic too. Nice little twist.
                  I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Two other things I noticed:

1) The broken clock was recycled....the one that Grimes sees in the hospital room and notices it isn't ticking? Yeah, look closely at the clock on the wall when he gets out to the nurses' station. It's the same clock

2) I think it's hilarious that this was rated TV-14 on Canadian TV
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I just gotta say, I'm just chuffed there's actually now a zombie apocalypse character drama on TV right now (AMC, no less). I never thought I'd see the day. It's awesome.

Comment

I didn't read the spoilers But now I'm excited and can't wait to see it just on you guys excitement alone
                        sigpic

Comment

That was a great first ep....for the look and feel alone. Those were some really cool and chilling shots.

Spoiler:
                          Riding into Atlanta on the horse and the zombie covered tank.

poor horse though

It's the usual trappings but can still make for a great story. Can't wait till next week!

I only care about watching three shows on tv, atm, this makes number four.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

Woo! I'm really glad to see everyone here liking it, it was such a great first episode, I'm going to check it out proper when it shows here though since it was the pre-air one i seen. I just don't know if i'll be able to wait the 5 extra days each week for it to show here, it's sooooooooo good!
                            sigpic

Comment

I am actually to afraid to watch this alone... is it really scary?...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                                I am actually to afraid to watch this alone... is it really scary?...
                                Gory, yes. Very. Scary... not too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X