Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inconsistencies 101 : SPOILERS S1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
    "Whenever you see something like that, a wizard did it."

    "But what about-"

    "Wizard!"

    Unless they decide to just stick to their current animal set, it'll happen more.
    Or magnets as Jack would say
    Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
    McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

    Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

    http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Steam View Post
      Or magnets as Jack would say
      I still say its Dumbledor!
      sigpic

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Naomi View Post
        Two things immediate come to my mind.

        The dinosaur only ate the leaves, and the little girl was uninjured. I'm glad the little girl wasn't injured, but I didn't believe the scene. I don't buy that the dinosaur would not at least nip the little girl's hand which is so close to the leaves.

        The gi-normous leech being left on that guy's back. Granted, I do not know how fast a leech can take in blood, but my first impression is leaving that leech on someone would cause that person to die from blood loss.
        Not unlike a sloth, a big herbavore like that would occasionally snap up something flesh (like a little girl).

        Comment


          #19
          I suppose this is more of a gripe than an inconsistency: the fence.

          1.) They are so concerned about dinosaurs getting near the encampment. We hear about sonic mines and we've seen the various big guns used to scare away dinosaurs, and yet several sauropods are able to freely feed right outside the fence. Yes, the fence is strong, and it has those pointy things along the top rail to keep things away. This being said, I'd say that dinosaurs that size would butt up against that fence often, just blundering about in the process of feeding. And even if they were injured they'd eventually knock it down. And what about their neck reach? Those things could do a significant amount of damage to anything too close to the fence.

          Of course, if they were scared off by the sonic cannon then they couldn't do that seen with Zoe.

          2.) Easy access for small stuff. Just as Skye and Josh can crawl through the fence to go out, other things could crawl through the fence to come in. I'm surprised that there isn't some sort of tighter blocking mechanism for the lower half of the fence.

          3.) Weeding. Yes, without it the writers wouldn't have had a moment for Jim Shannon to hack at big vines with much amusement had by all...

          I'd say the they would have done more to prevent those kinds of vines from taking such an extensive hold on the fence. Whether they did something when the fence was first put in, which would hinder plant growth in that strip along the fence, or to schedule a regular shift where a group patrolled the entire perimeter looking for growth before it got too large, something should have been done differently. They could even do it as a responsibility of the local area to maintain the fence near their homes.

          Alternatively, they could find a use for those vines in some manufacturing sense...

          regards,
          G.
          Go for Marty...

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
            I suppose this is more of a gripe than an inconsistency: the fence.

            1.) They are so concerned about dinosaurs getting near the encampment. We hear about sonic mines and we've seen the various big guns used to scare away dinosaurs, and yet several sauropods are able to freely feed right outside the fence. Yes, the fence is strong, and it has those pointy things along the top rail to keep things away. This being said, I'd say that dinosaurs that size would butt up against that fence often, just blundering about in the process of feeding. And even if they were injured they'd eventually knock it down. And what about their neck reach? Those things could do a significant amount of damage to anything too close to the fence.

            Of course, if they were scared off by the sonic cannon then they couldn't do that seen with Zoe.

            2.) Easy access for small stuff. Just as Skye and Josh can crawl through the fence to go out, other things could crawl through the fence to come in. I'm surprised that there isn't some sort of tighter blocking mechanism for the lower half of the fence.

            3.) Weeding. Yes, without it the writers wouldn't have had a moment for Jim Shannon to hack at big vines with much amusement had by all...

            I'd say the they would have done more to prevent those kinds of vines from taking such an extensive hold on the fence. Whether they did something when the fence was first put in, which would hinder plant growth in that strip along the fence, or to schedule a regular shift where a group patrolled the entire perimeter looking for growth before it got too large, something should have been done differently. They could even do it as a responsibility of the local area to maintain the fence near their homes.

            Alternatively, they could find a use for those vines in some manufacturing sense...

            regards,
            G.
            Pichlorom or a Grazeon PD (agent white) would keep the fence clear of weeds. I would agree with the points on the fence.

            There should also be a XM307 on those dune buggies instead of what they are using. One shot kills of anything on that planet.
            Last edited by morrismike; October 5, 2011, 03:23 AM.

            Comment


              #21
              The buggies should have a XM307 as the gun on top instead of what they have. This would one shot kill a Trex.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by senilegreen View Post
                One of the things I really didn't like about the story, and I think can be thought of as a great "inconsistency", was the vehicles running on batteries. The problem here is generating the electricity in the first place to charge the batteries. The writers/producers did throw in a few windmills... but as other people have pointed out the windmills are placed in a valley between two high mountains in a region that appears to not be too windy (notice the brief image of the windmills if you view the pilot again.)

                The second issue is with electric vehicles is the capacity of the batteries vs. the weight. Now, you might claim that in 2149 that humans have developed much better batteries than we have now, but if that is a case then why is the environment so screwed up in 2149?

                Thirdly, and this is common with so much of the new colony's design, is that the colony isn't large enough to support the expertise and industry to ever repair and then replace these machines. Are they expecting continual deliveries from the future forever?

                I suppose there will be many sorts of these things in the show, but these kind of internal logical gaps in stories weakens them, I believe.
                I thought they were Solar powered?

                If they are solar powered they would be alot more efficient than what we have now, due to the fact in there original time the sky was pretty much blotted out so they would have had to counter that some how? maybe? Possibly? lol
                Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

                Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

                http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                  Pichlorom or a Grazeon PD (agent white) would keep the fence clear of weeds. I would agree with the points on the fence.

                  There should also be a XM307 on those dune buggies instead of what they are using. One shot kills of anything on that planet.
                  Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                  The buggies should have a XM307 as the gun on top instead of what they have. This would one shot kill a Trex.
                  Not going to happen.

                  Stupid Spielberg has said there will be NO dino killing on Terra Nova but they can kill the humans... He's gone nuts.
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                    Not going to happen.

                    Stupid Spielberg has said there will be NO dino killing on Terra Nova but they can kill the humans... He's gone nuts.
                    If he did, they the animal rights ppl would complain...

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                      Not going to happen.

                      Stupid Spielberg has said there will be NO dino killing on Terra Nova but they can kill the humans... He's gone nuts.
                      I thought he was already there! j/k
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Taylor said in the pilot that when he stepped through his team didn't make it through for 100 days (or something like that) despite being right behind him, so how come Jim comes through right after Shannon? Also the moon thing at the end was nonsense. It has moved, but in the grand scheme of things it's so little you'd never notice.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by KEK View Post
                          Taylor said in the pilot that when he stepped through his team didn't make it through for 100 days (or something like that) despite being right behind him, so how come Jim comes through right after Shannon? Also the moon thing at the end was nonsense. It has moved, but in the grand scheme of things it's so little you'd never notice.
                          The Moon looked a hell of a lot closer to Earth too.... I guess they don't have much ocean there or gravitational effects LOL
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Steam View Post
                            I thought they were Solar powered?

                            If they are solar powered they would be alot more efficient than what we have now, due to the fact in there original time the sky was pretty much blotted out so they would have had to counter that some how? maybe? Possibly? lol
                            If there were solar powered it would require 1000s of square feet of panels on the roof. Irradiance is only about 0.15hp/square foot and solar cells have low efficiency. Assuming those vehicles are 1500 pounds the motors are at least 100 hp (you do the math and don't forget the very low efficiency of solar).

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              Not going to happen.

                              Stupid Spielberg has said there will be NO dino killing on Terra Nova but they can kill the humans... He's gone nuts.
                              I can guarentee those slashers with bodies full of lead crawled off into the brush to die. That is real life ammo in those automatic weapons. Dinos are dieing, trust me.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                                I can guarentee those slashers with bodies full of lead crawled off into the brush to die. That is real life ammo in those automatic weapons. Dinos are dieing, trust me.
                                Huh? I thought the show said all the ammo was non lethal.... Or are the 6ers exempt from that?
                                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X