Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Because that would be logical and ths show isn't about logic
    No its not. The whole point of 2149 is that it is beyond repair and we don't have the resources to fix the future. Then monetary greed comes into play. People are selfish
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      No its not. The whole point of 2149 is that it is beyond repair and we don't have the resources to fix the future. Then monetary greed comes into play. People are selfish
      That is where the Science could have come into play. Think about V and how they came to steal our fresh water, amongst other things, to fix their broken planet. It would have been much more interesting to me if they had tried to have the future steal the full grown trees from the past to create the atmosphere that we would need to survive in 2149. In my mind that has always been the hidden agenda behind this show. Another lecuture about how we are destroying our environment and that we cannot fix it with our intellect and going back to the past to fix it. Instead now, it is all about greed?

The first agenda is ugly but at least it was interesting. Pure greed is an even bigger let down to me.
      Posting at.............
      http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Graybrew1 View Post
        That is where the Science could have come into play. Think about V and how they came to steal our fresh water, amongst other things, to fix their broken planet. It would have been much more interesting to me if they had tried to have the future steal the full grown trees from the past to create the atmosphere that we would need to survive in 2149.
        The trees wouldn't be able to grow because of all the posion gases and I guessing that the soil in 2149 is probably infertile as well.
        Jelgate is right

Comment

The trees wouldn't be able to grow because of all the posion gases and I guessing that the soil in 2149 is probably infertile as well.
          With all the tech they have and the bubbles they created to reproduce the atmosphere of the past, they could gradually get the trees to all survive.
          Posting at.............

Comment

With all the tech they have and the bubbles they created to reproduce the atmosphere of the past, they could gradually get the trees to all survive.
            Random speculation. Thier is nothing to prove especially since the atomsphere is bad wherever you go.
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Random speculation. Thier is nothing to prove especially since the atomsphere is bad wherever you go.
              Were they not using Domes to to train the "best army that money can buy in" to get used to the change in atmosphere? So what if it is random speculation. This is fiction we are still talking about. I am just trying to put more Science into the fiction and less political innuendo.
              Posting at.............

Comment

Finding a prow from a 1700-1800's ship suggest's that there was/is more than 1 rift in time. Perhap's one of these rift's opened up in the Atlantic ocean and could explain the bermuda triangle. If this is the case, there's something i hope they take advantage of, assuming the show get's a second season. That is that the people in terra nova aren't the only group of human's in the past. The survivor's that were aboard that ship and any other that might have come through that rift might still be there.

Just a few thought's.

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                  Finding a prow from a 1700-1800's ship suggest's that there was/is more than 1 rift in time. Perhap's one of these rift's opened up in the Atlantic ocean and could explain the bermuda triangle. If this is the case, there's something i hope they take advantage of, assuming the show get's a second season. That is that the people in terra nova aren't the only group of human's in the past. The survivor's that were aboard that ship and any other that might have come through that rift might still be there.

Just a few thought's.
                  Sorta. Just don't make it Lost with Dinos.
                  That would Stink.
                  Posting at.............

Comment

Were they not using Domes to to train the "best army that money can buy in" to get used to the change in atmosphere? So what if it is random speculation. This is fiction we are still talking about. I am just trying to put more Science into the fiction and less political innuendo.
                    The Dome covered whole cities. I see nothing conclusive that it was just for the army of Lucas. The random speculation gives lack of proof that its even possible to plant trees in 2149. The poor air quality makes it unlikely
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

The Dome covered whole cities. I see nothing conclusive that it was just for the army of Lucas. The random speculation gives lack of proof that its even possible to plant trees in 2149. The poor air quality makes it unlikely
                      Okay, as is your comment. Pure speculation.
                      Once again, I am just hoping for more science in my science fiction/fantasy.
                      Posting at.............

Comment

Okay, as is your comment. Pure speculation.
                        Once again, I am just hoping for more science in my science fiction/fantasy.
                        Not really. We have seen how damanging and lethal the enviroment of 2149 is. If everyone has to wear masks to breath not a lot of nutrients available to grow plants
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Not really. We have seen how damanging and lethal the enviroment of 2149 is. If everyone has to wear masks to breath not a lot of nutrients available to grow plants
                          I just rewatched a couple of eps of TNG where they fixed the planets with Science. I think that would have been a much more interesting way to go than pure greed. That is the point I am trying to make. I will add, that the show is not over and so none of us truly know what the real ending will be yet.
                          Posting at.............

Comment

The discussion of science and what is interesting in the show is so subjective and opionated towards a person in general thier is no basis for a discusion. I think unfortunaly TV in general has shown that the more "thinking" TV shows aren't in high demand especially in sci-fi genre.
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

The discussion of science and what is interesting in the show is so subjective and opionated towards a person in general thier is no basis for a discusion. I think unfortunaly TV in general has shown that the more "thinking" TV shows aren't in high demand especially in sci-fi genre.
                              Well, that statement is also just your opinion.

I agree that hardcore Science fiction does not appear to be the way of the future. It certainly does not mean that us Science Fiction fans cannot talk or debate about the merits of them in our existing shows such us as Terra Nova.

I enjoy doing that here as well as a few other sites that discuss TN. If you are not open to it, that is your loss. I invite all other Scifi fans to continue to do so if they wish.
                              Posting at.............

Comment

I just rewatched a couple of eps of TNG where they fixed the planets with Science. I think that would have been a much more interesting way to go than pure greed. That is the point I am trying to make. I will add, that the show is not over and so none of us truly know what the real ending will be yet.
                                What if thats what they needed the Meteor Material for? They might need it to scrub the Air in their Domes and that is why it is worth so much in the Future. At least I'd imagine that to be the rarest material in such a World. Right?
                                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                                There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Working...
                                X