Terra Nova (Fox) - News/Discussion/Speculation SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Ok...let me see if I can clarify...2149 = Prime Earth, 85m years ago = Alternate Earth. All of the people in Terra Nova are from Prime Earth. Only dinos were on Alternate Earth until the people on Prime Earth jumped through the portal.
    Actually we aren't entirely sure it is alternate earth. Disabling the probe would be step 1 if a neferious plan was in place to rape the past to feed the future. Due to the fact there is a portal to this alternate earth it is very likely that other earths or even earth prime at another time have sent people back. This past earth could be some sort of nexus of reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
      Spoiler:
      Thats a joke right, A mean, it can't be right, too ludicrus. Phoenix Group who? When? How? Did i miss an episode, never heard of them
      It's obvious that Mira doesn't represent the interests of the organization in charge of the program. It would make perfect sense that Merc's are coming thru and they are being ran by a corporate interest.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
        It's obvious that Mira doesn't represent the interests of the organization in charge of the program. It would make perfect sense that Merc's are coming thru and they are being ran by a corporate interest.
        Seems about right to me. A corporate interest with a lot of pull.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
          Actually we aren't entirely sure it is alternate earth. Disabling the probe would be step 1 if a neferious plan was in place to rape the past to feed the future. Due to the fact there is a portal to this alternate earth it is very likely that other earths or even earth prime at another time have sent people back. This past earth could be some sort of nexus of reality.
          I'm just stating what has been said on the show.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            Possibly two deaths to come in the show

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Terra-No...e-1040248.aspx
            Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Mira and I'm unsure of the 2nd
            As much as it'll suck, I suspect that Taylor is going to be one of the (possible two) deaths. He's the one that has everything to lose, and if his main goal is the survival of Terra Nova, then he might just sacrifice himself to save his idea of a future.

Besides, as far as I know, he's the highest paid actor on the show. It would have made sense for them to bring him in to kick-start the first season, then kill him off once they've got the fans (much like they did with Sean Bean in Game of Thrones).

In regards to the Future Earth thing, unless I'm mistaken, the only reason that it is suspected to be an alternate time line is because the people in the future couldn't find the probe that they sent back into the past. Honestly, that doesn't account for anything. A hundred different things could have destroyed that probe; anything from an Earthquake, Volcanic Eruption, Meteorite Impact, Detonation ect ect.

Just because they can't find the probe, doesn't mean it's a different time line. As for whether there is continuity between the past and the present, I'd guess not. We've got to remember that the Terra Nova settlers were sent back 80+ million years, that's more than enough time to develop space travel and leave earth well behind, allowing for humanity to 'evolve' just as it was suppose too.
            sigpic
            It's Probin' Time!

Comment

If Taylor dies then so does most of the audience. Taylor is the best thing about this show. I can see Mira dying to save Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
                As much as it'll suck, I suspect that Taylor is going to be one of the (possible two) deaths. He's the one that has everything to lose, and if his main goal is the survival of Terra Nova, then he might just sacrifice himself to save his idea of a future.

Besides, as far as I know, he's the highest paid actor on the show. It would have made sense for them to bring him in to kick-start the first season, then kill him off once they've got the fans (much like they did with Sean Bean in Game of Thrones).

In regards to the Future Earth thing, unless I'm mistaken, the only reason that it is suspected to be an alternate time line is because the people in the future couldn't find the probe that they sent back into the past. Honestly, that doesn't account for anything. A hundred different things could have destroyed that probe; anything from an Earthquake, Volcanic Eruption, Meteorite Impact, Detonation ect ect.

Just because they can't find the probe, doesn't mean it's a different time line. As for whether there is continuity between the past and the present, I'd guess not. We've got to remember that the Terra Nova settlers were sent back 80+ million years, that's more than enough time to develop space travel and leave earth well behind, allowing for humanity to 'evolve' just as it was suppose too.

Isn't the probe there though. They made a monument out of it in the middle of the colony
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Isn't the probe there though. They made a monument out of it in the middle of the colony
                  It is there, at the moment. It was mentioned in one of the episodes that the people looking for the probe (from the perspective of the future) couldn't find it.

The probe was sent back 80 million years to the past. The idea was, to decipher whether the past and present were of the same time line; if the people in the future detected the presence of the probe they sent back in the future-time, then it would be proof that the time lines were the same. The current theory in the show is that because they can't find the probe in the future (which exists from the past) then it can't be the same time line, when it could have simply been destroyed, thus the reason they cannot find it.

For all we know, that probe / monument will stand tall for another 100, 10,000 or 100,000 years yet. That's still a long way off from 80 million.
                  sigpic
                  It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
                    Would you prefer another actor instead of Sean? His character was killed in the book too so it would be impossible for him to live, so yes since he is killed and wont appear anymore, besides in visions or something it would make sense to have a higher caliber actor for that role since he would not be that expensive. If a side effect it more fans because of it, good.
                    sigpic
                    - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                      If Taylor dies then so does most of the audience. Taylor is the best thing about this show. I can see Mira dying to save Taylor
                      I know I would struggle to keep watching the show if Taylor dies. He's the one decent character on the show. I do like Washington also but we don't see that much of her. As for the Shannon's, I wouldn't have a problem if any of them dies.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                        I know I would struggle to keep watching the show if Taylor dies. He's the one decent character on the show. I do like Washington also but we don't see that much of her. As for the Shannon's, I wouldn't have a problem if any of them dies.
                        What even the hot wife?
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

What even the hot wife?
                          Yep even her. I find the Shannons boring most of the time *shrugs*
                          sigpic

Comment

The last episode was a pretty good one. I really hope this show gets a second season.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              The last episode was a pretty good one. I really hope this show gets a second season.
                              sigpic

Comment

According to SpoilerTV, we will know the fate of Terra Nova by New Year, no spesifics other than that. I for one believe it will at lest get a 2nd and final season as FOX have invested WAY to much into this project to let it die without a fighting chance, over at TVBTN there are still thoes who want it to have a full 22 episode season.

This will NOT HAPPEN for 2 reasons.

1) It had one of the most expensive Pilots that FOX had ever produced.
                                2) From what I know production on each episode takes a while, FXS etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X