Terra Nova (Fox) - News/Discussion/Speculation SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    One mystery though. What was the mysterious box that the mad girl who leads the other group hit in Terra Nova?
    No one tell Coco anything, lets make him watch to the final episode.
    sigpic
    - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
      No one tell Coco anything, lets make him watch to the final episode.
      I agree...lets keep quiet...maybe then it will "grab" him/her....
      sigpic

Comment

I had high hopes for this show. Creating a new civilization, designing the infrastructure, deciding what sort of government works the best in these unusual conditions etc. is really interesting. Instead they chose to make a cheesy drama with (really dumb and simple minded) detective work. This show just screams of fake and generic storytelling.

I even thought that if I took a break and then watch the episodes in a row I might change my mind about it. Today I finished watching this show and I'm really disappointed. How can they invest so much money and hard work and forget about basic storytelling principles baffles me. They completely butchered the idea and sadly may cause others to stay away from it.

With this said, I'm done with Terra Nova. Unless you like cheesy drama mixed with below average action with dumb plot and bad actors, I don't recommend this to anyone.

Sadly, this is not Game of Thrones.

Comment

Originally posted by smooTh__ View Post
          I had high hopes for this show. Creating a new civilization, designing the infrastructure, deciding what sort of government works the best in these unusual conditions etc. is really interesting. Instead they chose to make a cheesy drama with (really dumb and simple minded) detective work. This show just screams of fake and generic storytelling.

I even thought that if I took a break and then watch the episodes in a row I might change my mind about it. Today I finished watching this show and I'm really disappointed. How can they invest so much money and hard work and forget about basic storytelling principles baffles me. They completely butchered the idea and sadly may cause others to stay away from it.

With this said, I'm done with Terra Nova. Unless you like cheesy drama mixed with below average action with dumb plot and bad actors, I don't recommend this to anyone.

Sadly, this is not Game of Thrones.

The very interesting thing is this.

There were TWO versios of the 2 hour pilot episode. One was more action / scifi oriented but TPTB changed their mind and wanted to go down the road of more "family drama" then scifi and they keep saying this when questioned.
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I'd sure like to get my hands on that real pilot...

Comment

Overall, I am enjoying this show thus far. It is entertaining enough to keep me interested.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                I'd sure like to get my hands on that real pilot...
                And surprisingly it wasn't Spielberg who made the show go all soft and "family" it was the suits at Fox

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  Overall, I am enjoying this show thus far. It is entertaining enough to keep me interested.
                  Same here...looks like another good episode is on hand for tonight.
                  sigpic

Comment

Why are there so many "family" moments in this show? They make me cringe...

Like the last episode Awesome Dad had to sing to his daughter to get her to help them out of a jam... The week before she wanted to keep a dinosaur that had just hatched from an egg.. I just want Awesome Dad to be dino chow.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                      And surprisingly it wasn't Spielberg who made the show go all soft and "family" it was the suits at Fox
                      after the SGU debacle networks may be applying a little more oversight prior to release

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                        after the SGU debacle networks may be applying a little more oversight prior to release
                        Which is a good idea

Comment

this show is awful.
                          dinosaurs that look like they came from a 1995 made for TV movie.
                          terrible acting. terribly predictable scripting.

for a show that was supposed to be a such a huge push, it's terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                            this show is awful.
                            dinosaurs that look like they came from a 1995 made for TV movie.
                            terrible acting. terribly predictable scripting.

for a show that was supposed to be a such a huge push, it's terrible.
                            Then don't watch it and move on.
                            sigpic

Comment

So now we know what those writings mean

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                                So now we know what those writings mean
                                Yuppers...you might wanna post in the episode thread.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X