No announcement yet.

Terra Nova (Fox) - News/Discussion/Speculation SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not really the biggest baseball fan. I can't wait for a new episode next week.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I was also hoping for House that night.

I am rather intrigued by Terra Nova. I hope it continues on.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
        I was also hoping for House that night.

I am rather intrigued by Terra Nova. I hope it continues on.
        I'm glad it'll be back this Monday.
        sigpic

Comment

Something seems really off about the Sixers.

Comment

I agree with Flyboy about the need for more dinos, I'm sure as the series progresses it will incorporate more story lines involving them. I think I'd rather have some sturdier fences than wood though...
            sigpic

Comment

I really can't wait for Monday night. I have missed this show.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                I really can't wait for Monday night. I have missed this show.
                sigpic

Comment

For 137 years in the future the technology of Terra Nova isn’t much advanced over ours. Sonic weapons, longer lasting and more powerful power cells and better medical technology seem much closer to 20-30 years than 137. I do understand from a dramatic point of view, why they aren’t. Extremely effective weapons and defensive capabilities would nearly eliminate the threat from the dinosaurs. And without dinosaurs munching on people there wouldn’t be much to base stories on.

The CT extinction event has been brought up several times. It is not due to occur for roughly 18 million years I think a lot of people have trouble wrapping their heads around just how long a few million years is, particularly in relation to Homo Sapiens’ evolution and very short reign on earth. The evolutionary transition from primates to proto human occurred roughly 2.5 million years ago and modern human didn’t appear until about 200,000 years ago. We have only been writing for 5,000 years and in the last hundred, went from horse and buggy to space travel.

Barring a catastrophe early on, a seed colony like Terra Nova with their 2149 level of technology in place could conservatively imo easily rebuild a global civilization within 500 years, maybe far sooner once their industrial base is in place. A 2149 earth would long since have exhausted all their fossil fuels and been forced to developed alternate energy sources. If so, the Terra Nova would likely be in possession of these technologies and may not need extensive fossil fuels to re-industrialize. And with their much higher level of technology and individual education, poverty and over population problems may be avoided.

It would be very interesting to see what type of global society may develop from this scenario. Their descendants with the extreme advantage of excellent education and modern technologies available to everyone, could develop into a Star Trek like society of high personal ethics and desire for advancement among most of the population or they may succumb to our species baser tendencies of short sightedness and greed and quickly find themselves once again back in the overpopulated and polluted near extinction conditions of 2149 that they originally fled from. If we assume very conservatively, 1000 years to globally re-industrialize and repopulate, then 85 million years with all of its natural and possible man made extinction level events yet and likely to occur could easily see the rise and fall of numerous human civilizations; probably far too many to count.
                  Last edited by Blackhole; 03 November 2011, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Is it true that now after episode 4 there will be no more dinos? That can't be right.
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                      Is it true that now after episode 4 there will be no more dinos? That can't be right.
                      It isn't.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        It isn't.
                        OK but I read on various pages they want to have a cut back on dinos and more focus on family dramas?

Comment

Considering a dinosaur was a pretty pivotal plot point in last night's episode--1.06--I'm going to go ahead and say this is nonsense.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            Considering a dinosaur was a pretty pivotal plot point in last night's episode--1.06--I'm going to go ahead and say this is nonsense.
                            True, it'll be like The Walking Dead with out Zombies. Ya simple can't do that.
                            sigpic
                            - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

OK but I read on various pages they want to have a cut back on dinos and more focus on family dramas?
                              How could they cut back if the eps are already filmed?

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                                How could they cut back if the eps are already filmed?
                                I meant as a future direction for their season 2

Comment

Working...
                                X