Good God, Y'All (502)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    I'm seeing that alot of people here already knew the amulet was significant. So what episode before this has dealt with it cos I don't remember? Granted there are a couple I haven't seen from season 4. So if someone could tell me where so I can either catch up or recap it'd be helpful.
    It was more guessing on our part, because the only time it was really mentioned was in A Very Supernatural Christmas where they showed how Sam gave it to Dean as a gift. It's just that he's always wearing it, so we were speculating about its significance, and if it would be divulged this season.

sigpic
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
      It was more guessing on our part, because the only time it was really mentioned was in A Very Supernatural Christmas where they showed how Sam gave it to Dean as a gift. It's just that he's always wearing it, so we were speculating about its significance, and if it would be divulged this season.
      Ah yeah I just went back and saw it. Hmmm. Well in this ep bobby didn't seem to know the signifgance of the amulet. Otherwise when Castiel asked he would have just turned straight to Dean. So clearly it must be a charm in some other way than the God'O'Meter. I've never been able to tell what it is either. I mean from a distance it always looks like some kind of beetle buut close up it looks more like a plucked chicken.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
        I wondered what the deal was when Sam killed those two dudes in the grocery store and they didn't use any sound/visual effects for the demon knife.
        Good catch, I didn't even notice that.

Oh man the ending. But I figured they would go there and split them up, and I think that is only natural that this would happen after what went down last season.
        This was my one quibble with the episode. It is understandable--what a sad scene! But while I really like Castiel, I'm a bit concerned that he and Dean will be paired on adventures and Sam will get pushed slightly to the sideline. Castiel is a main character now, and thus far the vast majority of his screetime has been with Dean, and often with Dean alone. I hope that will change. I can sympathize with your comment about having difficulty in trusting a show 100% after past experiences.

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
        Mount Doom!
        I laughed at that line. Also laughed at Dean's comment, "This isn't the X-Files."

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
        -I almost fell off the treadmill when Castiel looked at Dean for the amulet! One of my fan dreams came true! They explained the meaning of the amulet!! I would have been fine had they not, but still always hoped it had some really cool meaning. And I love how attached Dean is to it, how quickly and loudly he said "No!" Word of warning on the "God storyline", though Eric, Sera, Ben, Jeremy, et al: step carefully. That's all I'm saying for now.
        I think I actually gasped out loud when Castiel glanced at Dean. That was more surprising and unexpected to me than even War being a dude. I also liked how Dean immediately said no, and Castiel's outburst as well. Castiel has had to make tough choices and sacrifices, and it's changed him.

Comment

Episodes like me remind me why I like this show.There really bringing out all the stops and throwing them into Revealations. I only wonder what Horsemen we see next.
          http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

I watched this one again this evening, and it was even better the second time around. So much went on, and so much is being set up for what is to come. I truly believe that this season will be the best yet for this show.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Hey. We got our own episode subforum.

Course they still seem to be leading Sam towards being a leader for Hells side which will be very cool. Just need to have him meeting up with Lucifer.
              I think you are right...or that at least Sam is still vulnerable to being lead in opposition to Dean and I can't say that's not where the writers aren't headed.

Kinda has me torn. On the one hand I love dark/conflicted storylines but on the other, I don't want Sam to be the bad guy and succumb to the ultimate fate that YED believed him destined for. Where as I never saw him as a bad guy last season, this season he is clearheaded and in a better state of mind to make decisions for himself, and I will certainly hold him very responsible for the choices he makes.

Good point. Bobby would be too smart to pass on a talisman without knowing what it actually does. My guess is it was some kind of protection charm, and the God EMF is just a side effect. Also, if I remember correctly, it was meant for John, and Dean only got it because his Dad missed Christmas.
              Imo, I think tptb saw their chance to finally assign something supernatural to Dean's necklace. I don't think they ever had any kind of plan for it until now, which is fine, because in a way they still made it fit logically into the story. It plays into the whole fate aspect of the show...Bobby gave it to Sam to give to John but ended up giving it to Dean who ended up being the one to break the first seal rather than John. I think Bobby just gave it to Sam so he'd have something to give to his father. If he had know it had any actual special power, he'd have given it to John directly.

Now the whole God EMF thing is a little out there for me so I can't say I'm jumping for joy that that is what was decided on, but I'm willing to roll with it because no matter what power it was given it will always first and foremost represent the bond between the brothers and the sentimental value it holds for Dean. I never really cared if had some other part to play beyond that.

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
              This was my one quibble with the episode. It is understandable--what a sad scene! But while I really like Castiel, I'm a bit concerned that he and Dean will be paired on adventures and Sam will get pushed slightly to the sideline. Castiel is a main character now, and thus far the vast majority of his screetime has been with Dean, and often with Dean alone. I hope that will change.
              I do worry about that as well. I like Cas, but I'm not really interested in the Dean and Cas show with some Sam on the side.

I'm hoping they won't do that because I think Sam still has an important part to play on the show and in the mythos. He needs to rediscover himself. For three of the past four seasons he has been fueled by the need for revenge. That's behind him, and he needs to figure out just where he goes from there. Hopefully the brothers will come back together because they choose to and not because they are forced to by circumstances like they originally where...though that may be wishful thinking.

I still think it is important to have them split, but it does have the potential to go wrong.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

I still think it is important to have them split, but it does have the potential to go wrong.
                I don't see it going wrong. In the end, they are brothers, and they will find their way back to each other. I truly believe that.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  I don't see it going wrong. In the end, they are brothers, and they will find their way back to each other. I truly believe that.
                  I think they will too. I meant go wrong in the possibility that the story might focus more heavily on Cas/Dean and Sam takes more of a backseat. I don't think it will, but I can see it being a concern for some people...especially now that MC is full time cast. *tries not to think of S5 of SGA*
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Switch42 View Post
                    Really did not see the twist coming with it being War and all being a hallucination. I thought they'd be saving the Four Horsemen for later this season. Guess not... LOL Which is really great! I mean, it shows that they're not holding anything back. The apocalypse is here and it is ON.
                    I thought it was actually a bit predictable. Not the horseman part, but them all not really being demons. Still was a good episode, and nice to see some familiar faces again.

Hope Sam & Dean get back together pretty quick. Show never worked as well when they were apart imo, even if it was pivotal to the plot.
                    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Ah yeah I just went back and saw it. Hmmm. Well in this ep bobby didn't seem to know the signifgance of the amulet. Otherwise when Castiel asked he would have just turned straight to Dean. So clearly it must be a charm in some other way than the God'O'Meter. I've never been able to tell what it is either. I mean from a distance it always looks like some kind of beetle buut close up it looks more like a plucked chicken.
                      It's the head of some pagan looking deity.

This was my one quibble with the episode. It is understandable--what a sad scene! But while I really like Castiel, I'm a bit concerned that he and Dean will be paired on adventures and Sam will get pushed slightly to the sideline. Castiel is a main character now, and thus far the vast majority of his screetime has been with Dean, and often with Dean alone. I hope that will change. I can sympathize with your comment about having difficulty in trusting a show 100% after past experiences.
                      do worry about that as well. I like Cas, but I'm not really interested in the Dean and Cas show with some Sam on the side.

I'm hoping they won't do that because I think Sam still has an important part to play on the show and in the mythos. He needs to rediscover himself. For three of the past four seasons he has been fueled by the need for revenge. That's behind him, and he needs to figure out just where he goes from there. Hopefully the brothers will come back together because they choose to and not because they are forced to by circumstances like they originally where...though that may be wishful thinking.
                      Kripke said healing the rift between the brothers would be one of the main arcs of the story, so I'm positive that's where we will be heading, and probably sooner rather than later. I think episode 4 will bring them a big step further, when
                      Spoiler:
                      Dean tries to break with Sam, and Zachariah takes him 4 years into the future, showing him that
                      Spoiler:
                      Sam will go totally evil as a result
                      Remember how worried the fans were after the S3 finale, that they waste a good portion of the season trying to bring Dean back from hell? And it happened in the first minute of S4. I have total faith in Kripke to do the right thing. Also, Sam will be featured quite prominently in the next ep, although Dean's gonna be with Cas, so I wouldn't worry about him being relegated to a secondary character. But I agree, I prefer them together too.

I think I actually gasped out loud when Castiel glanced at Dean. That was more surprising and unexpected to me than even War being a dude. I also liked how Dean immediately said no, and Castiel's outburst as well. Castiel has had to make tough choices and sacrifices, and it's changed him.
                      Actually, I gasped out loud when Cas looked at Dean because I knew they would explain the pendant now. And it was so funny how Dean said he felt naked when he took it off, because that's what I imagined he'd feel.

I really like the way they're portraying Cas this year. Following his choices and experience from last season he's become more human, more emotional, but still in his usual detached way.

I think they will too. I meant go wrong in the possibility that the story might focus more heavily on Cas/Dean and Sam takes more of a backseat. I don't think it will, but I can see it being a concern for some people...especially now that MC is full time cast. *tries not to think of S5 of SGA*
                      It galls me sometimes to think what these writers could have done for SGA...

sigpic

Comment

Hey. We got our own episode subforum.

I think you are right...or that at least Sam is still vulnerable to being lead in opposition to Dean and I can't say that's not where the writers aren't headed.

Kinda has me torn. On the one hand I love dark/conflicted storylines but on the other, I don't want Sam to be the bad guy and succumb to the ultimate fate that YED believed him destined for. Where as I never saw him as a bad guy last season, this season he is clearheaded and in a better state of mind to make decisions for himself, and I will certainly hold him very responsible for the choices he makes.
                        See I don't think he's clear headed at all. I mean yeah he's better off when he was having a shot of demon blood everyday but rght now he's craving it still. I mean we saw him in the shop after he killed those two boys and if it wasn't for dean bursting in he probably would have drank some of the blood.......course if he did there's a chance that they would have realised they weren't demons a lot sooner and the whole episode would have wrapped up alot quicker. Granted if he does turn evil that will be his choice, but then again he does still have demon blood in him which affects his mind, and as we've seen with other psychic kids, the more they use their powers then the more warped they become, and sams been in such a dark place for 2 whole seasons now that it's gonna be hard for him to crawl out. Thing is of course that sam has always tried to do what is right, it's just that no matter what he does then he continues to slip. Even now I don't see it as his fault, it's just still the wheels of Azazals plan in motion.

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
                        I thought it was actually a bit predictable. Not the horseman part, but them all not really being demons. Still was a good episode, and nice to see some familiar faces again.

Hope Sam & Dean get back together pretty quick. Show never worked as well when they were apart imo, even if it was pivotal to the plot.
                        Yeah I found it pretty predictable as well. I mean right from the start, those two "demons" we see walking towards Rufus when he called Bobby didn't look all that.......demony. Demons tend to go by a particular set of tactics. They tend to hit and run and stalk their prey. They don't tend to walk straight out in front of gun fire if they can avoid it, even if they are safe inside their meatsuit. And secondly the instant sam knifed those two kids I knew for definate they couldn't be demons. I mean they have always used that effect when using the knife, and a show that seems very particular on details wouldn't just stop using it.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

5.02 Wow, what an ep!

Loved it when Bobby yelled at Cas to get his ass over and heal him already The look of utter disbelief and the brothers barely keeping from cracking up was priceless!! LOL

I sure hope he´s not stuck like that

Seriously though, was kinda annoyed with Dean for giving Cas the mouthoff, especially since he and his brother were reponsible for the mess the world´s in right now (really? was kinda messed up before, too ) but when Cas gave him the "keep your opinions to yourself" speech (and don´t get me wrong, I love Dean) but when Cas did that, he took the words right out of my mouth!
                          Not sure what to make of the whole "GOD" concept

And why exactly did Cas need Dean´s necklace?! Wonder where that will lead...it was cute when Dean went all "big brother" on him though: "Don´t loose it!!"

Ellen rocked
                          Loved her throwing the water in Dean´s face and still not fully trusty until they step over her devil´s trap without getting trapped, then she goes all warm and fuzzy and gives a bearhug, only to punch Dean a good one and tell him to put her on speed dial!

The whole town being "possessed" by hallucination was certainly a twist I didn´t see coming

Poor Sammy, even as a human, having salt poured down the throat?
                          I mean, I like my food salted, but there´s a limit

And so much for "being cured", I knew it couldn´t be that easy to get off, especially after such a long time of being "addicted". I wasn´t so sure if he´d stay off the demon blood...

the end.. well, I hate it when they break up teams, and the brothers are a team to me, even though they both have a history in hunting without the other, but I guess some ramifications were to be expected. I´m curious how this will continue....

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
                          picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

See I don't think he's clear headed at all. I mean yeah he's better off when he was having a shot of demon blood everyday but rght now he's craving it still. I mean we saw him in the shop after he killed those two boys and if it wasn't for dean bursting in he probably would have drank some of the blood.......course if he did there's a chance that they would have realised they weren't demons a lot sooner and the whole episode would have wrapped up alot quicker. Granted if he does turn evil that will be his choice, but then again he does still have demon blood in him which affects his mind, and as we've seen with other psychic kids, the more they use their powers then the more warped they become, and sams been in such a dark place for 2 whole seasons now that it's gonna be hard for him to crawl out. Thing is of course that sam has always tried to do what is right, it's just that no matter what he does then he continues to slip. Even now I don't see it as his fault, it's just still the wheels of Azazals plan in motion.
                            But does he? Ruby said in Lucifer Rising that he 'blew his whole payload on the boss'. I thought that meant he'd burnt up all the demon blood in him. Which might explain his body temp of 150?...

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
                            5.02 Wow, what an ep!

Loved it when Bobby yelled at Cas to get his ass over and heal him already The look of utter disbelief and the brothers barely keeping from cracking up was priceless!! LOL

I sure hope he´s not stuck like that

Seriously though, was kinda annoyed with Dean for giving Cas the mouthoff, especially since he and his brother were reponsible for the mess the world´s in right now (really? was kinda messed up before, too ) but when Cas gave him the "keep your opinions to yourself" speech (and don´t get me wrong, I love Dean) but when Cas did that, he took the words right out of my mouth!
                            Not sure what to make of the whole "GOD" concept

<snipped for length>

the end.. well, I hate it when they break up teams, and the brothers are a team to me, even though they both have a history in hunting without the other, but I guess some ramifications were to be expected. I´m curious how this will continue....
                            Glad to see you found a way to watch this too, SAF!

I just like to see Dean's and Cas' relationship continue the way it was. I know that they've become allies and a lot closer, but from their whole disposition they are so different it's quite clear they'll always rub each other the wrong way. And let's face it, since The Rapture we know what an ordeal it is for the vessel to 'house' an angel, and now that Dean has met the guy I'm sure he's rather uncomfortable with Cas 'possessing' him - consent or not. Especially in this case, where the consent was only given to save his daughter from this fate. So yes, Cas gave up everything, but so did Jimmy.

sigpic

Comment

But does he? Ruby said in Lucifer Rising that he 'blew his whole payload on the boss'. I thought that meant he'd burnt up all the demon blood in him. Which might explain his body temp of 150?...

Glad to see you found a way to watch this too, SAF!

I just like to see Dean's and Cas' relationship continue the way it was. I know that they've become allies and a lot closer, but from their whole disposition they are so different it's quite clear they'll always rub each other the wrong way. And let's face it, since The Rapture we know what an ordeal it is for the vessel to 'house' an angel, and now that Dean has met the guy I'm sure he's rather uncomfortable with Cas 'possessing' him - consent or not. Especially in this case, where the consent was only given to save his daughter from this fate. So yes, Cas gave up everything, but so did Jimmy.
                              Indeed, that gotta be tough. And that´s probably why he wasn´t keen on letting "Michael" nab him, even though he´s a good guy. Well, I guess he is?

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
                              picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Kripke said healing the rift between the brothers would be one of the main arcs of the story, so I'm positive that's where we will be heading, and probably sooner rather than later. I think episode 4 will bring them a big step further, when
                                Spoiler:
                                Dean tries to break with Sam, and Zachariah takes him 4 years into the future, showing him that
                                Spoiler:
                                Sam will go totally evil as a result
                                Interesting. I haven't been reading spoilers as of late.
                                Spoiler:
                                Sooner rather than later is good. I couldn't see it going on for too long...as them together is the heart of the show...but after seeing the preview for next week's ep, it seemed kind of ominous in regard to where Sam was headed...like oh great another woman telling Sam what he wants to hear....

As to that spoiler, I totally distrust Zach and his motivations. So he could just be screwing with Dean as usual.

Remember how worried the fans were after the S3 finale, that they waste a good portion of the season trying to bring Dean back from hell? And it happened in the first minute of S4. I have total faith in Kripke to do the right thing. Also, Sam will be featured quite prominently in the next ep, although Dean's gonna be with Cas, so I wouldn't worry about him being relegated to a secondary character. But I agree, I prefer them together too.
                                Not really as I saw LR before I ever watched Season 2 or 3. I'm too spoiled by being able to watch the first 3 seasons on dvd within the span of two months. Sucked having to wade through repeats in order to see S4.

Agreed. He still has that problem weighing him down just like any recovering addict would, but at least he no longer has Ruby whispering in his ear, and he isn't driven by revenge any longer, imo.

His direction this season will be more of his own choosing, or that's how I see it. Season one was all about finding John and dealing with his anger towards his father as well as getting revenge for Jessica and dealing with his guilt about her death. Season two was still about getting revenge...even more so now that John was dead. Three was all about saving Dean as his driving motivation. Season 4 turned up the revenge factor to eleven. I see that blinding factor as finally having been removed. Granted he still has a lot of stuff to work through, but he has more freedom of choice now to work himself out of that dark hole he helped dig. So if he continues to slide, not sure I can feel as sympathetic towards him...it could certainly be interesting to watch though. But I'll have to wait and see where the season takes us.

He may still have demon blood in him, but it's not controlling him, and it never did, imo. It was the feeling of power that corrupted the other kids as well as Sam. So to put it simply I want free will to ultimately win out over fate, but distinguishing between the two is so damn difficult on this show. The choices they make seem so pointless as they end up leading them to the same predetermined ending. It's like what the hell, why bother trying....which I'd say the characters have to struggle with now more than ever.
                                IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                                X