Supernatural Fanfic and Brainstorming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
    I'm in the same boat. Which is why an RPG is a good thing, like Lilith said.

Yes, if that's the kind of RPG we want to do. In my SGA RPG that I linked to our characters were basically ourselves. We used our GW names and just immersed ourselves in the world of Atlantis.

Seems there might be some interest but...I'm not sure I know how to create one. I'm a follower, not a leader. But, I suppose we could put our collective brains together and suss out a plot. We'd also need a title for it of course. Oh, and there will be no timed writing schedule for it. You can write a piece/part no matter how long or short, when ever you can.

We'd also need a chatter thread for the RPG so that we don't clutter the RPG thread. A place were we can discuss plot points, characters and what we want to have happen to our characters. Also for suggestions. Uhm...oh! For my SGA RPG we had a "Group", but that was because we didn't have a chatter thread.

Spoiler:

The first SGA RPG I was a member of here on GW sort of had a writing shcedule at first and then I think when control was handed over to another member and that member wanted to know when everyone was available to write and who would take which episode (we had episodes back then, I chose ep13 because I wanted to make it a horror ep). We had to report which days we were able to write and such. UGH! I don't remember the specifics but I think we had to come up with the title and plot for our individual episode. It was too much for us so we all parted ways. That's when I joined the RPG I linked to. If you haven't checked it out please do! I'm interested in what you think, if I got Rodney and Carson IC and not OOC. It's okay if you don't though.
    well if eveyone's participating, we can just use this thread as dual purpose..... we also need to decide when the RP will be set... my old one was set in s5 and cannical characters were NPCs... i don't mind taking the helm, i'm an old hat at RPing....
    I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I'd prefer we make up characters because my GW name sucks Unless you use my nickname M but then that sounds like I should be in James Bond

I'll check out the SGA-linked-one later. Gotta make lunch then switch over laundry and dishes and get something planned out for dinner.. lol

Why don't we make a group for the RPG then make a chatter thread for it? Wait, how do groups work?? lol I don't think I've ever truly participated in one

sigpic
      Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
        Yeah, I'd prefer we make up characters because my GW name sucks Unless you use my nickname M but then that sounds like I should be in James Bond

I'll check out the SGA-linked-one later. Gotta make lunch then switch over laundry and dishes and get something planned out for dinner.. lol

Why don't we make a group for the RPG then make a chatter thread for it? Wait, how do groups work?? lol I don't think I've ever truly participated in one
        sorta like a user created sub-forum.... i'm a part of a few groups but i tend to forget to check them for new posts since they don't show up in my control panel
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
          well if eveyone's participating, we can just use this thread as dual purpose..... we also need to decide when the RP will be set... my old one was set in s5 and cannical characters were NPCs... i don't mind taking the helm, i'm an old hat at RPing....
          The helm is yours.
          Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
          LOL! Yes, I want to make up a character too!

No problemo!

Whether we use this tread or start another thread I'm open to either suggestion.
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

Take it away my friend! Take it away!

Honestly?? I think I'd prefer a separate thread for RPG just so, if someone has FF ideas or wants to brainstorm, it doesn't get lost in all the chatter and ideas for the RPG..

sigpic
            Coming January 2017

Comment

okay, done! here's the chatter thread... once we get a story arc decided, i'll edit my opening post with it and a character reference sheet
              sigpic

Comment

okay, done! here's the chatter thread... once we get a story arc decided, i'll edit my opening post with it and a character reference sheet
                This sounds like a lot of fun!
                I'm subscribed.

Comment

Originally posted by Grace View Post
                  This sounds like a lot of fun!
                  I'm subscribed.
                  Me too!
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                    Me too!
                    Me three!

sigpic
                    Coming January 2017

Comment

So, there I am on the treadmill today listening to Kesha when the muse started speaking to me. I hate it when she decides to chat when I can't take notes, like when I'm driving, working out, taking a shower....

Anyway, she wants me to write this fic set in the AU universe of the Titanic episode...am I correct in thinking the boys had an easier load, then? They didn't seem so caught up in the angst, were easier on each other, the edges a little less sharp, yes?

And if that is the case, what could have caused it? Bobby was always an influence in their lives, so it's not just the Bobby connection. Ellen? having a surrogate mother instead of a surrogate father? Would love to hear some input as I bang this one out....frelling muse...
                      sigpic
                      Respect the delicate ecology of your delusions.
                      --Angels in America

Comment

Originally posted by birthsister View Post
                        So, there I am on the treadmill today listening to Kesha when the muse started speaking to me. I hate it when she decides to chat when I can't take notes, like when I'm driving, working out, taking a shower....

Anyway, she wants me to write this fic set in the AU universe of the Titanic episode...am I correct in thinking the boys had an easier load, then? They didn't seem so caught up in the angst, were easier on each other, the edges a little less sharp, yes?

And if that is the case, what could have caused it? Bobby was always an influence in their lives, so it's not just the Bobby connection. Ellen? having a surrogate mother instead of a surrogate father? Would love to hear some input as I bang this one out....frelling muse...
                        I'm jealous! Every time I work out, my muse spaces out with it. lol

They did seem a little lighter in that ep.. I think it was having a surrogate mother to share the load a bit that helped.. They knew they could leave Bobby because he was in good hands with Ellen while they weren't there, leaving them to focus on their job.

sigpic
                        Coming January 2017

Comment

Oooh! Sounds like a great idea!

Maybe they were a little less angsty because they didn't lose as much...with Ellen and Jo and Bobby, it would have been like having a family again.

Comment

Ok, then here's the next question...if the five of them are like a family unit now, would Dean cross the line to have a "friends with benefits" relationship with Jo? I'm thinking this could go either way: really icky, or a natural progression for two people growing up in a dangerous lifestyle with limited opportunities to find a partner who can relate. I'm not saying "exclusive" here, but when they're in the same vicinity and of the same mind, it's not an unusual circumstance. And when they fall into someone else's bed, neither one gets their knickers in a knot over it. Thoughts? (And I'm looking for thoughts on this particular personal dynamic, not one whether Jo and Dean are a viable couple). Thankee
                            sigpic
                            Respect the delicate ecology of your delusions.
                            --Angels in America

Comment

Ok, then here's the next question...if the five of them are like a family unit now, would Dean cross the line to have a "friends with benefits" relationship with Jo? I'm thinking this could go either way: really icky, or a natural progression for two people growing up in a dangerous lifestyle with limited opportunities to find a partner who can relate. I'm not saying "exclusive" here, but when they're in the same vicinity and of the same mind, it's not an unusual circumstance. And when they fall into someone else's bed, neither one gets their knickers in a knot over it. Thoughts? (And I'm looking for thoughts on this particular personal dynamic, not one whether Jo and Dean are a viable couple). Thankee
                              A part of me thinks that Dean wouldn't care and would jump Jo but it would just be sex to him.. (although I LOVED your fic about comparing scars with them!!!!). However, another thought I have is that he would, on some level, find it a bit weird and he would be scared of Ellen finding out. I do like the idea of the two of them together but if they're a surrogate family, it's a bit weird

sigpic
                              Coming January 2017

Comment

Yay!! I finished a chapter for a SPN fic!!!!! Now to write the rest of the story..

sigpic
                                Coming January 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X