No announcement yet.

"Didja ever notice..." Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didja ever wonder why Sam & Dean didn't know that their momma and her family were respected hunters??
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      Didja ever wonder why Sam & Dean didn't know that their momma and her family were respected hunters??
      You know what, that reminds me of something. In The Kids are Alright at the end Sam finds out that all of his mother's relatives and friends were killed by the YED. I thought it had never been explained on the show, but maybe it was just for that - so John and her sons wouldn't find out they came from a family of hunters. Although - that doesn't make any sense, because the YED killed Jess so Sam would continue to hunt, to stay sharp and ready for his destiny. As for Samuel and Deanna having a reputation with other hunters, remember that Samuel told Dean he didn't work with other hunters. So maybe they were doing their own thing. In those days - without e-mail, internet or mobile phones - I'm sure it wasn't as easy for hunters to stay in touch.

sigpic
      Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

John definitely didn't know they were hunters when they were married. I don't think they really knew anything about her family. They say in Bloodlust that her headstone was put there by an uncle they never met.

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
        Didja notice in Mystery Spot that when Dean is gargling in the bathroom for the first time with Sam watching him...even though Jared has his face away from the camera there is just enough of the side of his face showing to see that he is grinning at Jensen.
        I tried to find it, I guess I can kinda see it a little bit, but it is pretty darn subtle!

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
        Didja notice in Folsam Prison Blues that in the scene in the courtyard when Dean gets up, hands full of cigarettes, going 'Hey fellas - who's ready to deal?' you can just see Jared in the foreground mouthing along with the words?
        Another subtle one. I would NEVER have noticed this one on my own, because they cut away from Jared pretty quickly. Good catch!

Didja ever notice (I am sure everyone does on this one, because it is VERY visible) that when the boys watch Bela drive away at the end of BDABR, Jared totally busts up laughing and has to turn away? BUT, didja know that in a con interview, Jared explains that 1) the reason he did so was because Jensen ad libbed that "Son of a b****!", so he didn't know it was coming and 2) the reason he still tried to save the scene (and presumably the reason it was left in) was that it was the tail-end of a long one-er (a long, involved scene done in one take) and he knew they would have to start the whole thing all over again if he ruined the scene, which would have made a lot of people unhappy.

Comment

You know what, that reminds me of something. In The Kids are Alright at the end Sam finds out that all of his mother's relatives and friends were killed by the YED. I thought it had never been explained on the show, but maybe it was just for that - so John and her sons wouldn't find out they came from a family of hunters. Although - that doesn't make any sense, because the YED killed Jess so Sam would continue to hunt, to stay sharp and ready for his destiny. As for Samuel and Deanna having a reputation with other hunters, remember that Samuel told Dean he didn't work with other hunters. So maybe they were doing their own thing. In those days - without e-mail, internet or mobile phones - I'm sure it wasn't as easy for hunters to stay in touch.
          True...But why would Ma & Pa Winchester hide the fact they were hunters from Dean? Because up until the episode where the time travel happened and Dean met John in the past...there was never any mention of Mom being a hunter. Don't get me wrong...I love the twist...but it makes you wonder why they created this continuity hole...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
            Didja ever notice (I am sure everyone does on this one, because it is VERY visible) that when the boys watch Bela drive away at the end of BDABR, Jared totally busts up laughing and has to turn away? BUT, didja know that in a con interview, Jared explains that 1) the reason he did so was because Jensen ad libbed that "Son of a b****!", so he didn't know it was coming and 2) the reason he still tried to save the scene (and presumably the reason it was left in) was that it was the tail-end of a long one-er (a long, involved scene done in one take) and he knew they would have to start the whole thing all over again if he ruined the scene, which would have made a lot of people unhappy.
            Nice BTS info on that one. And just another example of just how much ad-libbing is going on in this show. And good for Jared to be react so professionally and save the scene. Not sure if I've said this here before (and no time to look back if I have) but -

Didja know that both the reference to Gilmore Girls in Hollywood Babylon and to House of Wax in Fallen Idols were ad-libs? That came out at the con in Barcelona a few weeks ago.

True...But why would Ma & Pa Winchester hide the fact they were hunters from Dean? Because up until the episode where the time travel happened and Dean met John in the past...there was never any mention of Mom being a hunter. Don't get me wrong...I love the twist...but it makes you wonder why they created this continuity hole...
            You've lost me - Ma and Pa Winchester? Are you referring to John and Mary? Mary didn't want to have anything to do with hunting, so she never told John about it. And when (S5 spoiler)
            Spoiler:
            he found out in The Song Remains the Same Michael wiped his memories.
            So of course the boys wouldn't know, because Mary wanted to bury the past and John had no idea.

sigpic

Comment

Who? Me? All right, I accept!
              Make sure you let us know how you get on..

I tried to find it, I guess I can kinda see it a little bit, but it is pretty darn subtle!
              Well..I was capping that scene and doing a frame by frame...somehow it's easier to notice these things then...or maybe it's that I pay far to much attention to Jared's face. Now that could be embarrassing if I wasn't saying it to you lot...

Nice BTS info on that one. And just another example of just how much ad-libbing is going on in this show. And good for Jared to be react so professionally and save the scene. Not sure if I've said this here before (and no time to look back if I have) but -

Didja know that both the reference to Gilmore Girls in Hollywood Babylon and to House of Wax in Fallen Idols were ad-libs? That came out at the con in Barcelona a few weeks ago.
              I read that as well...and also Jared said that he wondered if any of the fans would notice!!! If only he knew...
              sigpic

Comment

Didja notice that in The Usual Suspects, while Diana's typing skills are questionable up to that point, if you watch her hands when the computer starts going Dana Shulps crazy, she DOES use the correct 'Ctrl-Alt-Del' key combination to try and 'end task'!

Comment

-Didja ever notice towards the end of Nightshifter, Dean is leaning over the shapeshifter, Sam is right next to him, they both look up at a noise, the shapeshifter comes up from the floor to attack Dean, they struggle loudly for a good 5 seconds....but Sam doesn't even NOTICE, until the real Sherry yells?! Way to have your brother's back, Sam!! Sheesh.

-Total fangirl catch: Didja ever notice how vividly Jensen's freckles stand out in the interrogation rooms scenes of Usual Suspects?

Comment

-Didja ever notice towards the end of Nightshifter, Dean is leaning over the shapeshifter, Sam is right next to him, they both look up at a noise, the shapeshifter comes up from the floor to attack Dean, they struggle loudly for a good 5 seconds....but Sam doesn't even NOTICE, until the real Sherry yells?! Way to have your brother's back, Sam!! Sheesh.

-Total fangirl catch: Didja ever notice how vividly Jensen's freckles stand out in the interrogation rooms scenes of Usual Suspects?
                    Yes, I did - and I have the cap to prove it.

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

There were SO many in-jokes in Hollywood Babylon, but this one took me a couple viewings to catch.

Didja notice that Sam does a double-take in the lot when two guys go by pushing a rack of clothes....and on that rack are about 10 of Sam's shirts and 10 of Dean's leather jackets?

Comment

Didja ever notice in Hell House the original Ghost facers last names are Spangler and Zeddemore in reference to Ghost Busters? And how when they're trying to sneak past the cops Dean yells "Who you gonna call?"
                          Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

Didja notice that John says Meg is a demon or a human possessed by a demon. Have we met any demons that WEREN'T possessing a human?
                            YES! I've been wondering about this for a while now. I want to say it's part 1 of the season 2 finale. I'm almost positive. Need to do a rewatch though.

Any way one of the 'special' kids wipes a line through the salt barrier by the window and a child demon smokes in and takes human form. And they call it by a specific name. But my take was that it was not possesing a human, it was just assuming a human form.
                            Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by eviladam View Post
                              YES! I've been wondering about this for a while now. I want to say it's part 1 of the season 2 finale. I'm almost positive. Need to do a rewatch though.

Any way one of the 'special' kids wipes a line through the salt barrier by the window and a child demon smokes in and takes human form. And they call it by a specific name. But my take was that it was not possesing a human, it was just assuming a human form.
                              I know what you're talking about...and if SPN is following what demonologists say about demons...they take the form of children, animals, or possess people.
                              sigpic

Comment

What about the Daeva demons in Shadow....they're the only ones I can think of off hand. And does the Anti-Christ boy count? He's part demon has demonic powers and isn't possessing anyone...although maybe he's a bit of a special case.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X