Jared Padalecki Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JessM View Post
    I just rewatched that episode again last night... And if I'm remembering correctly, when Meg first comes in and Sam backs away from her with Bobby, he sort of gets in front of Bobby as if he's shielding him or being protective. At least that's what it seemed like to me. *grin* So cute
    Indeed, that was what I thought too. Little Sammy protecting a seasoned hunter like Bobby, very nice trait.
    I love how he's almost like a surrogate father for Sam and Dean. I think Dean even said in Dream a Little Dream of Me
    Spoiler:
    that Bobby was like a father to him.
    Yes, Dean said that in 'Dream a Little Dream of Me'. But I think it became quite obvious beforehand in episodes like 'Born Under a bad Sign' and 'All Hell Breaks Loose' or 'Tall Tales'. When Sam and Dean were bickering about the laptop and the Impala while Bobby told them what they were after, they instantly quieted when he raised his hand and told them to shut up. They respect him and his authority. I don't think they would have reacted in the same way if they didn't feel for Bobby like a surrogate father figure.
    I loved how innocent he was acting after Dean came into the diner... that he was ordering pizza. lol (and Dean's "weirdy McWeirderton" comment)
    Hilarious scene. If Dean hadn't known his brother, I guess he would have thought him nuts and ordered a straightjacket.

Cute pic you posted, BTW.

Oh, and I watched a bit of 'House of Wax' the other day. It was on TV on Sunday night. I really didn't feel like watching the film since such horror flicks aren't really my cup of tea, but I wanted to see what Jared Padalecki looked like in it, so I fastforwarded the movie and only took a look at one or the other scene he was in.
    Spoiler:
    What a depressing fate of his character... *sheds a tear* ...not that it came as a surprise. I'm well aware of realism being completely out of place for this kind of movie but some things really jumped into my face.
    Spoiler:
    How do they want to explain that he didn't suffocate immediately when he was poured over with wax? They really can't tell me he was able to breathe through that shower. And at the end when the house burnt down, I kept wondering why he didn't attempt to escape once the wax began to melt. If he had stood a chance of getting outside in time, is a whole other question but he sure would have tried. And his injury was nasty but certainly mortal. I really think he could have made it, even with his injured foot. (Feel free to correct me if I just missed something while fastforwarding.)
    BTW, considering how much I like JP unshaven, I took sick pleasure at what they did with his beard. And I laughed at reading at imdb that his female co-star felt she was too small next to him. lol

Getting back to thunking now.

Spoiler:
    Happy belated Easter!
    It's really a good thing that we had coloured eggs, the white ones would have gotten lost in the snow.

I know that was a mean pic considering 'House of Wax'.

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
    sigpic

Comment

Today I rewatched 'Playthings'. It's always a treat to see Sam's face when Dean tells Susan (the mother) that his brother also has an extensive doll collection and that he loves to dress those dolls. I bet Sammy would have impaled Dean without blinking an eye had he had a stake handy. I really have the impression that Dean never tires of teasing his little brother in the most embarrassing ways, especially when it's something Dean doesn't want to do either.

I also adore the scene with Sam's hangover, when Sammy tells Dean that he hates him and Dean replies, "I know you do." Those words hold so much affection!

And even though Maggie's spirit was really mean, I liked that they didn't waste her, probably mostly because they thought she was already gone. In my opinion Maggie wasn't really mean at heart, she was just a frustrated child that didn't get what it wanted, namely not being left alone and the building destroyed. I was a fan of Grandma Rose finally joining her long-dead sister. I think both found peace being together again and having someone to play with.

You'll never guess from which episode these caps are...

Spoiler:

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
      sigpic

Comment

Oh, consider yourselves lucky, for you are in for a real treat. I've watched 'Tall Tales' tonight. I honestly could laugh myself silly whenever I see that ep. The bickering between the brothers cracks me up every time. They are so irresistible when they thell the events from their different perspectives, not leaving one good hair on the other. I can only imagine how much Bobby laughed inside at seeing the boys like that. I bet he never regretted going all the way to help them out. He would have missed on the show of his life...

Of course I went snurch-happy, and you will be on the receiving end of my addiction.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

I'm pretty sure you don't mind this 'Tall Tales' capping frenzy coming in two parts because of the amout of pics...

Here we go...

Spoiler:

Perfect reminder of that one look from 'Home'. JP get me every time with his puppy look!

*feels a bit lonely in here* At least I'm quite positive that you're still lurking somewhere, and my posting isn't just lost on you.
          sigpic

Comment

i've been using some pics for drawing and was making them in to B and White... i kind of liked the result of making some of my fav pics black and white

gave them an interesting look... though i would share them

Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
            ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
            Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
              I'm pretty sure you don't mind this 'Tall Tales' capping frenzy coming in two parts because of the amout of pics...

Here we go...

*feels a bit lonely in here* At least I'm quite positive that you're still lurking somewhere, and my posting isn't just lost on you.
              How. Cute. Is. That?! Love it! Thx for posting!
              sigpic

Comment

GAH... I have so much catching up to do here please bear with me, guys.

Indeed, that was what I thought too. Little Sammy protecting a seasoned hunter like Bobby, very nice trait.
                It was - I loved that

Yes, Dean said that in 'Dream a Little Dream of Me'. But I think it became quite obvious beforehand in episodes like 'Born Under a bad Sign' and 'All Hell Breaks Loose' or 'Tall Tales'. When Sam and Dean were bickering about the laptop and the Impala while Bobby told them what they were after, they instantly quieted when he raised his hand and told them to shut up. They respect him and his authority. I don't think they would have reacted in the same way if they didn't feel for Bobby like a surrogate father figure.
                Oh, definitely. I was just mentioning that Dean had only *said* it in "Dream a Little Dream of Me" but the signs are definitely there that they viewed him as a father figure before that. I think even in Devil's Trap after Meg had killed two of the hunters and was after more, they high-tailed it to Bobby's place.

[FONT="Century Gothic"]Hilarious scene. If Dean hadn't known his brother, I guess he would have thought him nuts and ordered a straightjacket.

Cute pic you posted, BTW.
                Yeah, and I loved that almost dorky grin on Sam's face when he was feeding Dean that excuse. Hee.

Thanks!

Oh, and I watched a bit of 'House of Wax' the other day. It was on TV on Sunday night. I really didn't feel like watching the film since such horror flicks aren't really my cup of tea, but I wanted to see what Jared Padalecki looked like in it, so I fastforwarded the movie and only took a look at one or the other scene he was in.
                Spoiler:
                What a depressing fate of his character... *sheds a tear* ...not that it came as a surprise. I'm well aware of realism being completely out of place for this kind of movie but some things really jumped into my face.
                Spoiler:
                How do they want to explain that he didn't suffocate immediately when he was poured over with wax? They really can't tell me he was able to breathe through that shower. And at the end when the house burnt down, I kept wondering why he didn't attempt to escape once the wax began to melt. If he had stood a chance of getting outside in time, is a whole other question but he sure would have tried. And his injury was nasty but certainly mortal. I really think he could have made it, even with his injured foot. (Feel free to correct me if I just missed something while fastforwarding.)
                BTW, considering how much I like JP unshaven, I took sick pleasure at what they did with his beard. And I laughed at reading at imdb that his female co-star felt she was too small next to him. lol

Getting back to thunking now.
                Wow... I really don't have much to add except that I agree w/you. I wasn't happy with his character's fate in that one.

I guess you guys know that he's going to be starring in a "remake" of Friday the 13th? From what I hear he will be filming it after this season of Supernatural wraps and it's due for release in February of next year. He's got the lead role.

I'll be back to catch up a bit more later

Comment

I don't like the funny episodes very much..
                  the only one i liked was the rabbits foot one.. i prefer the serious stuff with a side of snark
                  Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

GAH... I have so much catching up to do here please bear with me, guys.

Wow... I really don't have much to add except that I agree w/you. I wasn't happy with his character's fate in that one.
                    So good to see you back here, JessM!

Regarding his character's fate in 'House of Wax', () I really expected no less. But what bugged me most about the movie was that it felt stupid even at 32 times the original speed, and that's saying something. I can't say I regretted being done with it in less than 20 minutes. I really can't imagine suffering through the whole film.

I guess you guys know that he's going to be starring in a "remake" of Friday the 13th? From what I hear he will be filming it after this season of Supernatural wraps and it's due for release in February of next year. He's got the lead role.
                    Yes, I've heard rumor about it, even though I don't know if it's already confirmed. After reading he got the lead role, I was hoping for him actually being the baddie but from what I've heard he's supposed to play the investigator. Not that this hindered Cary Elwes...
                    Spoiler:
                    since he played the cop in 'Kiss the Girls' and still was the killer they were after.
                    I think I would have liked for him to play an unconventional role regarding his innocent looks.

The only minor thing I'm concerned about is that having done so many horror shows, he's bound to be typecast with that sort of thing. I just hope 'Thomas Kinkade's Home for Christmas' will show him in a different light because acting-wise he's certainly above cheap flicks like 'House of Wax'.

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                    I don't like the funny episodes very much..
                    the only one i liked was the rabbits foot one.. i prefer the serious stuff with a side of snark
                    'Tall Tales' isn't one of my favourite eps by a long shot but it definitely provides a very good laugh every time I need one. What really does it for me is how much the events told from different points of view reveal about the actual narrator.

One of my personal favourites is when Dean discloses that a lot of things Sam says are filed under 'blah blah'. It's not a surprise but still funny on end to see that acted out with Sammy really saying "blah blah". Or that he accuses Sam of being so pansy and hugging that dorm mate of Curtis. Of course the kid didn't full-on embrace the guy but it shows how much Dean views his little brother as overly sentimental and chick-flicky.

Then, when Dean interrupts Sam to tell him the girl from the bar at the beginning wasn't called Starlet. I would have kept my mouth shut and let it slip if I hadn't known her REAL name to counter Sam's story.

But the best thing was certainly when the brothers fought over the money on the bed. Even at the risk of embarrassing myself here; that's so much my twin and me. Quarrelling and sparring over anything trivial is so much fun!

BTW, I clearly like your b/w pics, Paris! To my mind Sammy's puppy dog eyes are even more expressive this way.

I totally need to repost some of the earlier pics in this thread.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

glad you liked the pics

here is another just cause

Spoiler:

Comment

Today I rewatched 'Playthings'. It's always a treat to see Sam's face when Dean tells Susan (the mother) that his brother also has an extensive doll collection and that he loves to dress those dolls. I bet Sammy would have impaled Dean without blinking an eye had he had a stake handy. I really have the impression that Dean never tires of teasing his little brother in the most embarrassing ways, especially when it's something Dean doesn't want to do either.

I also adore the scene with Sam's hangover, when Sammy tells Dean that he hates him and Dean replies, "I know you do." Those words hold so much affection!

And even though Maggie's spirit was really mean, I liked that they didn't waste her, probably mostly because they thought she was already gone. In my opinion Maggie wasn't really mean at heart, she was just a frustrated child that didn't get what it wanted, namely not being left alone and the building destroyed. I was a fan of Grandma Rose finally joining her long-dead sister. I think both found peace being together again and having someone to play with.

You'll never guess from which episode these caps are...
                        This ep has a special place in my heart because it's the first SPN ep I've ever watched. Plus I just liked the premise of the old hotel and all it housed. The first time I watched it I didn't even realize that Maggie was a spirit, not till Susan told them that she only has one daughter.

The thing I thought was funny was when she asked them if they were doing antiquing, then asked if they wanted a room with only 1 bed. Then Dean asked Sam why people are assuming they're...er... a couple. And Sam with his "you are kinda butch - they probably think you're overcompensating." Then of course that scene where Dean tells her that Sam likes to play with dolls, dress them up... I loved Sam's b!tchface and "big time" reply, lol.

I loved the hangover scene too. As for Drunk!Sammy, even though he made me laugh a little with the whole "You're bossy...and short" line, I still felt bad for him, how upset the deaths seemed to make him and think about what he may become, and the way he wanted Dean to promise him that he'd kill him.

I think they both (Maggie and Grandma Rose) found peace too, and I liked how Rose pretty much sacrificed herself, calling to Maggie when she was trying to drown Tyler in the pool and offering to stay with her so that her granddaughter could live.

Oh, consider yourselves lucky, for you are in for a real treat. I've watched 'Tall Tales' tonight. I honestly could laugh myself silly whenever I see that ep. The bickering between the brothers cracks me up every time. They are so irresistible when they thell the events from their different perspectives, not leaving one good hair on the other. I can only imagine how much Bobby laughed inside at seeing the boys like that. I bet he never regretted going all the way to help them out. He would have missed on the show of his life...

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...ilies/hehe.gif

Of course I went snurch-happy, and you will be on the receiving end of my addiction.

Here we go...

Perfect reminder of that one look from 'Home'. JP get me every time with his puppy look!
                        http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...allTales16.jpg[/CENTER][/SPOILERS]
                        Awww Sorry I haven't been around past few days... I've been insanely busy! I didn't get to post but I was lurking and enjoying the pics! I know it's one of the more "funny" episodes, but I love Tall Tales. Both boys cracked me up with their differing versions of the events. I bet Bobby was pretty amused about it inside. Love the way he said to them "You're bickering like an old married couple." (followed of course by Dean's "No, see, married couples can get divorced. Me and him, we're like siamese twins" and Sam's "that's CONJOINED twins!" ) And then at the very end when they're trying to apologize he says "You guys are breaking my heart, can we just go?" Heh.

The puppy look kills me too... it leaves me weak-kneed. *sigh* How does he do it??

Comment

So good to see you back here, JessM!

Aw thanks, Twinny! Glad to be back!

Regarding his character's fate in 'House of Wax', (http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...ies/candle.gif) I really expected no less. But what bugged me most about the movie was that it felt stupid even at 32 times the original speed, and that's saying something. I can't say I regretted being done with it in less than 20 minutes. I really can't imagine suffering through the whole film. http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...ilies/17-2.gif
                          Oh, I was expecting it too, but I still felt bad about it I agree though, I wasn't too impressed with it (and the fact that I really do not like Paris Hilton doesn't help either). I'm not really into that type of movie anyway - I have to admit I watched it just to see him in it.

Yes, I've heard rumor about it, even though I don't know if it's already confirmed. After reading he got the lead role, I was hoping for him actually being the baddie but from what I've heard he's supposed to play the investigator. Not that this hindered Cary Elwes...
                          Spoiler:
                          since he played the cop in 'Kiss the Girls' and still was the killer they were after.
                          I think I would have liked for him to play an unconventional role regarding his innocent looks.

The only minor thing I'm concerned about is that having done so many horror shows, he's bound to be typecast with that sort of thing. I just hope 'Thomas Kinkade's Home for Christmas' will show him in a different light because acting-wise he's certainly above cheap flicks like 'House of Wax'.
                          I thought it was a rumor at first too, but I read somewhere that it's been confirmed. I can't remember where... I think they might have mentioned it at the con this weekend, too. It would've been cool to see him actually play a baddie. Still I'm curious about this movie...
                          Spoiler:
                          From what I hear his character is named Clay and is supposed to be very good looking... gee, imagine that

Yeah, that worries me a little too. Hopefully it won't happen, and that "Home for Christmas" will show him in a different light. I was reading reports from the con and he was asked what other movies he'd like to do. I can't remember all of them but I think he said he'd like to do a drama, maybe a war movie, and a western (and when Jensen was asked the same question he also said a western, and that Jared stole the idea from him, lol).

Speaking of the convention, here are links to some pics of the boys from it:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...lum/?start=all

http://growyourwings.livejournal.com/37616.html

Looks like they did cut his hair, but only a bit so that he looks like he did in the last episode. So not bad at all.

'Tall Tales' isn't one of my favourite eps by a long shot but it definitely provides a very good laugh every time I need one. What really does it for me is how much the events told from different points of view reveal about the actual narrator.

One of my personal favourites is when Dean discloses that a lot of things Sam says are filed under 'blah blah'. It's not a surprise but still funny on end to see that acted out with Sammy really saying "blah blah". Or that he accuses Sam of being so pansy and hugging that dorm mate of Curtis. Of course the kid didn't full-on embrace the guy but it shows how much Dean views his little brother as overly sentimental and chick-flicky.

Then, when Dean interrupts Sam to tell him the girl from the bar at the beginning wasn't called Starlet. I would have kept my mouth shut and let it slip if I hadn't known her REAL name to counter Sam's story.

But the best thing was certainly when the brothers fought over the money on the bed. Even at the risk of embarrassing myself here; that's so much my twin and me. Quarrelling and sparring over anything trivial is so much fun!

BTW, I clearly like your b/w pics, Paris! To my mind Sammy's puppy dog eyes are even more expressive this way.

I totally need to repost some of the earlier pics in this thread.
                          Yeah, it's not in my list of favorites either but I still have a soft place in my heart for it, mainly for the reasons you mentioned. The way their versions are of the events shows so well how they view each other.

Love the pics, of course Oh and I love your pics too, Paris! Thanks for sharing!!

Comment

I was just mentioning that Dean had only *said* it in "Dream a Little Dream of Me" but the signs are definitely there that they viewed him as a father figure before that. I think even in Devil's Trap after Meg had killed two of the hunters and was after more, they high-tailed it to Bobby's place.
                            I have to disagree with you there, JessM. In 'Devil's Trap' I rather had the impression that the boys headed to Bobby's because they knew he could help, not because they were afraid Meg was after Bobby too. Since Bobby was a demon expert and they were in desperate need for help regarding beating Meg and getting back their father, it was the logical choice for them to head to the Bobby's junkyard.

I do agree, however, that the three of them (Jared, Jensen and Jim) kicked it off right away chemistry-wise. It was obvious from the get-go that Bobby was very fond of the boys and used to be a friend and ally for their dad.

Then of course that scene where Dean tells her that Sam likes to play with dolls, dress them up... I loved Sam's b!tchface and "big time" reply, lol.
                            ROFLMAO!
                            I loved the hangover scene too. As for Drunk!Sammy, even though he made me laugh a little with the whole "You're bossy...and short" line, I still felt bad for him, how upset the deaths seemed to make him and think about what he may become, and the way he wanted Dean to promise him that he'd kill him.
                            So true. My heart also ached for how much Sam is afraid of not being able to prevent what was in store for him. Worst of all though is my impression that the danger of what he might become doesn't really lie within his own power but rather to what he is pushed by others and through tough circumstances. I mean, how long will he take all the sh!t from people like Gordon and his goons before he starts actively defending himself before anyone has the chance to hurt him?

And I don't even want to go into detail about the despair he must feel about Dean's crossroads deal. In 'Playthings' Dean promised he wouldn't be dying because of Sam, wouldn't leave him behind. Now we all know how close Dean is to sticking to this promise. As it is,
                            Spoiler:
                            "bleeding-heart Sammy" is at the verge of losing his brother, the last of his entire family, going to Hell for eternity, because of him no less, he's forced into a demon war that he doesn't even want to fight since he craves nothing more than a sense of normalcy, which, after having gotten to know the YED's plans for him, is seemingly forever out of his reach, there's a bunch of demons who are trying to chase him down to "rightfully" put him onto the throne like ol' Yellow Eyes intended for him, and the rest is trying to sadistically get rid of him because they view him as a threat to their own regal ambitions. And after Dean is gone, he stands against the dark forces all alone, with no one to watch his back or reassure him that he isn't the monster demons and hunters alike see him as. If that isn't screwed to hell, I don't know what is. And there are people who keep wondering why Sam has changed so much over the course of the last couple of months...

I know it's one of the more "funny" episodes, but I love Tall Tales. Both boys cracked me up with their differing versions of the events. I bet Bobby was pretty amused about it inside.
                            <snip...>
                            And then at the very end when they're trying to apologize he says "You guys are breaking my heart, can we just go?" Heh.
                            That's such a classic Bobby scene! Simply loved how Sammy and Dean tenderly apologized to each other over the rooftop of the Impala and then Bobby interrupting in his usual ruff demenour that they really should beat it instead of dragging out the chick flick moment right in front of the crime scene.
                            The puppy look kills me too... it leaves me weak-kneed. *sigh* How does he do it??
                            I have totally no idea what you are referring to...
                            Yes, I've heard rumor about it, even though I don't know if it's already confirmed.
                            I thought it was a rumor at first too, but I read somewhere that it's been confirmed. I can't remember where... I think they might have mentioned it at the con this weekend, too.
                            Oh, I didn't doubt it at all. I just had heard that they were still in negociations about him taking the lead role, so I wasn't sure whether it was confirmed that the deal was already set in stone. I had read about it at imdb, which is really quite reliable regarding such things. And now that Jared Padalecki had to cancel Asylum convention in the UK due to scheduling conflicts with shooting the movie, I guess all doubt is removed.
                            Yeah, that worries me a little too. Hopefully it won't happen, and that "Home for Christmas" will show him in a different light.
                            Well, according to an interview with his fiancee, JP seems to like doing exactly that kind of movies. Since she scared easy, she whined about him enjoying to drag her along and watch the films at the premiers. (tsk, tsk, tsk, what a naughty trait...)
                            Speaking of the convention, here are links to some pics of the boys from it:
                            Looks like they did cut his hair, but only a bit so that he looks like he did in the last episode. So not bad at all.
                            Yes, thanks for the links, I was dying to have a look at some convention pics. And I too am contented with his hair. But to be honest, anything else would have surprised me. IF they are ever going to cut his hair short for whatever reason, they certainly won't have JP come back after a hiatus with that new haircut.

Apropos LA convention, did you see pics and vids from Jensen Ackles' Sam impersonation on stage? What a great impression of his on-stage brother he gives. The faces and hunched-over shoulders are too close to home! Seems like Jared Padalecki also got a good laugh out of his co-star's take on his mannerisms.

Here you can find a few great pics from that.

And this is the link to one of the vids (from a great perspective).

Now that this post has taken on gigantic proportions in itself, I'll throw in the pic spam with the next two posts.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just like I promised, here comes the massive pic spam in two parts.

This night I was just too much enjoying 'Houses of the Holy' to let you off the hook of my snurching frenzy I broke into once I had finished watching. Sammy made so many cute faces in that ep, I just couldn't resist, they always make me want to melt with bliss.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Last but certainly not least, the final batch of 'Houses of the Holy' caps.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X