Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love jared's piggie tales

Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis View Post
      I like the jacket, too. Looks a bit like one from Atlantis
      Indeed, now that you mention it, THAT'S what struck me most about the jacket.
      Originally posted by JessM View Post
      I love all these unseen promo pics that are coming out... here are a few from S3...

I never get tired of those "towel" pics from Hell House *grin* Just watched that one on DVD last night, actually. It's one of my fave eps.
      Thank you for the new icon and the other promo shots. I especially like the first one from 'Magnificent Seven'. And don't think we're gonna stop you from making more art.

'Hell House' is fine and very funny but it's not among my favourite episodes. Still, I could laugh myself silly on lines like, "Look at that, action figures in their original packaging." (one of my all-time-favourites of Dean), or his "That's why you never get laid." when Sammy knew about the dates for the different symbols. The itching powder was really nasty, and Sam's payback with the glue was well-deserved. I so loved his explanation for Santa never coming, "Because you're a bad person, Dean." There was so much affection in that statement.

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
      i love jared's piggie tales
      Paris! I wanted to green you back but obviously GW had other ideas... Story of my life.

To make it up to you, all of you, here is the next pic spam.

Spoiler:

And when I see these, I always tear up *sobs in solitude*

I really can't tell you how much I LOVE the hug! How do you spell a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e
      twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Those piggie tails are something else, aren't they, parisindy?

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
          Thank you for the new icon and the other promo shots. I especially like the first one from 'Magnificent Seven'. And don't think we're gonna stop you from making more art.

'Hell House' is fine and very funny but it's not among my favourite episodes. Still, I could laugh myself silly on lines like, "Look at that, action figures in their original packaging." (one of my all-time-favourites of Dean), or his "That's why you never get laid." when Sammy knew about the dates for the different symbols. The itching powder was really nasty, and Sam's payback with the glue was well-deserved. I so loved his explanation for Santa never coming, "Because you're a bad person, Dean." There was so much affection in that statement.
          You are quite welcome And thanks, 'cause once I get started I can't seem to stop, lol....

And to prove it, I just finished a new wallpaper. It's from Mystery Spot so I'll put it in spoiler tags. I was toying around with some new tutorials, mostly with masks and gradients...

Spoiler:

I guess Hell House is close to my heart because it's a more light-hearted episode set apart from the whole mytharc with the YED and all that. Plus it helped me laugh when I was feeling crpy this past summer after my accident. *shrugs* I like so many eps of this show, it's hard to have just one favorite. I agree though, I love those lines. I even like Dean's reaction when he starts the Impala and that loud music comes blaring out of the radio (and Sam's laughter is like music to me ).

To make it up to you, all of you, here is the next pic spam.
          And you know I love your picspams, each and every one of them, don't you?

Comment

Those piggie tails are something else, aren't they, parisindy?
            well i am a dean girl but really how can you not love and adore the sammy ?
            *fangirly sigh*
            Spoiler:

Comment

*fangirly sigh*
              So true, isn't it.

Comment

And to prove it, I just finished a new wallpaper. It's from Mystery Spot so I'll put it in spoiler tags. I was toying around with some new tutorials, mostly with masks and gradients...
                What a great wall, JessM! It really makes me feel so bad for Sammy. That was also a great choice for the words and the background pics. *marvels at JessM's skills*
                I guess Hell House is close to my heart because it's a more light-hearted episode set apart from the whole mytharc with the YED and all that. Plus it helped me laugh when I was feeling crpy this past summer after my accident. *shrugs* I like so many eps of this show, it's hard to have just one favorite. I agree though, I love those lines. I even like Dean's reaction when he starts the Impala and that loud music comes blaring out of the radio (and Sam's laughter is like music to me ).

And you know I love your picspams, each and every one of them, don't you?
                I hear you. There are really three or four fave eps for me between which I can hardly put a line. For me that's "Nightshifter", "Houses of the Holy" and "Roadkill". And I was clearly surprised about "Roadkill". From the teaser I didn't think too much of the ep but I ended up loving it to bits and pieces. "Houses of the Holy" I expected to be very good, and I wasn't disappointed at all. (I'm a bit into the angel myth etc. It's very fascinating IMO, especially when it's dealt with in an unconventional way.)

Hearing Sam laugh is definitely a treat although I really, really, really adore his look of innocence. (I know I sound like a broken record.) I know Sam has hardened over the course of the seasons, especially the third one, but I can't shake the fact that I'm very impressed that Sammy, despite everything he's seen and had to endure, he's still able to feel so deep compassion and believe in the inherent good in Man. Speaking of 'Jus in Bello',
                Spoiler:
                The way he argued with Dean about sacrificing Nancy for the good of the many. My heart really bled for his cold judgement. And still, when Ruby came to them at the end to tell them what had happened to Henrikson and Nancy, he looked so hurt and sorry for them dying after all should have been over. After the scene in the Sheriff's office when he tended towards Ruby's drastic measures, I wouldn't have expected him to believingly return to the soft-hearted Sammy I love so much by the end of the ep.

*fangirly sigh*
                WORD.

Now let's get to the best part: pics...

Spoiler:

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                sigpic

Comment

I haven't seen all these at the cc's *nags and her beloved twins*

hehehehehe
                  Spoiler:

Comment

What a great wall, JessM! It really makes me feel so bad for Sammy. That was also a great choice for the words and the background pics. *marvels at JessM's skills*
                    Aw...thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it I was toying around with gradients and masks, and things like that. I love playing with tutorials...and I just like how everything seemed to fall into place - the pics and the lyrics especially.

I hear you. There are really three or four fave eps for me between which I can hardly put a line. For me that's "Nightshifter", "Houses of the Holy" and "Roadkill". And I was clearly surprised about "Roadkill". From the teaser I didn't think too much of the ep but I ended up loving it to bits and pieces. "Houses of the Holy" I expected to be very good, and I wasn't disappointed at all. (I'm a bit into the angel myth etc. It's very fascinating IMO, especially when it's dealt with in an unconventional way.)

Hearing Sam laugh is definitely a treat although I really, really, really adore his look of innocence. (I know I sound like a broken record.) I know Sam has hardened over the course of the seasons, especially the third one, but I can't shake the fact that I'm very impressed that Sammy, despite everything he's seen and had to endure, he's still able to feel so deep compassion and believe in the inherent good in Man. Speaking of 'Jus in Bello',
                    Spoiler:
                    The way he argued with Dean about sacrificing Nancy for the good of the many. My heart really bled for his cold judgement. And still, when Ruby came to them at the end to tell them what had happened to Henrikson and Nancy, he looked so hurt and sorry for them dying after all should have been over. After the scene in the Sheriff's office when he tended towards Ruby's drastic measures, I wouldn't have expected him to believingly return to the soft-hearted Sammy I love so much by the end of the ep.
                    I quite like Roadkill too. That was the first episode I'd ever seen from start to finish. I wasn't crazy about it the first time I saw it, but on repeated viewings I liked it more... I can't really say why, though.

I adore Sam's innocent look....especially the puppy eyes. I don't really have anything to add except that I totally agree with you. *grin*

Spoiler:
                    I felt the same way - I was surprised to hear Sam say this, but then realization sunk in that he was becoming more hardened. That is a good point, though - he did look pretty upset at the end to find out that those innocent people had died. It makes me believe there is some shred of our innocent, soft-hearted guy in there.

Oh, pics are the best part! And I think that first one you posted goes well with the dicussion - the wide-eyed, innocent Sammy

Comment

I haven't seen all these at the cc's *nags and her beloved twins*
                      Oi, oi... *feels guilty* "I'll be a better girl, promise."
                      I quite like Roadkill too. That was the first episode I'd ever seen from start to finish. I wasn't crazy about it the first time I saw it, but on repeated viewings I liked it more... I can't really say why, though.
                      Despite that I think it's really a good, solid episode with a nice twist at the end (yeah, groan, I didn't guess it till the end; I always assumed the twist had something to do with Molly's husband ), it definitely showcased Sammy's compassion with the spirits, that he could relate to the things they were feeling, what kept them from moving on. He showed understanding for both spirits, even the "bad" farmer. I really liked that the farmer wasn't portrayed to just be the relentless bada$$ of the week but that they found his love letters to his wife, which unmistakeably told them what a loving husband he'd been, and it broke my heart to learn that his wife couldn't take the grief and ended her life because she couldn't live without him.

To my mind it worked so well because in spite of the usual "hunt of the week", it was a tender episode that explored the concept of love and undying loyalty between husband and wife, mirrored in two different ways of living it out.

Also both boys pitied Molly and tried to give her peace by explaining everything to her, even protecting her from her assailant. Even Dean put himself in harm's way to not let the other spirit hurt Molly further. She might have been a spirit and not real in the common sense but her pain was real, so Dean, who beforehand had said he didn't care about a spirit's feelings, acted like she was indeed still alive and needed his help.

What also sold the episode for me was the fact that it was actually Molly and not the farmer who was responsible for the deaths of the people. She didn't want to harm anybody but ultimately it was her who stood in the centre of the street causing the fatal accidents. Therefore, the farmer was the bad, peeved-off spirit but the one they needed to get rid of to stop the accidents was really Molly.

I felt the same way
                      Spoiler:
                      I was surprised to hear Sam say this, but then realization sunk in that he was becoming more hardened. That is a good point, though - he did look pretty upset at the end to find out that those innocent people had died. It makes me believe there is some shred of our innocent, soft-hearted guy in there.
                      Definitely.
                      Spoiler:
                      He got harder over the course of the season, but to my mind out of desperation. With the deal still looming over both their heads, the demon war at hand and the knowledge that there were really only two kinds of demons out there: the ones who still want Sammy as their leader of the demon army, and then those who want Sam's head on a stake to make sure he never assumes the place the YED had in mind for him.

I think Sammy is in way over his head and doesn't know how to deal with all of this and of course the secrets he's keeping from Dean, like Mary having known the YED or the fact that every relative and friend of their mother's family is dead. And according to Ruby, just because of Sam.

Just as much as the circumstances and events have hardened Sam, I believe what also sped up his slide into darker territories is that he really has no way of venting off his despair, frustration or pent up emotion in general. I think the soft-hearted Sammy doesn't have anybody around who he can talk to, really talk about his feelings without harshly being brushed off. He doesn't want to share the burden with Dean, seeing that he has more than enough of his shoulders. There is no one who is willing to share or even acknowledge his pain and fear, and I think it's driving Sam insane. He wants to make the most of Dean's last year, grant every wish of his brother he can, no matter the cost on himself. Christmas was an excellent example for that. Dean wanted a real Christmas, and he got a real Christmas, even at the expense of Sam's hurt. Of course this Christmas will provide for good memories for the both of them, Dean enjoyed it while Sam suffered through it for Dean's sake. Burying all of this inside oneself is a sure recipe for disaster, and I wonder when Sam will snap.

Let's end my half-witted musings with a pic spam of epic proportions, shall we?

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

I went on a bit of snurching frenzy for 'Salvation' and 'Devil's Trap'. And I'd come to share.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

I went on a bit of snurching frenzy for 'Salvation' and 'Devil's Trap'. And I'd come to share.

Spoiler:
                          <snip>
                          Awwww He looks like he needs lots of hugs in these... *huggles poor Sammy*
                          sigpic

Comment

Despite that I think it's really a good, solid episode with a nice twist at the end (yeah, groan, I didn't guess it till the end; I always assumed the twist had something to do with Molly's husband ), it definitely showcased Sammy's compassion with the spirits, that he could relate to the things they were feeling, what kept them from moving on. He showed understanding for both spirits, even the "bad" farmer. I really liked that the farmer wasn't portrayed to just be the relentless bada$$ of the week but that they found his love letters to his wife, which unmistakeably told them what a loving husband he'd been, and it broke my heart to learn that his wife couldn't take the grief and ended her life because she couldn't live without him.

To my mind it worked so well because in spite of the usual "hunt of the week", it was a tender episode that explored the concept of love and undying loyalty between husband and wife, mirrored in two different ways of living it out.

Also both boys pitied Molly and tried to give her peace by explaining everything to her, even protecting her from her assailant. Even Dean put himself in harm's way to not let the other spirit hurt Molly further. She might have been a spirit and not real in the common sense but her pain was real, so Dean, who beforehand had said he didn't care about a spirit's feelings, acted like she was indeed still alive and needed his help.

What also sold the episode for me was the fact that it was actually Molly and not the farmer who was responsible for the deaths of the people. She didn't want to harm anybody but ultimately it was her who stood in the centre of the street causing the fatal accidents. Therefore, the farmer was the bad, peeved-off spirit but the one they needed to get rid of to stop the accidents was really Molly.
                            Oh, wow. I don't have very much to add except that you make some very good points about the episode. I wasn't expecting that twist at first either. I loved how Sammy's compassion was showcased in this episode as well. They (the writers, director and Jared of course ) did a great job with that. I liked how he told Molly about some spirits getting so angry or so upset (I can't remember which it was at the moment) that they can't move on... that something is keeping them here. His face just radiated compassion, and you could really tell even at the end, before she finally decided to move on.

Definitely.
                            Spoiler:
                            He got harder over the course of the season, but to my mind out of desperation. With the deal still looming over both their heads, the demon war at hand and the knowledge that there were really only two kinds of demons out there: the ones who still want Sammy as their leader of the demon army, and then those who want Sam's head on a stake to make sure he never assumes the place the YED had in mind for him.

I think Sammy is in way over his head and doesn't know how to deal with all of this and of course the secrets he's keeping from Dean, like Mary having known the YED or the fact that every relative and friend of their mother's family is dead. And according to Ruby, just because of Sam.

Just as much as the circumstances and events have hardened Sam, I believe what also sped up his slide into darker territories is that he really has no way of venting off his despair, frustration or pent up emotion in general. I think the soft-hearted Sammy doesn't have anybody around who he can talk to, really talk about his feelings without harshly being brushed off. He doesn't want to share the burden with Dean, seeing that he has more than enough of his shoulders. There is no one who is willing to share or even acknowledge his pain and fear, and I think it's driving Sam insane. He wants to make the most of Dean's last year, grant every wish of his brother he can, no matter the cost on himself. Christmas was an excellent example for that. Dean wanted a real Christmas, and he got a real Christmas, even at the expense of Sam's hurt. Of course this Christmas will provide for good memories for the both of them, Dean enjoyed it while Sam suffered through it for Dean's sake. Burying all of this inside oneself is a sure recipe for disaster, and I wonder when Sam will snap.

Let's end my half-witted musings with a pic spam of epic proportions, shall we?
                            Oh, exactly.

Spoiler:
                            I think Sam really didn't have a choice as far as that's concerned. He knows what is at stake in this upcoming war, and he's also got the added angst of Dean's last year slipping away, and trying to find some way to save him. Nonetheless, we still have had scenes where the more soft-hearted Sammy has shown up. We saw his concern for Bobby in "Dream a Little Dream of Me", and of course the scene at the end of the Christmas episode.

All in all, you sum it up well. And the picspam doesn't hurt either! Thanks so much for the goodies from Salvation & Devil's Trap. *joins Jenova in wanting to hug Sammy*

Some more new-old promo pics:

Spoiler:

Comment

Thank you for the new-old promos, JessM.

And Sammy was very huggable in both 'Salvation' and 'Devil's Trap'. I really liked the scene when Meg came to Bobby's and Sammy cautiously walked away with Bobby in tow, his fear-filled face and just to lead Meg under the devil's trap. That was awesome. Bobby did the same in Magnificent Seven. Loved that too, especially accompanied with his comment about being fat, ignorant and stupid never getting the demon someplace. Did I mention that Bobby is such a cool addition to the show. His gruffy attitude and care for the boys really appleal to me.

Talking about Bobby, I wonder whether Sammy feels confident talking to Bobby about what bothers him, after all, the two of them plot against Dean about the research on the demon deal. *muses* Haha, the scene with Sammy and Bobby on the phone while Dean comes into the diner in 'The Children are Alright' was hilarious!

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

You are quite welcome

I just rewatched that episode again last night... And if I'm remembering correctly, when Meg first comes in and Sam backs away from her with Bobby, he sort of gets in front of Bobby as if he's shielding him or being protective. At least that's what it seemed like to me. *grin* So cute

I loved Bobby in Magnificent Seven, too... how powerful was his speech to Tamara about these demons they're fighting and how they shouldn't just run in there unprepared to fight them? I love how he's almost like a surrogate father for Sam and Dean. I think Dean even said in Dream a Little Dream of Me
                                Spoiler:
                                that Bobby was like a father to him.

Ooh, good question. I'm not really sure. I wonder if Sammy feels a bit torn in going behind Dean's back about all this, but on the other hand he just wants to help get Dean out of the deal in any way possible. I loved how innocent he was acting after Dean came into the diner... that he was ordering pizza. (and Dean's "weirdy McWeirderton" comment )

Comment

Working...
                                X