Jensen Ackles Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
    I have to do that as well. It is soooo easy to say to myself "well that sucks, I'm not entering that into the challenge".
    Oh boy, do I know! However, I always enter those pieces.
    sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
      Oh boy, do I know! However, I always enter those pieces.
      Good for you! Most of the time, I am just too lazy to futz with Gimp I need to change that.....
      sigpic

Comment

Good for you!

Most of the time, I am just too lazy to futz with Gimp I need to change that.....
        Sometimes I'm too tired to futz with Gimp. We both need to change that.
        sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

Hello everyone! Here is the first entry for challenge # 65, and it's a fan fic!

Remember, please comment! The purpose of this challenge is to hear feedback so we know that our work is good even when we silently think to ourselves 'ugh!'

Spoiler:

DREAMSCAPE:

The canopy of trees overhead was hidden by the crusted earth under which he took the cover. Brushing off the layer of dirt so he could see, Ronon Dex took inventory and appraised his surroundings. Nothing had been disturbed nor had anyone passed even close. By the sun's position, he had been at his current location for no more than an hour.

Within the next moment the distinctive sound of a Wraith dart filled the air at the same time he could hear the foot soldiers thrashing at the brush in their way as they clamored over the wooded terrain. It took only seconds for Ronon to get on his feet, using the route he'd scouted when first coming on planet through the Ring of the Ancestors. The woven branches overhead gave him cover from the ship, though not from the sensor which monitored his presence and movements.

The light shimmered, the scene rippling away, morphing into the reflection Ronon so often had, where he was back on Sateda, home, sitting at the table with his wife opposite him, steaming food misting her features. Again, he willed mist too clear. In that instant all became a slow flowing dream, and the fear buried deep inside his mind that he would awaken and lose the brief season of memory, faded. Her body took shape and he saw longer hair, more chestnut in hue, swaying slightly across the fitted top. Her skin tone was darker, akin his own. Another ripple brought a candlelit room into a sharper clarity.

There was confusion, though not just at the realization that it was Teyla sitting across from him, but more to the point, that he felt what his waking self always denied. He wanted her; in his arms, her body entwined with his own, until they were suddenly in a universe made of skin and breath and hair.

Ronon opened his eyes, lying perfectly still, replaying the dream's last visage, letting the need fill him. Perhaps it was simply that Atlantis slept as the wee hours passed. Life in the light, on missions barred entrance to his desire to which the quiet nights were open.

Rising, he emerged from his room intent on going to Teyla. Pushing back the intrusive thoughts which would dissuade his course, he quickened his pace. Turning the last corner, he was surprised by her very presence, as Teyla, still in a flowing light blue sleeping gown, padded toward him, bare feet giving her easier movement.
          " Teyla?" Ronon asked, sensing something was amiss.

As if suddenly becoming aware of him, she stopped. " Ronon?" Silence filled a void between them.

"What...?" He began.

" I was just..." She said simultaneously. Bringing her hand to her mouth did not hide the smile, her eyes dancing.

His lips turned up, parting as his grin turned into an impish laughter. " I had a..." His words trailing off as she finished his sentence.

" Dream. As did I." Slowly, Teyla reached out to him until their fingers touched and they quietly walked back to her quarters, hand in hand, disappearing behind the door as it slid closed.

And we have entry #2
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll start off the comments:

1. I liked the fanfic even though I am not a shipper. It was short and sweet and left so much to your imagination, you can fill in the blanks on your own.

2. I like the artwork, I feel like I should know who it is, but I don't. It's dark, but maybe it should be. The only thing I would change is the text, maybe smaller/tighter.
          sigpic

Comment

The fic:
            Well, can't go wrong with SGA, that's for sure. Even if I don't ship those two. However, the authors writing style... *sighs* I have to read sentences several times over in order to understand what she is saying. Yeah, I'm not that smart. That aside, it was very well written. I wish I was that talented a writer.

The sig:
            ROBOTS!!! Sorry, I like robots. I agree with copter that the text could be a little smaller. And, maybe red to connect with the red eyes of the robots. Sorta tying/bringing it all together. I like how well the pictures have been blended together.
            sigpic
            Sig by ME.

Comment

Hello everyone! Here are two more entries for challenge # 65!

Remember, please comment! The purpose of this challenge is to hear feedback so we know that our work is good even when we silently think to ourselves 'ugh.'

Fanfic
              Spoiler:

tag for Hot Zone
              Rodney was shaky, so exhausted he could barely function, but his mind refused to let go of the events from earlier that day. So much devastation from those tiny microscopic entities, and irreplaceable lives lost because of them. His mind drifted back to Radek’s shocked look and his realization that she was dead. Regret tugged at him, along with a sense that something he could never recover had been lost. It was wildly inappropriate for him to even contemplate pursuing a relationship with one of his staff, but on some level he’d yearned to break free of the restraints, to see what might happen. And now his chance was gone, lost forever, her body lying in the morgue along with the other victims of this tragedy.

He would be the first to admit that he had no finesse, no talent for flirting and social interactions, but in his own clumsy way he’d tried, even making a point of complimenting her when talking to Weir earlier that evening. The expression on her face told him that she was baffled and possibly annoyed by his remark, but there was also a hint, just a small quirk of her mouth, that seemed to say she was also a little flattered.

He’d been contemplating how to press the advantage when Radek had pointed out that two members of the team were still unaccounted for, and while he knew what happened wasn’t the Czech’s fault he still felt a burst of anger towards the man. If only he hadn’t said anything. But they were already infected at that point, and he’d have lost not only those now gone but also a close friend he relied on. And although no one knew about his yearning for her, he wondered at Radek’s comforting gesture as he stood staring down at her body, once vivid and full of life and now a shell without a soul.

The chime startled him, and he moved towards the door, automatically maneuvering through the darkened space to wave a hand over the sensor. The door slid open to reveal Radek standing there holding a couple bottles of what he’d bet were brew from the still he wasn’t supposed to know about.

“May I come in?” The soft Eastern European voice spoke hesitantly, as if unsure of his welcome, but his expression was one of compassion.

Stepping aside, he allowed the other man entrance, flipping on the lights to illuminate the space. Walking back to the sofa, he resumed his seat, slumping down as if the weight of the world rested on his shoulders. A moment later a cup was thrust into his hands, and he automatically raised it to his lips and took a drink, coughing at the liquid burned his throat. “The hell?” Glaring at Radek, perched on the desk chair as he drank from his own mug, he asked snarkily, “What’d you make this out of? Turpentine and rubbing alcohol?”

Radek quietly chuckled at his remark, shaking his head as he raised his mug. “Drink, my friend. Let us mourn those we lost and remember how they touched our lives.”

His clear blue eyes seemed to be gazing into Rodney’s soul, and he quickly took another drink in self-defense, wincing as the fiery liquid flowed inside him. The mug had been emptied and refilled twice before Rodney worked up the courage to speak. “I-I was going to ask her to dinner. After we got back. And now I’ll never know…” His voice trailed off as he stared across the room, seeing her as she walked down the corridor towards her lab, sat in the mess hall eating a meal and laughing with those at her table, and the smile on her face just yesterday when he refilled her coffee along with his own.

“I never really worked with her, but I’d heard she had a thing for you. And would have said yes had you actually asked her out last week instead of turning it into a lecture.”

Silence descended as both men contemplated the day’s events. Finally Radek sighed, filling their mugs with the last of the alcohol before raising his to make a toast. “?as jsou peníze.” Rodney’s confusion must have shown on his face, because he added, “Time is precious.”

The two men lifted their mugs, draining them one last time. “And now, my friend, is time for you to get some rest.” Blinking at the two Radeks standing in front of him, Rodney shook his head, dropping the mug as his hands came up to hold it steady. The room spun, and he felt as if one more move would cause his head to simply roll off his neck and onto the carpet.

A soft chuckle accompanied a pair of hands easing him up off the sofa. “Over to the bed with you.” Closing his eyes helped somewhat, so he let the hands guide him wherever they chose to, which ended up being his bed. Lying back with a soft sigh, Rodney watched through half-closed lids as the smaller man lifted each of his feet to remove the shoes, then tucked a blanket over him. “Spi dob?e, m?j p?íteli.”

And we have entry #2 artwork
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll start off the comments:

1. I forgot how much I liked Radek, and this was really touching about their friendship. As much as Rodney could be a jerk, he had moments where he wasn't awful. I enjoyed reading this and seeing a glimpse into their friendship.

2. I like how simple it is, that is what I most comfortable in doing with my artwork, simplicity. I think to have a bit more contrast, maybe try making the middle images B&W and with the red font it might look awesome. Or terrible. But I would play around with it just to see. Otherwise I like it as is.
              sigpic

Comment

Fanfic
                Spoiler:

tag for Hot Zone
                Rodney was shaky, so exhausted he could barely function, but his mind refused to let go of the events from earlier that day. So much devastation from those tiny microscopic entities, and irreplaceable lives lost because of them. His mind drifted back to Radek’s shocked look and his realization that she was dead. Regret tugged at him, along with a sense that something he could never recover had been lost. It was wildly inappropriate for him to even contemplate pursuing a relationship with one of his staff, but on some level he’d yearned to break free of the restraints, to see what might happen. And now his chance was gone, lost forever, her body lying in the morgue along with the other victims of this tragedy.

He would be the first to admit that he had no finesse, no talent for flirting and social interactions, but in his own clumsy way he’d tried, even making a point of complimenting her when talking to Weir earlier that evening. The expression on her face told him that she was baffled and possibly annoyed by his remark, but there was also a hint, just a small quirk of her mouth, that seemed to say she was also a little flattered.

He’d been contemplating how to press the advantage when Radek had pointed out that two members of the team were still unaccounted for, and while he knew what happened wasn’t the Czech’s fault he still felt a burst of anger towards the man. If only he hadn’t said anything. But they were already infected at that point, and he’d have lost not only those now gone but also a close friend he relied on. And although no one knew about his yearning for her, he wondered at Radek’s comforting gesture as he stood staring down at her body, once vivid and full of life and now a shell without a soul.

The chime startled him, and he moved towards the door, automatically maneuvering through the darkened space to wave a hand over the sensor. The door slid open to reveal Radek standing there holding a couple bottles of what he’d bet were brew from the still he wasn’t supposed to know about.

“May I come in?” The soft Eastern European voice spoke hesitantly, as if unsure of his welcome, but his expression was one of compassion.

Stepping aside, he allowed the other man entrance, flipping on the lights to illuminate the space. Walking back to the sofa, he resumed his seat, slumping down as if the weight of the world rested on his shoulders. A moment later a cup was thrust into his hands, and he automatically raised it to his lips and took a drink, coughing at the liquid burned his throat. “The hell?” Glaring at Radek, perched on the desk chair as he drank from his own mug, he asked snarkily, “What’d you make this out of? Turpentine and rubbing alcohol?”

Radek quietly chuckled at his remark, shaking his head as he raised his mug. “Drink, my friend. Let us mourn those we lost and remember how they touched our lives.”

His clear blue eyes seemed to be gazing into Rodney’s soul, and he quickly took another drink in self-defense, wincing as the fiery liquid flowed inside him. The mug had been emptied and refilled twice before Rodney worked up the courage to speak. “I-I was going to ask her to dinner. After we got back. And now I’ll never know…” His voice trailed off as he stared across the room, seeing her as she walked down the corridor towards her lab, sat in the mess hall eating a meal and laughing with those at her table, and the smile on her face just yesterday when he refilled her coffee along with his own.

“I never really worked with her, but I’d heard she had a thing for you. And would have said yes had you actually asked her out last week instead of turning it into a lecture.”

Silence descended as both men contemplated the day’s events. Finally Radek sighed, filling their mugs with the last of the alcohol before raising his to make a toast. “?as jsou peníze.” Rodney’s confusion must have shown on his face, because he added, “Time is precious.”

The two men lifted their mugs, draining them one last time. “And now, my friend, is time for you to get some rest.” Blinking at the two Radeks standing in front of him, Rodney shook his head, dropping the mug as his hands came up to hold it steady. The room spun, and he felt as if one more move would cause his head to simply roll off his neck and onto the carpet.

A soft chuckle accompanied a pair of hands easing him up off the sofa. “Over to the bed with you.” Closing his eyes helped somewhat, so he let the hands guide him wherever they chose to, which ended up being his bed. Lying back with a soft sigh, Rodney watched through half-closed lids as the smaller man lifted each of his feet to remove the shoes, then tucked a blanket over him. “Spi dob?e, m?j p?íteli.”

And we have entry #2 artwork
                The Fic:
                I love Rodney/Radek friendship fics and this one is amazing! The characters are on point and the writing is amazing! I only wish I could remember what Hot Zone was about so I know who they are talking about. It's been quite a while since I've watched SGA...this fic, though...it has made miss Atlantis.

Yes, copter, Rodney has had his not-so-awful moments...and I loved/love each and every one of them.

The sig:
                I think the only thing I would do is ...tidy it up a bit. For instance, I'd take the eraser tool (on anti-erase) and go over Lizzy's shoulder there on the left, so her right shoulder doest peek through. But that's just me. I would want to see more of Red's left shoulder as well, less fuzzy background of the Red in front/next to the shoulder. Again, that's just what I would do. Other than that I love it! And it's a great show!!!
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

Last entries for Challenge #65

Sorry there are so many on this last entry post but I received a bunch last night.
                  These are the last ones I am accepting since Monday is a new challenge.

I will collect comments on these entries [and previous ones if you haven't got to them yet] for a few more days.
                  And then I post all the comments, and who made what.

I know there is a lot in this post, but please take the time to comment on these last entries!

FanFic
                  Spoiler:

Boys Will Be Boys

Rodney was in the corner of his room bent over a table building what looked like a Rube-Goldberg device out of whatever he could find in the room. He might have gone looking for more bits and pieces but he, and John, were forbidden to leave the room. And Rodney always did what he was told because he didn’t want Mom, Dad or his teachers to be angry with him. He fumbled the wrench and huffed with annoyance. That nice lady, Jennifer had explained what happened, but he was skeptical, even in the face of empirical evidence.

He remembered touching the funny looking machine and John grabbing his arm to pull him away, then nothing until they woke up in the hospital.

John got bored watching him and decided to check out the bed. “Oh, wow! This bed is great!” He bounced on his backside a few times then yanked his boots off, stood up and started jumping. “Woohoooooo!”

“Jo-ohn! Stop jumpin’ on my bed or you’re gonna break it.” Rodney hurried to the side of the bed. “Get down! It’s not a bounce house. It’s a special bed just for me.” He reached out trying to grab John’s leg. “Dr. Jennifer will get mad if we get hurt.”

“You’ve never jumped on the bed before?” John said in a sing-song voice. “An’ I don’t care what that doctor lady says. I ain’t ‘fraid o’ her.”

Crossing his arms angrily, Rodney shot back, “Did so jump on the bed. I fell and hit my head. We went to the hospital and the doctor said I had a ‘cussion.”

“Come on, Meredith. Try it again.” An evil grin crossed John’s face as he continued to bounce. “I dare ya. I double dog dare ya. Not only that-”

“Don’t say it! I mean it, John!”

“I triple dog dare ya!”

Rodney shook his finger at John then sat down on the floor to take off his shoes. “Oh, you just had say it didn’t ya? Well, here I come!” The physicist crawled to the exact center of the bed, stood and cautiously began bouncing, just a few inches at first then, when he became more confident, higher and higher. Next to him John was doing the same thing, both of them laughing.

Their laughter cut off when they heard the door chime and Jennifer’s voice called out, “Rodney? John? May I come in?”

“Oh, no! It’s her!” Both men said in unison as they jumped to the floor.

They ran to the corner and Rodney went back to his “’speriment” while John leaned his elbow on the end of the table pretending to be highly interesting in what he was doing. “Come in.”

The door opened and Jennifer looked around the room then at the two men who were sweating and panting. Her eyes narrowed dangerously, hands on her hips. “What have you two been doing?”

They exchanged a glance then said together, “Nothing.”

“Then why is the bed a mess?” She looked from one guilty face to the other, hands on her hips. “Have you been jumping on the bed again?”

“Um…” John said, looking at Rodney for help, but he just shrugged.

“We’ll talk about this later, boys. John, come with me. It’s bedtime.” She gestured and John went to stand by the door. “I’ll be back in a few minutes, Rodney. While I’m gone, clean up the mess, take your bath and get ready for bed.”

Rodney looked at the floor, scuffing the toe of his shoe on the floor. “Yes, Dr. Keller.”

She passed her hand over the sensor to open the door then took John by the hand when he didn’t follow her. He gave her his most endearing smile then looked over his shoulder at Rodney and stuck his tongue out. The door closed as John said, “He was jumpin’ on the bed, Dr. Keller, like you told him not to.”

Since they’d been in their current state, they were constantly vying for Jennifer’s attention and John apparently thought he was the big winner. After they’d gone, Rodney kicked the foot of the bed. “Ow!”

Out in the hall, Jennifer quietly sighed. In the four days since Rodney and John had returned form M99-505 in their current state, she and her staff hadn’t even come close to finding a cure for their condition. While they’d retained their adult bodies, the clocks had been turned back on their minds to the point that both men believed they were six years old, causing them to behave accordingly.

“I want some ice cream,” John said in a wheedling tone. “Pleeeease?”

Every night, it was something. A drink of water. Ice cream. Video games. Football. Basketball. Anything to stay up later. And each night, he got the same answer. “No.” He let go of her hand, crossed his arms and stuck his bottom lip out, but Jennifer would not be swayed. “Why don’t you ever ask for ice cream when you’re with Rodney?”

He shrugged his shoulders, and had the good sense to be contrite. “He don’t like ice cream.”

“John,” she reprimanded him, “you know that’s not true. What’ve I told you about lying?”

John shoved his hands into his pants pockets and hung his head. “You said it’s bad and I should always tell the truth.”

“Exactly.” They stopped in front of John’s door, she swiped a hand over the sensor to open the door. “Take a bath and wash your hair. Then get into your pajamas and brush your teeth. I’ll be back soon to tuck you in.”

“Fine.” John scuffed his foot and went into the room.

Shaking her head Jennifer sighed. She’d always wondered if she would be a good mother, and this was good practice.

Her headset chirped. “Campbell to Keller.”

“Keller.”

“Dr. McKay is demanding to see you.”

Rolling her eyes, she headed for Rodney’s quarters. “Tell him I’m coming.”

In the background, she heard Chuck doing as she’d asked, his always calm demeanor changing to annoyance. “Um, could you please hurry, Dr. Keller? He’s crying because he can’t find his…” Chuck paused in that way that indicated he didn’t want to continue. Then, he lowered his voice to a whisper. “He can’t find the stuffed andar Teyla gave him to sleep with.”

Clamping a lid on the sharp retort that bubbled in the back of her throat, Jennifer smiled though Chuck couldn’t see it. “Thanks, Chuck. I’m headed that way now.”

She stopped in front of Rodney’s room and put on a gentle smile so he wouldn’t think she was angry with him. Maybe I should stick to just one kid, she thought to herself as she activated the door and went into the room. In the time she’d been gone, Rodney hadn’t taken his bath or gotten ready for bed. Instead, he'd continued to work on his project. In a stern voice, she said, “Rodney McKay! Put that down and get ready for bed.”

“But…”

“No arguments or you’re grounded.”

Rodney lay the tool on the table and hung his head. “Okay.” The bathroom door closed, then opened. “Don’t come in! I can dress myself.”

Smiling affectionately, Jennifer went to straighten the messily made bed. She plumped the pillow, looking around for the stuffed animal he slept with. Getting on her hands and knees, she looked under the bed and found it lying there staring at her with an unblinking grin. She dragged it out, brushed the dust off and laid it on the bed.

A few minutes later, Rodney came out in his pajamas. He crossed the room and got into bed without looking at her.

She pulled the covers up to his chin and bent down to kiss him on the forehead. “Good night, sweetie.”

Rodney hugged the toy to him, closed his eyes and was soon asleep. Jennifer watched him for a moment and switched out the light.

As she made her way back to the infirmary, she hoped they’d soon find a cure for whatever had happened to John and Rodney, or she would be spending the rest of her life caring for two adult sized boys. Well, at least until they grew up again. If they grew up again.

Shuddering at the thought, she went into the lab where Carson and Amanda were still hard at work. Jennifer slipped into her lab coat and got to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Artwork

set one
                  Spoiler:

Artwork #2

Artwork #3
                  click for bigger

Artwork #4
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  my comments:

fan fic - Very cute! A very different take on 'whump' in that it probably doesn't hurt....much.

Art set - I love the blue ones. I might play around with the placement of the fonts, maybe even make them smaller. The second I like even more. It's so dark but the focus is on the couple. Again I would probably move the fonts around and play with the placement.

Art # 2 - I like the faded not in focus look, and I love the pastels. For some reason that always works so well on Sam and Jack. I would move the "is each other" under the other font.

Art #3 - no idea who the guys are but I love this art. It's dark but bright which is so hard to do. And it is so clear and sharp! SO jealous! I can never achieve that.

Art #4 - Love love love this. I can never blend this well. Again I am jealous. So light and airy and feminine. I would make the writing on the right smaller. At that size I am begging to read it but I can't and I don't think it is meant to be read? I might also make the other fonts just a bit smaller. But fonts are the bane of my existence. I futz with them until I lose my mind.
                  sigpic

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENSEN!!!

I will get to the comments on the artworks later as I don't have much time before I go to work. Sorry.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post

I will get to the comments on the artworks later as I don't have much time before I go to work. Sorry.
                      love the pic!

and no worries! It's open for a few more days, just get to it when you can.

and have fun at work?
                      sigpic

Comment

love the pic!
                        It's great, isn't it?

and no worries! It's open for a few more days, just get to it when you can.
                        Cool. I'm gonna get to it right now.

and have fun at work?
                        Work...was not fun. Just...very busy! Everyone was out getting food for the snowstorm that is going on right now. Thankfully I switched with a coworker, and, as such had a short shift.

~~~~~~~~

The fic:
                        YAY for more RODNEY!!! And I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE STORY!!! There is nothing wrong with it from where I'm standing.

The Art: set one: Sleepy Hollow:
                        I love both of them! On the first one I might futz with the contrast/brightness a bit to bring out the images more. On the second one, I might look for a font that's a bit clearer and easier to read while still maintaining the look (cursive).

The Art: Jack and Sam:
                        Love the coloring (rainbow) and the smokey/fuzzy effect. Job well done!

The Art: #3:
                        'Tis a great quote, though I have no idea who that guy is. It is executed well and I love the texture(s) used. Great job!

The Art: #4:
                        OMG! I love it! I only wish I had this artist's level of talent! And knowledge of PS. I love the coloring and the softness.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

Hey guys, I (finally) come bearing caps for eps 13 and 14. Sorry for the delay! Real life has me pretty busy right now.

10x13 part one

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Part two

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Part three

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment