Jensen Ackles Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
    oh yay! an extension! i hae a bunny for the AFA challange and i'm thinking about using three fonts, so it'll apply to this one too
    Yay! good for you.
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

oh yay! an extension! i hae a bunny for the AFA challange and i'm thinking about using three fonts, so it'll apply to this one too
      yay!
      sigpic

Comment

i'm almost done! all i need is the perfect pic of Balthazar.... one where he looks annoyed
        I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
        sigpic

Comment

i'm almost done! all i need is the perfect pic of Balthazar.... one where he looks annoyed
          Try stuff from the ep where Sam and Dean become Jensen and Jared in the "real world", He gets some good face time in that ep.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            Try stuff from the ep where Sam and Dean become Jensen and Jared in the "real world", He gets some good face time in that ep.
            French Mistake.... yea... thought i'd try My Heart Will Go On first, since that's where my bunny's from....
            sigpic

Comment

Hey guys...got called in on my day off today or I would have been here sooner...

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
              that blue was on the original pic. That's what attracted me to it, as well the contrast with the red in his hair and his expression there.
              I thought it might have been.

Again I love that use of red. I love red ,and I've said it before, I never seem able to use it properly. I have those resources bookmarked since you posted them in AFA.
              Thank you. The odd thing is I used nothing red in the sig. Playing with layer modes produced that red.

Thank you guys for my art fix...everything is too quiet in AFA.
              Y'welcome.

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
              Thanks so much! I snurched them...hope that is okay!
              It's A-Okay! And, you're welcome.

I had a lot of moments yesterday where I would try something and go "oh, wow look at that!" So it was a fun learning day that even produced some art
              I have moments like that. Sometimes.

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
              oh, come on people, do enter your stuff ( Little Creek, RiG, everyone...)*so tired of looking at my stuff*
              Soon as I get an idea I'll have something to enter. That, and time. I'd make art now but The Walking Dead is on and I don't want to miss it!
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Yes, the French mistake, that's the one.

I have been power watching all of SPN lately, so the names of eps tend to slip by me as I have been looking at the arcs more than anything else this time around.
                sigpic

Comment

Yes, the French mistake, that's the one.

I have been power watching all of SPN lately, so the names of eps tend to slip by me as I have been looking at the arcs more than anything else this time around.
                  the french mistake is the one episode to date that i've never finished.... second hand embarrassment is a real problem for me... i only manged to get about halfway thru it before i had to shut it off....
                  sigpic

Comment

the french mistake is the one episode to date that i've never finished.... second hand embarrassment is a real problem for me... i only manged to get about halfway thru it before i had to shut it off....
                    Why are you second hand embaressed by that ep??
                    (unless you are like Jared who lives in a mansion with no realisation of the value of it)
                    sigpic

Comment

Why are you second hand embaressed by that ep??
                      (unless you are like Jared who lives in a mansion with no realisation of the value of it)
                      it's the type of jokes.... any kind of joke made at the expense of a character's ignorance just makes me really embarrassed on their behalf... i mean, they make me laugh too, but then a feel guilty about laughing.... the whole reason why the French Mistake is so funny is b/c you have Dean and Sam trying, and in some ways failing, to be Jensen and Jared while simultaniously learning who Jensen and Jared are.... they have mishaps... lots of mishaps... and tho i find those mishaps funny in the extreme, i also feel embarrassed on Sam and Dean's behalf and a little bit guilty that i'm laughing at their iognorance... i guess on a fundamental level, even tho i find it funny, i still feel like the characters are being bullied and i can't do anything to stop it, which makes me both embarrassed and guilty....
                      sigpic

Comment

it's the type of jokes.... any kind of joke made at the expense of a character's ignorance just makes me really embarrassed on their behalf... i mean, they make me laugh too, but then a feel guilty about laughing.... the whole reason why the French Mistake is so funny is b/c you have Dean and Sam trying, and in some ways failing, to be Jensen and Jared while simultaniously learning who Jensen and Jared are.... they have mishaps... lots of mishaps... and tho i find those mishaps funny in the extreme, i also feel embarrassed on Sam and Dean's behalf and a little bit guilty that i'm laughing at their iognorance... i guess on a fundamental level, even tho i find it funny, i still feel like the characters are being bullied and i can't do anything to stop it, which makes me both embarrassed and guilty....
                        I guess it comes down to what you *take* from the ep.

I see the ep as a reflection of what Sam and Dean would think about people "playing them". It's something they have brushed with in the ghost facer eps, and the "convention" eps.

Don't you find the fact that they have always been portrayed as "riling against it", that what they deal with is "real" as opposed to "just a story" empowering for the characters?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                          Extending this challenge for another week since I only have on entry so far.
                          New due date is Sunday March 2nd
                          Oh, oops! Totally forgot to send in my entries. Sorry! It's been a busy week here.

Comment

I guess it comes down to what you *take* from the ep.

I see the ep as a reflection of what Sam and Dean would think about people "playing them". It's something they have brushed with in the ghost facer eps, and the "convention" eps.

Don't you find the fact that they have always been portrayed as "riling against it", that what they deal with is "real" as opposed to "just a story" empowering for the characters?
                            no, i totally get that.... i just can't watch it by myself... i need someone there to watch it with me so i can't turn it off, and even then i'll have my face buried in a pillow half the time... i'll also probably take at least one unnecessary bathroom break [( this is how i watched 40 year old virgin... loved the movie, great comedy, but i just can't watch it by myself )] the way most ppl watch horror movies? that's how i watch most comedies -shrugs- i can't help it
                            sigpic

Comment

Most comedy nowadays is based on that.

Second hand embarrassement that's how I felt when T. Hiddleston was shown some "fan art" on on Alan Carr:Chatty Man. Really, we all know that's out there but was it necessary to confront him with it publicly? I don't know him and I was feeling terrible for him.
                              sigpic
                              Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                              Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Whew, worked an 8hr shift today and, boy, am I pooped! I hope to get some Gimping done tonight for the challenge.

Love The French Mistake. Didn't feel any second hand embarrassment for the boys though. I have gotten that feeling before when watching certain things but I never new what to call it. Thank you, Lil, for the heads up on that.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X