Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention, peeps. The spoilers for the first episode of season two are up at supernatural.tv. The link to the now casting sides are posted. Heavily spoilery and is it ever good stuff.
    Now casting

You only thought you cried during Devil's Trap. A few things confirmed by these spoilers:

Spoiler:
    Dean is in a coma and has been for awhile.

Dean is dealing with a reaper named Tessa who wants him to let go and move on.

Dean begs the reaper, who has assumed the shape of a young woman to put him at ease, to let him stay because his little brother needs him to protect him. She refuses. She's heard many a soldier beg for his life back because his family needed him, then points out that life went on without them. She tells Dean he's died an honorable death and it will be easier for him to accept his death and move on. She tells him that people who refuse to move on often become the angry spirits that Dean hunts.

Dean is violently pulled back to life because John makes a deal with the demon (or a demon) who is masquerading as a hospital janitor.

John gives up the colt and the last bullet to get the demon to save Dean's life. The demon says there is "something else he wants more." Whatever it is, apparently John gives it to him. Dean now owes his life to the demon who killed his mother. Who knows what John has promised the demon, and will the reaper exchange a life for a life like before? Despite all preceding evidence to the contrary, John Winchester loves his oldest son very much. Dean is more important to him than revenge. John may have given up his soul.

Sam is feverishly working with John's journal to try and find a way to help Dean. He senses Dean's disembodied comatose presence. He begs Dean not to let go and leave him alone with dad because they'll kill each other. Dean being near death has Sam distraught and his father making deals with the devil. It appears the demon was quite a liar when he taunted Dean that the family Winchester didn't need him as much as he needed them. [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeSwirl
      I know! I can't wait for S2, which is why i'm tiding myself over with DA S2.. mmm, Jensen with no shirt, lots of times, really gets your mind off things..
      "Hot delivery coming through!"

Comment

HOLY MOLEY!!! Season 2 looks like it's going to be off to an awesome start!!!

The Moment that should NOT have happened!

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanic_Jack
          HOLY MOLEY!!! Season 2 looks like it's going to be off to an awesome start!!!
          I agree...a lot was left hanging in season 1!
          sigpic

Comment

yay more spoilers!! is it september yet?!?!
            OrangeSwirl

My Graphix LJ || scifi_abc

Comment

Wow, those spoilers seem awesome. I can't wait to actually see the episode. Season 2 simply can't get here quickly enough.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Wow!! Great spoilers Moulin! I can't wait for Season Two. I've watched my DA Season Two through almost twice. I keep wanting to look around for Season Three. They sure left us hanging
                By the by, is there a thread around anywhere that discusses Dark Angel? Talk about a kick ass show!
                Andromeda Fate
                Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
                "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
                "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
                "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
                "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

I'm still waiting for my season 2 of Dark Angel to arrive. sigh Alec was a doll baby.

Comment

I love supernatural....i'm a huge sci-fi fan, coz of the world cup and my hubby i've missed a couple of episodes but hoping they'll repeat them.
                    SAM & JACK 4EVER!!

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda_fate
                      Wow!! Great spoilers Moulin! I can't wait for Season Two. I've watched my DA Season Two through almost twice. I keep wanting to look around for Season Three. They sure left us hanging
                      By the by, is there a thread around anywhere that discusses Dark Angel? Talk about a kick ass show!
                      unfortunately, there was no S3 of DA. stupid FOX... it was like there biggest show, and they dropped it. In one of the featurettes someone mentioned that when the networks were renewing, on a Wednesday they were on the written renewel list, but when FOX officially announce the list the next day, they had dropped DA.. such a shame.. but then again, if it had gone on longer, Micheal Weatherly would never had joined NCIS (i love TOny) and Jensen would never have been on Smallville or SN.. every cloud has its silver lining.. and as for a thread to discuss DA, haven't seen one... but i really haven't looked...
                      OrangeSwirl

My Graphix LJ || scifi_abc

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeSwirl
                        unfortunately, there was no S3 of DA. stupid FOX... it was like there biggest show, and they dropped it. In one of the featurettes someone mentioned that when the networks were renewing, on a Wednesday they were on the written renewel list, but when FOX officially announce the list the next day, they had dropped DA.. such a shame.. but then again, if it had gone on longer, Micheal Weatherly would never had joined NCIS (i love TOny) and Jensen would never have been on Smallville or SN.. every cloud has its silver lining.. and as for a thread to discuss DA, haven't seen one... but i really haven't looked...
                        I like Tony also. Tony is almost the total opossite of Logan! But I really liked the characters of Alec and Logan and wished they could have gone on for at least one more season and tie up all the loose ends and unanswered questions.
                        Andromeda Fate
                        Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
                        "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle

Comment

Okay, so I got this from a translation of a Norwegian magazine that interviewed Jensen and Jared recently. I found Jensen's comments particularly interesting.

- What's your biggest pet peeve?
                          - Tabloid press and reality TV. That's some of the worst **** ever. Why does the younger generation care to read or watch that kind of crap? Are they completely stupid and brain dead? It's just sad, Jensen explains and shakes his head.
                          Jared taps him on the shoulder.
                          - Relax. The people you're talking about probably watch Supernatural.
                          - Yeah, and that's good, but that's not really the world's most intellectual show either. Though we are forced to say something else and we're of course thankful that we have a job.

Perhaps he was thinking us "dumb" Americans wouldn't be able to read that magazine?
                          I just thought it was interesting that he doesn't seem to like his own show. (Although I guess he had a hangover or something so maybe he was just cranky.)
                          Andromeda Fate

Comment

I don't have a problem with it. And he's right, Supernatural isn't intellectually stimulating most of the time. I don't think that makes it bad, necessarily, but I can see where he's coming from and kudos to him for condemning reality tv. It's about time someone in Hollywood did.

Also, it looks as if the translation is a little... iffy? Looking at it the language doesn't flow naturally so, as they say, there could be a lot lost in translation. Snark in particular doesn't always translate well and adding to that we have no body language or side commentary to help put it in perspective. And on top of all that you've taken it out of context even further by only posting snippets of what was said (Gateworld does have rules about not posting whole articles/interviews, but still) it makes it even harder to know what Jensen meant.

As for not liking Supernatural, it's possible. Dunno if it's likely, but it's possible. Actors don't have to love the shows they're on (although they usually have to say they do) any more than we have to love [/i]our[/i] jobs.

Me, though, I'm prone to liking Jensen and assuming that he's as snarky and irreverent as Dean and thus I'm willing to grant him the benefit of a doubt.

Either way, though, I admire honesty and I'll love him even if he doesn't like Supernatural. And Americans are kinda dumb, IMO (and yes, I'm American myself).

Comment

I totally agree about reality tv. I hate it myself. As far as taking it out of context that's why I posted the whole question... there's nothing else that has to do with what was said.
                              Being honest is all well and good I just thought it was a bit risky saying that where people can read what you say. (You don't complain about your job where your boss can hear.)
                              I still like Jensen too... I just thought it was an interesting read.
                              Andromeda Fate

Comment

Actually, I complain about my job all the time- not only where my boss can hear me but sometimes directly TO my boss. I do take your point and yeah, there are some things that can't or shouldn't be said, but I don't think Jensen crossed the line. But then, my toleration levels are different than others. Hard to know what TPTB's is.

Comment

Working...
                                X