Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you post it anywhere? I'm looking for more good stuff to read!
    sigpic

Comment

*points to signature*

"Good" is entirely subjective, though. I can point you to a couple of Supernatural authors who I feel are good but that's just my opinion. You might think they're rubbish!
      Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

I started watching Supernatural when the first season came in TV in Germany (they probably already aired the second season in the USA, by then (Germany is always very late in getting new movies and series)).
        However, in the beginning I was not that much interested in Supernatural but only watched it because of the series Lost. The channel Pro 7, that aired it, made something they called "Mystery Monday". There they aired one ep of Supernatural and after that two eps of Lost. Since I did not have much to do before watching Lost I simply started with watching Supernatural (missed the pilot and started with ep 2, though). At first I found it ok and that was it. But after a while I was addicted to Supernatural and it did not take long until it was my most favorite series. Lost on the other hand became more and more uninteresting for me and I still have not watched the last two seasons of Lost. Ironic, isn't it ?
        The very young do not always do as they are told.

sigpic

Comment

Ironic indeed! Unfortunately, Lost did get a bit heavy. Weighed down by its own intricacy, I think. The last season was just mental.
          Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

Supernatural is a funny series (not HA HA funny, just funny)
            (WARNING: Subjective opinion ahead)

I found S1&2 of SPN to be absolutely awesome stuff, S2-5 a logical extention of what was built in 1&2, 5-8 have become more a desire to see what the *characters* are doing and I am quite forgiving of stuff because of it. It's like NCIS is that way, I don't really care about the "mystery of the week" part anymore, but I want to know what the brothers, (or in NCIS, the team) are up too, and how they deal with things.
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by The Urban Spaceman View Post
              Ironic indeed! Unfortunately, Lost did get a bit heavy. Weighed down by its own intricacy, I think. The last season was just mental.
              True, it seems they just did not think the whole thing through from the beginning. And so it just got more and more awkward. Stuff like controlling the black smoke or the island beaming was just too much.
              It's a shame because Lost started really good and had many interesting characters.

sigpic

Comment

I just wanted to ask you which season do you prefer of supernatural ? The earlier ones or the newer ones ? I mean I love supernatural but latetly it hasn't been that good as the previous seasons at least IMO. There are always some good episodes and I like the Kevin and Naomi storyline but other then that the monster of the week stories are a bit boring these days except when it involves time travel. I think my favorite seasons were three and four because there castiel was introduced
                sigpic

Comment

MY favorite seasons were 4-5, i really enjoyed those seasons the most so far, my least favorite season probably has to be season 7 .......there were some good moments in that storyline but the dick roman character just didnt seem to click properly, amongst other things the season just wasnt that good
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

My favourites were season 1 and 2. Everything was new and exciting and it felt like almost every episode was pushing the boundaries.

I actually thought Dick Roman was one of the highlights of season 7. He was just so ruthlessly chilling. Fantastic.

Comment

Dick Roman was a cool character but the Leviathans themselves were boring. And the way to fight them was even more boring (although it was funny how Bobby and Mills discovered their weakness).
                      Like I said, my most favorite season is season 5. So many excellent story eps and monster-of-the-week-eps. And the way the last ep was made is totally awesome ("The devil deos not no what kind of car the boys drive and neither does he care").

sigpic

Comment

regarding naomi -

does anyone think she's going to survive this season? i only ask b/c of the tendency of killing off female characters on this show...
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

I hope not. She annoys me.

Comment

I like her. Especially if she should turn out good in the end. But what are the odds....

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              regarding naomi -

does anyone think she's going to survive this season? i only ask b/c of the tendency of killing off female characters on this show...
                              I think she might, since they've made her background rather mysterious and she has something going on with Crowley. I think she makes a great villain because we're not quite sure if she's really bad or not. I know she seems bad (especially after "Goodbye Stranger"), but if you look at it from Heaven's perspective, she might not be. Just like Dean has done some pretty questionable stuff through the years, but we still think of him as a good guy.

The only reason I'd think they might kill her off soon is if AT is too busy with other stuff to be available as much as they might want her?

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                regarding naomi -

I sure hope she does. I hope to continue to see Amanda Tapping on this show for at least a little while longer.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X