Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GatetheWay View Post
    Oh, it would be so great if the strike were to end next week *knock on wood*. You really don't know how much you take scripted TV for granted until it's almost all gone (only three episodes left!). If we were to get only one or two more episodes after Jus In Bello I'd be insanely happy.
    Yeah, same here.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Now I'm faced with a delema, either to watch Lost or Supernatural at 6pm (have Shaw so I get eastern channels) first...
      River Tam: My food is problematic.

Comment

New Kripke Interview:http://www.tvguide.com/news/supernat...ions/080207-02

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
          Thank you for posting the link to the interview, MrsB, it was truly enlightening! Eric Kripke mentioned a few details that really keep you wondering about the direction of the show, not in a negative sense of course. But from the answer of the first question
          Spoiler:
          I take it Sammy might have powers beyond what the YED infused him with when he fed him his blood, that the Yellow-Eyed Demon maybe chose Sam to make good of his other abilities and use them for his war against mankind.

And I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the hint at Ellen coming back! I'd be thrilled to see her again, she was a fine, motherly character. And even though I hate shipping people on any show, and certainly wouldn't even promote the idea of it actually coming true, I'd probably even prefer for it not to be, but I think Ellen and Bobby would make a really cute couple. The two rock together, they played off each other very well in 'All Hell Breaks Loose II'.
          twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
          sigpic

Comment

Really good episode tonight IMO. Definitely learned a few more things about Dean. And also, maybe a preview of things to come (the very end).
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

THE STRIKE IS OVER!!! THANK GOD!

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
              Spoiler:

Comment

Yippieeee!!!

That's awesome and totally worth the first post on the new page! Now we can hope for still a few more episodes before they wrap this season altogether. I suggest for Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles and the whole rest of the crew to do quite a bit of beauty sleep in the next few days and brace for an ungodly number of sleepless nights in the near future. But remember guys, it's all for your fans!
                twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately, the CW has Supernatural under TBD (To Be Decided) on whether to start shooting or not while shows like Gossip Girl have been given the okay to get back to work as soon as possible. Hopefully, Supernatural will eventually get the okay as well. Plus Jensen is currently in Australia doing over seas promotion for the show so he better get back pronto.

Oh and good episode tonight. Dean has issues with his father. Who would have thought that?

ETA: One more thing. Have I mentioned how much I really really really hate Bela? Can she die now Kripke, please?
                  Last edited by GatetheWay; 07 February 2008, 08:18 PM.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay View Post
                    Unfortunately, the CW has Supernatural under TBD (To Be Decided) on whether to start shooting or not while shows like Gossip Girl have been given the okay to get back to work as soon as possible. Hopefully, Supernatural will eventually get the okay as well. Plus Jensen is currently in Australia doing over seas promotion for the show so he better get back pronto.
                    Ack, ack, sputter...
                    sigpic

Comment

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
                      Possibly best episode of the season

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

nope strike is still on i think....

friend e-mailed me this

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/

Do not, repeat, do not, believe anyone who claims that the writers strike is over yet. Here is what informed sources are telling me as to the WGA's plans for the next few days...

The WGA leadership is hoping to finish tonight or early tomorrow drafting the language of the deal they've negotiated with the moguls. ("Our friends at the DGA didn't leave us language that could serve as a template. In fact, the DGA has no language beyond what was in their press release because they figured they had until June to work it out," an insider tells me.)

Then the WGA intends to email to members and/or post on the WGA.org website that language so the members will have an opportunity to digest it before Saturday's meetings.

On Saturday, the WGA West membership meets at the Shrine Auditorium and the WGA East convenes at the Crown Plaza Hotel in Times Square for a definitive informational confab with the leadership. (A guild phone bank has been making calls to members today urging them to attend.) The WGA bigwigs intend to "take the temperature" and "get a sense of the room" at this time. There'll be lots of open mike time "where people can say whatever they want," I'm told. Everyone anticipates these will be very long and very contentious meetings on both coasts.

On Sunday (not Monday, as some thought), the WGAW Board and the WGAE Council both meet and will have to vote to approve any tentative deal before it goes to a membership vote. So, the WGA's Negotiating Committee, WGAW Board and WGAE Council all must approve the contract before any decision on a strike can be made. Board members tell me that, since the WGA governing bodies were authorized by the membership to call the strike, then those bodies are authorized to call it off. As I've reported previously, the moguls have insisted that the WGAW and WGAE governing bodies call off the strike before the membership ever formally votes on the contract, apparently so the Academy Awards can be saved.

I'm told that one of the purposes of Saturday's informational meetings is for the governing boards to decide whether the membership will approve the contract or not. This, insiders say, will determine if the bigwigs call off the strike or not.

Once the governing bodies recommend the contract and call off the strike, then procedures will kick in to send out ballots to the membership on both coasts to vote on the contract.

Of course, some snafus may occur. For instance, I'm told that if no draft language is ready in time for Saturday, "it's a very different ballgame".

I'm going to check on the Union Writers blog to see what they are saying.
                        and here http://unitedhollywood.blogspot.com/
                        Can the Board lift the restraining order (meaning the strike) without a general vote of the membership?

Yes. In Article IX, Section 3b, it states that the restraining order has to be authorized by the membership to start, but that it remains "in effect until withdrawn by the Board."

The Board has the constitutional right to lift the restraining order at their discretion.

That doesn't mean they will, by the way, and no one should interpret this information to mean that the Saturday meeting will automatically result in the strike being lifted if the Board meets, as they are rumored to be doing, on Sunday.

But...

Could the Board lift the strike order sooner, and we could still have a 10-day or 20-day ratification vote?

That is possible under the Constitution. But again, the Board has repeatedly guaranteed that nothing will happen without the input (and approval) of the membership. They are planning to get that input at the Saturday meeting.

And on the site, there is still plans for strike related activities being planned.

so no word for supernatural yet
                        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

sorry my friend nureek is full of great info hehe

ehm... Supernatural Two pre-strike episodes remain. Expected to shoot 3 to 5 additional episodes to air in April/May if the strike ends soon.

No idea where that info is from though
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Thank you for the great, long list of info on the strike matter, Paris! Nureek is definitely the best! But I still hope they get it now settled quickly and don't dare put off filming of another few episodes of 'Supernatural' for season three.

I'm glad you enjoyed 'Dream a Little Dream'. I heard there was quite a lot about Dean; did Sammy also get his fair share. And I'm absolutely dying to see
                            Spoiler:
                            what Bobby thought of Sam and Dean's "stupid" plan of joining him. I guess he was grateful but not exactly thrilled by what the boys did.
                            sigpic

Comment

To be honest, I... wasn't that thrilled with the episode.

Spoiler:
                              Yes it was entertaining, no I didn't hate it, but it just felt pointless. Sure the Bobby stuff was interesting, and Bella showing up and stealing the colt sure screws everything up, but the actual plot seemed more like filler than anything else.

Comment

Ausiello from TV Guide has Supernatural down now as "Two pre-strike episodes remain. Expected to shoot 3 to 5 additional episodes to air in April/May." instead or the before mentioned TBD. So it looks like they'll be back to shooting in no time.

Really just want them to settle this already and get back to work.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X