Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andromeda_fate
    and how do you go about getting one? Or are you just randomly selected. Perhaps they put one in television sets without even notifying the owners. The media is very sneaky you know.
    i'm more worried about that the govt sneaks into my tv

i don't know how to go about getting on the neilson list...never really thought much about it.
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Oh yeah, so if Supernatural gets cancelled, we'll know who to blame. Melodrama much?

Anyway, I really liked the ep. Only just caught up on it (and I don't own a Nielsen box, so if the show dies, it ain't my fault ) and it was quite... moving. I mean, on the one hand, I'm a little disappointed that Dean was so easily healed- especially after such a dramatic injury- but on the other... I like the way it all worked out.

Heavy overtones of X-Files on the whole faith healer/back magic thing, but they made it work for them and Jensen was once again outstanding in this ep. He even managed to ease off on his usual (and somewhat charming) letchiness a bit to feel real empathy for Leyla and her plight. Didn't think much of the look of the reaper (bad make-up job and too heavily influenced by Buffy's Gentlemen) but all in all this'll probably rate near the top of my favorites.

Just goes to show you don't have to be high on the gore factor (or even the scare factor) to plot a good story. I hope we see more of this because the emotionally driven stories are by far the best. At least in my un-humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Oh yeah, so if Supernatural gets cancelled, we'll know who to blame. Melodrama much?

Anyway, I really liked the ep. Only just caught up on it (and I don't own a Nielsen box, so if the show dies, it ain't my fault ) and it was quite... moving. I mean, on the one hand, I'm a little disappointed that Dean was so easily healed- especially after such a dramatic injury- but on the other... I like the way it all worked out.

Heavy overtones of X-Files on the whole faith healer/back magic thing, but they made it work for them and Jensen was once again outstanding in this ep. He even managed to ease off on his usual (and somewhat charming) letchiness a bit to feel real empathy for Leyla and her plight. Didn't think much of the look of the reaper (bad make-up job and too heavily influenced by Buffy's Gentlemen) but all in all this'll probably rate near the top of my favorites.

Just goes to show you don't have to be high on the gore factor (or even the scare factor) to plot a good story. I hope we see more of this because the emotionally driven stories are by far the best. At least in my un-humble opinion.
        I totally agree. One of my favorite episodes was the boy in the lake one. Very low gore factor and imo the best as far as overall story arc, character development (loved dean's interaction with the little boy), and surprising lack of "what the heck!?" moments that were so prominent during the first half of the season.
        I can't wait until Sunday so I can see the latest episode! I'm so mad I had to watch American Idol! Heaven bless repeats.
        Andromeda Fate
        Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
        "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
        "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
        "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
        "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

The strange thing about this show is when I see a preview for a particular episode I'm thinking: "Oh, this one's going to be stupid and boring." I'm always proven wrong.

Comment

Although I love Julie B. in the most recent episode, i thought the episode itself was stupid... It had little moments i liked, but the episode as a whole wasn't appealing as past episodes.
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I like these eps because they're somewhat CSI like...
              by that I mean...in CSI, they never arrest the right guy first...

In this ep...and hookhand and the like...you know it's not the obvious target and must work thru who the controlling power/real baddy is...

ok...so it wasn't that hard in this one....but still....the story was fun.

when first saw the reaper...i turned to my wife and said...i'd get outta town before he opens his box....took her a second to get it...as shadow said above...very similar to the Gentlemen....just not as pale.
              Thanks!
              Jordan

my page
              My LJ

Comment

Okay, I'm starting to panic. For some reason our t.v. won't turn on and Sunday is tomorrow and I might miss Supernatural!! *panics*
                Andromeda Fate
                Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
                "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle

Comment

i had my friend Max Bit Torrent tape the show for me i think i missed a week tho i just watched the ep with the Grim reaper
                  Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                  sigpic

Comment

Anyone know what kind of car Sam and Dean travel in?

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                      Anyone know what kind of car Sam and Dean travel in?

i believe....but am not 100% that it's an old Chevy Impaler.
                      Thanks!
                      Jordan

my page
                      My LJ

Comment

I've heard Chevy Impala '69 and Chevy SS Chevelle '69

Comment

Those who catch repeats on Sunday I am sorry to say WB has decided to stop doing that. The only episodes are going to be on Tuesday's. I suggest whatever your watching on Tuesday instead of Supernatural you should watch Supernatural to show your support. Supernatural has been named a likely possible canidate for CW but not set in stone. Watch on Tuesday show WB how much this show means to you.

Comment

Originally posted by CurryBrown
                            Those who catch repeats on Sunday I am sorry to say WB has decided to stop doing that. The only episodes are going to be on Tuesday's. I suggest whatever your watching on Tuesday instead of Supernatural you should watch Supernatural to show your support. Supernatural has been named a likely possible canidate for CW but not set in stone. Watch on Tuesday show WB how much this show means to you.
                            Are you serious? Crap! Sometimes the show isn't on because Pistons' games air occasionally on the WB in my area. I better not miss those eps.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by CurryBrown
                              Crap!!! What am I going to do? (panics) My room mate insists on watching American Idol on Tuesdays! (yawn) I don't know anybody who would tape it for me! (begins to cry)
                              Andromeda Fate

Comment

But AI is not two hours this week so it won't overlap with Supernatural this week. Also Bush is pre-empting other program but not Supernatural this week. Get people you know who watch other stuff at that time to watch Supernatural to see if they like it. This is so we can have many people support Supernatural during this time of the merger of the UPN and WB.

But when there is a two hour episode just tell your room mate that you need to watch Supernatural to support it. American Idol is bigger than ever and is in no danger of being canceled. It will have many more seasons to come. Supernatural on the other hand is in its first season and is on a network that has been shut down due to a merger. Supernatural may be listed on press releases that it is likely to make it to the other network but there is no guarantee. Supernatural needs all the help it can get by watching it helps. Tell that to your room mate and I sure he/she will understand.

Comment

Working...
                                X