Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree Has anyone heard any news about the talks yesterday evening? I was listening to the radio on my way home from work yesterday and it sounded like both sides wanted to reach an agreement. I'm not all that optimistic though.

Comment

There is rumor that the strike will end early December &

http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=9616313798
      Last edited by OobeDoobBenubi; 27 November 2007, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Oh, that would be great if it was true. Maybe we wouldn't end up losing too many episodes then. Crossing my fingers that there is some truth to it!

And the dancing Sam and Dean elves are cute Heehee

Comment

I also keep everything crossed that allowes crossing to get maybe even the complete third season as it was supposed to be. So I'm cautiously optimistic about the negociations.
          twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
          sigpic

Comment

I was at another SPN forum just before... someone mentioned Kripke being quite confident that an agreement would be reached and that they may still get a full season out of it (or maybe only lose one episode). Here's hoping.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
              I was at another SPN forum just before... someone mentioned Kripke being quite confident that an agreement would be reached and that they may still get a full season out of it (or maybe only lose one episode). Here's hoping.
              That would make me so happy if that turns out to be the case. My fingers are definitely crossed.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Same here. Apparently there's a bit of a media blackout as far as the talks are going. Only precious little snippets seem to be coming to light. I hope we do hear something more soon.

Comment

Same here. Apparently there's a bit of a media blackout as far as the talks are going. Only precious little snippets seem to be coming to light. I hope we do hear something more soon.
                  That makes sense, actually. I would guess that extensive media coverage wouldn't really help with the negociations, especially since the media will certainly be interested/concerned with the result.
                  twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                  sigpic

Comment

Just a reminder Folks that while the writer's strike is very pertinent the TOPIC of this thread is the show itself.

There are threads discussing the writer's strike over in Both General Discussion AND in the News Folder

TameFarrar
                    GateWorld Moderator
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

What I'm most interested in from here on in, is what direction Kripke and company decide to take Sam. His storyline regarding his resurrection really intrigues me. And, of course, what lies ahead for Dean.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I would guess...
                        Spoiler:
                        that we will see "the downfall" of Sam during the rest of the season, that YED was right about Sammy turning towards evil but not out of choice, rather out of necessity to prevent something even worse, like Dean dying. That we'll see him cross the line too often, even though his motivations to do so are good and noble.
                        I would compare this perhaps with The Lord of the Rings
                        Spoiler:
                        in which Boromir is determined to do good with the powerful master ring of Sauron,
                        but still his fine intentions are corrupted because of the evil that inherits the means he has to use to achieve what he wants. And that eventually aids in making him what he has always feared to become.

And I guess that one day this will lead to a devastating confrontation between the brothers when Dean finally can't shut his eyes against the reality any more that his brother has gone too far, that Dean will finally be able to see what Sam denies to admit to himself because he finds an excuse for every single slip. But then, out of that confrontation, I think Sam at last gets the point home and starts fighting for his humanity, desperately trying to prove YED wrong.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                          Just a reminder Folks that while the writer's strike is very pertinent the TOPIC of this thread is the show itself.

There are threads discussing the writer's strike over in Both General Discussion AND in the News Folder

TameFarrar
                          GateWorld Moderator
                          Apologies if I seem rather dim here but can you post a link to one of these threads? I tried to find them in the News area (I'm guessing you mean Stargate news since I couldn't find a general News thread) and in General Discussion, but I couldn't find them.

Also did a search and nothing pertinent turned up. I must be doing something wrong...

Comment

Apologies if I seem rather dim here but can you post a link to one of these threads? I tried to find them in the News area (I'm guessing you mean Stargate news since I couldn't find a general News thread) and in General Discussion, but I couldn't find them.

Also did a search and nothing pertinent turned up. I must be doing something wrong...
                            I did a search and found these:

Writers strike affecting Season 4?

Strike-o-rama

WGA Writers Strike!
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for posting these. I don't know how I missed them the first time. Looks like there's not a whole lot of news, but then again I guess they don't know anymore about it than I do...

And now back to SPN (sorry for that little tangent there )...

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
                              I would guess...
                              Spoiler:
                              that we will see "the downfall" of Sam during the rest of the season, that YED was right about Sammy turning towards evil but not out of choice, rather out of necessity to prevent something even worse, like Dean dying. That we'll see him cross the line too often, even though his motivations to do so are good and noble.
                              I would compare this perhaps with The Lord of the Rings
                              Spoiler:
                              in which Boromir is determined to do good with the powerful master ring of Sauron,
                              but still his fine intentions are corrupted because of the evil that inherits the means he has to use to achieve what he wants. And that eventually aids in making him what he has always feared to become.

And I guess that one day this will lead to a devastating confrontation between the brothers when Dean finally can't shut his eyes against the reality any more that his brother has gone too far, that Dean will finally be able to see what Sam denies to admit to himself because he finds an excuse for every single slip. But then, out of that confrontation, I think Sam at last gets the point home and starts fighting for his humanity, desperately trying to prove YED wrong.
                              Very interesting points...

Spoiler:
                              I don't think I'd ever see Sam turning evil out of choice... it seems to be almost out of desperation, in this case to save Dean. I could see all of that starting to bother Dean, but he tries to turn a blind eye to it until he finally can't any longer...and that would probably lead to a confrontation between them.

I would love to see Sam start fighting for his humanity and prove YED wrong.

Comment

Yep, I'm really hoping something positive comes out of Monday's talks, too.

In the meantime, I have some artwork to share. I've always done Stargate artwork and now I've started branching out into Supernatural I've made a wallpaper and some icons. They're all for #3.03 Bad Day at Black Rock, so I put them under spoiler tags.

Hope you like.

Spoiler:

Click to enlarge:

very nice work JessM
                                OrangeSwirl

My Graphix LJ || scifi_abc

Comment

Working...
                                X