Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
    Ah, that really sucks! If the strike ends in a month or so, why can't they just extend the tv season into June or July and then start again in October?
    I think it depends on how long the strike will continue, if it will only be for a week or something I would think it will get a full season
    I wonder if a shortened season will result in a cheaper Season 3 boxset due to less episodes?
    I was wondering that to, not only for this series, but for all series this season

Comment

Ah, that really sucks! If the strike ends in a month or so, why can't they just extend the tv season into June or July and then start again in October?

I wonder if a shortened season will result in a cheaper Season 3 boxset due to less episodes?
      That would be nice, but I wouldn't count on that happening if the strike goes that long.

As for cheaper boxed sets, I wouldn't count on them being too much cheaper.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Tonight's episode was another strong one this season IMO. That Bella, you just have to love to hate that character. And you can definitely detect
        Spoiler:
        quite the change in Sam. Much more confrontational this season.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

okay here is the season 3 formula lol

but i don't care one bit!

Spoiler:
          so whats the formula?
          little bit of what happened before
          story set up most likely with gore moment of the week (wasn't really one this week)
          snippet of character moment
          story
          Story wrap up big character moment

and you know what? i don't give a flipping damn if its become formulaic
          it was freaking brilliant!

okay story wasn't all that exciting... but man moments that shone... and
          SPN is fab for that!
          * hehe old lady hitting on sam
          * Dean hyperventalaing heheehehehehe omg that was freaking classic hehehehehe
          * Dean in a tux

oh please please someone tell me... listen to sam's latin.... please tell me if you think the last word is 'Boobies' i swear it is!
          LMAO

and okay the final character moment OMG... the whole show could have been a repeat ... and that last moment would have carried me over....

'i don't want you to worry about me i want you to worry about yourself'
          OMG! Kripke and Singer are gods!

left me speechless....
          *fangirl moment of awed silence*
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
          ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
          Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

<is still incoherent

b/c of this... Warning, incredibly gorgeous pic ahead..
            Spoiler:

s before the Kripke god
            OrangeSwirl

My Graphix LJ || scifi_abc

Comment

A friend of mine requested an animated icon from last night... I had to oblige.

Spoiler:

Comment

Last night was the first episode from season three I didn't enjoy. I thought
                Spoiler:
                the story of the sailors got really short shrift
                and darnit, Bela rubs me the wrong way. It's disappointing to me because I think Ruby is as cute as a snarky little button. I just love Katie Cassidy, and Ruby has a point in the story. Bela's the character who was added because the network/Dawn Ostroff "suggested" it. Kripke fessed up to that in a TV Guide Q&A. She was only supposed to appear once, in Bad Day at Black Rock.

She seems superfluous to me, and she makes Dean look like an idiot. I don't know. I'm glad everyone else enjoyed it, but it was a big miss for me. Oh well. You can't win 'em all, can you? Bela just seems "added on."
                Spoiler:
                The last scene in the episode was what made it all worth it. Was it not scary how Dean literally disconnected when Sam was trying to reach him, to beg him to give a damn about himself? Dean's falling into the abyss. There's the story that interests me.
                Last edited by Moulin; 09 November 2007, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  Tonight's episode was another strong one this season IMO. That Bella, you just have to love to hate that character. And you can definitely detect
                  Spoiler:
                  quite the change in Sam. Much more confrontational this season.
                  I agree...
                  (spoilers for 3.06)

Spoiler:
                  Sam is more confrontational this season, and it's all (or mostly) tied into saving Dean.

The old lady hitting on Sam... and the way he tries to be polite but is so clearly uncomfortable... heh...

Bela is turning into a real love-to-hate character. I'm probably totally off base here, but she reminds me a bit of Vala in SG-1 - at least Vala as she was in early S9 (her comment to Dean about how they should have angry sex when this is over reminded me of Vala saying similar things to Daniel in early S9). Not too much of a direct comparison but she seemed vaguely reminiscent of Vala IMHO.

Dean did seem a bit disconnected there at the end when Sam was trying to reach him and get him to worry a little about himself. I have to wonder where this is going to lead...

Originally posted by OrangeSwirl View Post
                  <is still incoherent

b/c of this... Warning, incredibly gorgeous pic ahead..
                  *falls off chair* Oh my

Originally posted by ShelBel View Post
                  A friend of mine requested an animated icon from last night... I had to oblige.

Spoiler:
                  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/shelbel/misc/spn_sex.gif
                  good one!!

Comment

Moulin, I don't want to come across as nit pickie or anything but could you maybe use spoiler tags. I know you don't really give away many details but its enough, especially for people like me who are trying to avoid spoilers as much as possible. xx

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                      okay here is the season 3 formula lol

but i don't care one bit!

Spoiler:
                      so whats the formula?
                      little bit of what happened before
                      story set up most likely with gore moment of the week (wasn't really one this week)
                      snippet of character moment
                      story
                      Story wrap up big character moment

and you know what? i don't give a flipping damn if its become formulaic
                      it was freaking brilliant!

okay story wasn't all that exciting... but man moments that shone... and
                      SPN is fab for that!
                      * hehe old lady hitting on sam
                      * Dean hyperventalaing heheehehehehe omg that was freaking classic hehehehehe
                      * Dean in a tux

oh please please someone tell me... listen to sam's latin.... please tell me if you think the last word is 'Boobies' i swear it is!
                      LMAO

and okay the final character moment OMG... the whole show could have been a repeat ... and that last moment would have carried me over....

'i don't want you to worry about me i want you to worry about yourself'
                      OMG! Kripke and Singer are gods!

left me speechless....
                      *fangirl moment of awed silence*

You're exactly right about the "formula". And I don't care either. I enjoyed episode 6 very much. It's not the best ever episode of Supernatural but still very good.

Spoiler:
                      And Dean in a tux is to die for. Loved watching the old lady groping and fondling poor Sam and loved how much Dean was enjoying Sam's predicament. I also enjoyed Bella. Sure she's a con artist and a sneak and a liar, but she's still fun.
                      Good serious bit at the end of the episode too. Dean just keeps blowing everything off.

Comment

I just think tension between Sam and Dean is going to keep building more and more. Dean really seems to not care anymore about the fate that lies ahead for him, and that is really ticking Sam off.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Dean doesn't want to hope. He's given up. It's easier than fighting to live. He's got to reach the point where he cares enough about himself to fight. Caring about Sam does him no good at this point.

Oh, here's a description of the boys at the con today by CWSource in New Orleans. It's pretty cute.
                          CW Source 38

I thought you might like this little blurb in particular.
                          * Master Sergeant Kevin Wise, a Special Forces soldier, presented the guys with a letter from General David Petraeus, commander of the Multi-National Force in Iraq, as well as honorary Special Forces coins from his unit. Supernatural is the most requested DVD among armed forces personnel in Iraq and Afghanistan! The guys were amazed and touched, and presented Wise with a shooting script, signed by the cast and crew.

Comment

Thanks for posting this! I've been trying to keep up with news about the con. I read a report on LiveJournal from someone who was there, and she said both of them were very moved by this, I think almost to the point of trying to hold back tears.

It is quite an honor to receive something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                              Thanks for posting this! I've been trying to keep up with news about the con. I read a report on LiveJournal from someone who was there, and she said both of them were very moved by this, I think almost to the point of trying to hold back tears.

It is quite an honor to receive something like this.
                              Definitely an honor. It is really great to hear something like that.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

wow that is awesome.

ShelBel, thanks for turning that into an icon. I loved Dean's response to Bella. But of course I far more enjoy seeing Sam in a suit...

I fully support the strike, despite how depressed this is going to make me when the episodes for the season run out. But rock on, writers.

Comment

Working...
                                X