Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some quick thoughts on the finale:

Spoiler:
    I REALLY didn't like the song they played through the "previously on"s. It just didn't seem to fit the mood. However, once I got past that, it was a pretty good episode. Dean is, yes, still the King of Angst. I'm assuming the two arcs next season will be the demon war and the attempt to break the deal on Dean's life.

Sam was acting a little strange when he killed Jake. I hadn't thought about him not being him though, Shadowmaat. I figured the YED was just saying that to get Dean going. Hmmm. Yes, if there really is some doubt (and now that you've mentioned it, I have some ), I hope it gets cleared up quickly. Like you said, that would get old.

Why didn't Jake tear the track up to let the demon through? He was supposed to have superstrength right? It's a nitpicky point, but that's what I was expecting, so I was curious if there was something I missed.

Is it bad that I kept having Buffy flashbacks during this episode? Someone needs to let the Council know there's a new Hellmouth in Wyoming! *grin*
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
      Hmm. Bit of something for everyone in this ep. Who plays Jake, BTW? He seems familiar.
      His name's Aldis Hodge. He's had roles in a whole bunch of things since the mid 90's.

1hr 45min left... the wait is killing me....

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        Some quick thoughts:

Spoiler:
        I REALLY didn't like the song they played through the "previously on"s. It just didn't seem to fit the mood. However, once I got past that, it was a pretty good episode. Dean is, yes, still the King of Angst. I'm assuming the two arcs next season will be the demon war and the attempt to break the deal on Dean's life.

Sam was acting a little strange when he killed Jake. I hadn't thought about him not being him though, Shadowmaat. I figured the YED was just saying that to get Dean going. Hmmm. Yes, if there really is some doubt (and now that you've mentioned it, I have some ), I hope it gets cleared up quickly. Like you said, that would get old.

Why didn't Jake tear the track up to let the demon through? He was supposed to have superstrength right? It's a nitpicky point, but that's what I was expecting, so I was curious if there was something I missed.

Is it bad that I kept having Buffy flashbacks during this episode? Someone needs to let the Council know there's a new Hellmouth in Wyoming! *grin*
        Full of angsty goodness, for sure. Glad I wasn't the only one who thought
        it might be a good idea to
        Spoiler:
        find Rupert Giles. Buffy flashbacks aplenty for me too.
        sigpic
        David Fangirldom Times Two...Potentially Dangerous, But I'm On It.
        "You can't fly a Dalek! There's people in there..."--David Hewlett

Comment

Is the YED played by the guy who played Kate's federal marshal dude in Lost? *checks* Yep. Thought I remembered that.

Aldis. Hm. Maybe he just has one of those faces (and voices) because I'm not seeing anything on IMDB to account for the feeling of familiarity.

Comment

yes, people, spoiler tags are your friend

Don't spoil the finale for those that haven't seen it yet. takes all the fun out of it for them
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Words can't even really describe properly how much I enjoyed this finale. What a great way to set up Season 3.

Yeah, I'm kind of
              Spoiler:
              disappointed the YED is dead, but ShadowMatt is probably very right about him only being a toady for something much worse now free from Hell. The war and trying to break the deal Dean made should keep the brothers very busy next season.

By the way, anyone know when Season 2 is supposed to come out on DVD?
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I feel like I have some basis for my suspicion about the YED (like something was mentioned earlier in the season) but maybe I'm thinking of something else. I've been reading/watching lots of hunt-the-demon stuff lately. Still, doesn't make my theory any less valid. Gotta say, though...

Spoiler:
                If ol' Yellow Eyes was just the servant to something worse, I shudder to think what that Something Worse might be.

Comment

Gotta say, though...

Spoiler:
                  If ol' Yellow Eyes was just the servant to something worse, I shudder to think what that Something Worse might be.
                  I definitely second that. If that is the case though, things should get even more interesting for the Winchester brothers.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well, they gotta kick it up a notch every season, and after this season (and that finale)... the bar's looking awfully high.

And just imagine the angst and drama for the fall! I can hardly wait!

Comment

*walks in with eyes close..promptly walks in to a wall*

one hour to go! SQUEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
                      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Slightly off topic, but I've been meaning to ask... where is the "a" coming from in squea? I've only ever seen it as squee before, and while I get the idea of squealing it just looks odd. It IS just an alternate spelling, right? Not some other, deeper meaning beyond a simple squee?

Comment

Slightly off topic, but I've been meaning to ask... where is the "a" coming from in squea? I've only ever seen it as squee before, and while I get the idea of squealing it just looks odd. It IS just an alternate spelling, right? Not some other, deeper meaning beyond a simple squee?
                          i'm canadian 'squee eh?'

1/2 hour to go

WHOOT WHOOT!
                          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

i saw it i just... i

wow

Spoiler:
                            *sob* THEIR DAD *SOB*

*paris is incoherent*
                            Spoiler:

Comment

really great ep, seems like season 3 might be even better then s2 ...

and

Spoiler:
                              daddy saved his boys, by climbing out of hell ...
                              VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

*is slightly more composed...but only slightly*

OMG ....

Spoiler:
                                When i heard the opening few licks of wayward son... i just about died a fangirls death hehe.... i think i have been so excited that when i heard the music i was just like 'yeah this is it and its going to kick ass'... and it did

freaking brilliant every damned second of it
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X