X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    And what do we know of him, of Paul?
    Not a great deal, what do we know of Lyla?
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Maggie: She's a detective. She's gay. Her gayness was not accepted by her Latin family, and she's from a small town. That's it. Most of it is surprisingly centered on her gayness.
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Well, I'm seeing it all differently...
        I really don't like the Kara/Mon-El relationship because of various reasons. IMO young girls who watch this show shouldn't aspire to this type of relationship. It's unheslthy IMO

Love your sig BTW. I miss the sister relationship. Doesn't look like we're gonna get it back any time soon unfortunately, if ever

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        If anything Kara had been annoying me a lot this season.
        I hate what they have done to her character this season, after such a wonderful first season with her. They've stripped her character down to next to nothing. It's become so bad that I was ready to throw in the towel and then they had to go announce Katie McGrath being promoted to series regular. That's just cruel.Now I have no choice but to stick with it.

They should rename it Supergirl 90210

Is it CBS that owns CW? If so does that mean CBS is the mature grown-up and CW is the dreaded teenager?
        sigpic

Comment

I don't think we dislike her for the same reasons. I find her being arrogant and self-centred
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Went shopping today. Found the perfect match to the shirt the DEO agents wear -- it's a rather expensive thermal undershirt by Icebreaker. Makes a perfect addition to my hiking gear too. Gonna love wearing it.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            Not a great deal, what do we know of Lyla?
            A great deal more than we do of Paul.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
              They should rename it Supergirl 90210

Is it CBS that owns CW? If so does that mean CBS is the mature grown-up and CW is the dreaded teenager?
              That title suggestion is completely appropriate.

The CW as the dreaded teenager, I'm not so sure of. "The 100" is a CW show, and the pack of teenagers in that have behaved in a mostly adult manner.

Comment

I don't think we dislike her for the same reasons. I find her being arrogant and self-centred
                I thought season 1 Kara, the way she grew to become a confident and independent young woman a breath of fresh air. Then they ruin all that in season 2 by making her all lovesick for an egotistical fratboy that never listens and keeps secrets from her. Also the way they've isolated her from her friends and sister is becoming frustrating. In season 1 during the black mercy thing Alex told us Kara's job meant everything to her. Gave her a sense of normalcy so her friends done all they coulkd to protect her job, now in season 2 all she cares about is Supergirl and Mon-El? It's like they took season 1 and flipped it around to do the complete opposite in season 2 Spoilers for Supergirl/Flash crossover
                Spoiler:
                At the end of Supergirl she was so mad at Mon-El for the lies that she told him she deserved better or something to that effect. In the Flash she's like everything is forgiven. Guess she doesn't deserve better after all *facepalm*
                I'm starting to think she has split pe3rsonality disorder, or is actually a white martian. It would certainly explain a lot this season. As for Alex/Maggie. Initially I thought the coming out was handled quite well and liked them together but it seems like they're now just the token gay couple on the show, pushed into scenes for no apparent reason other than to have the gay couple have a few seconds screen time to kep some folks happy. There doesn't seem to be any real direction where they're going with this.

I also can't believe i'm saying this but I miss James I wasn't a lover of the guardian angle but I'd much rather have him than Mon-El. That guy is really starting to irritate me

On a sad note, it'll be a month before we get to see Lena again? I don't think I'll watch next week episode so it'll be a long wait

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                It is unfortunately. I just hope they reaalise what they've done and try fix some of it in season 3 or I can't see them getting renewed for a fourth season

The CW as the dreaded teenager, I'm not so sure of. "The 100" is a CW show, and the pack of teenagers in that have behaved in a mostly adult manner.
                You have a point there. I guess I'm getting fed-up with the romance drama on The Flash and Suoergirl. Arrow seems to be behaving in that respects lately and I haven't seen the last couple of eps in Legends but that doesn't seem that bad either
                sigpic

Comment

Why does a relationship have to go anywhere?
                  Can't it just be a relationship between two people? With ups and downs? Like you know, relationships go (or so I've heard since I have no experience with that).

Comment

The 100 is their attempt to expand their viewer base. Same thing with the DC shows, though Supergirl came with a preset target audience, they didn't change that. That said, The 100's premise makes conventional relationship tropes rather difficult as opposed to Arrow and the other DC shows.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

You have a point there. I guess I'm getting fed-up with the romance drama on The Flash and Suoergirl. Arrow seems to be behaving in that respects lately and I haven't seen the last couple of eps in Legends but that doesn't seem that bad either
                      I am more than fed up with it. I don't watch this type of show for relationship content.
                      I started watching Supergirl because of my interest in the Superman franchise overall (except "Lois and Clark" I think it was, with Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher?, too much teenage crap). S1 was pretty good, but as you note, this season is an emo pit.
                      The only exposure to the other CW shows in this stable are the crossover episodes they've done this year, and they did not entice to continue watching Flash or anything else, too much teen angst for my taste. I got out of Jr. High school a long time back and have no wish to return.

Comment

I am more than fed up with it. I don't watch this type of show for relationship content.
                        I started watching Supergirl because of my interest in the Superman franchise overall (except "Lois and Clark" I think it was, with Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher?, too much teenage crap). S1 was pretty good, but as you note, this season is an emo pit.
                        The only exposure to the other CW shows in this stable are the crossover episodes they've done this year, and they did not entice to continue watching Flash or anything else, too much teen angst for my taste. I got out of Jr. High school a long time back and have no wish to return.
                        I don't mind romance in shows, but no when it's taking over the show to the detriment of everything else. Have it there but have it more in the background instead of banging us over the head with it. Supergirl and the flash have become so tedious this season. I think Arrow has toned it down a bit thankfully but I'd like to see Supergirl get back to what made it so good in season 1. For whatever reason they've lost their way in season 2

https://medium.com/@its42wallabyway/...0e5#.j77ls9wxd
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't mind romance in shows, but no when it's taking over the show to the detriment of everything else. Have it there but have it more in the background instead of banging us over the head with it. Supergirl and the flash have become so tedious this season. I think Arrow has toned it down a bit thankfully but I'd like to see Supergirl get back to what made it so good in season 1. For whatever reason they've lost their way in season 2

https://medium.com/@its42wallabyway/...0e5#.j77ls9wxd
                          I rather suspect the "reason" translates to "disposable income". Advertisers want young skulls full of mush whom they can get to buy whatever their selling, and CW wants to show them children who are facing same social problem these kids have in their own lives to attract this audience.

Comment

...(except "Lois and Clark" I think it was, with Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher?, too much teenage crap)....
                            The only Superman show I ever watched on a regular basis.

Comment

I suspect fans are making a big deal out of little things because they do that
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

I suspect fans are making a big deal out of little things because they do that
                                Isn't that part of the definition of a fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X