Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    Spoiler:
    Ezra already saw the twin sons. If they go to Tatooine, I'd find it hard to believe that Ezra or Kanan wouldn't sense Luke.
    [
    Spoiler:
    Good point. While I'm thinking about this, has it every been mentioned just how strong in the Force either Ezra or Kanan are? I can't think of a moment when that was mentioned. I also haven't seen any of Season 3 yet.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Spoiler:
      Ezra already saw the twin sons. If they go to Tatooine, I'd find it hard to believe that Ezra or Kanan wouldn't sense Luke.
      [
      Spoiler:
      Generally speaking there requires a level of proximity for Jedi to sense force wielders, and at the time when they would go, Luke would not be actively using the Force or even know what the Force is. I mean in a New Hope Vader was practically in orbit of Tanooine when his Destroyer took over the Rebel Blockade Runner and felt neither Luke or Obi-Wan, not to mention repeatedly being in the presence of Leia who theoretically has the same Force potential as Luke does and never felt a thing.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        Spoiler:
        Generally speaking there requires a level of proximity for Jedi to sense force wielders, and at the time when they would go, Luke would not be actively using the Force or even know what the Force is. I mean in a New Hope Vader was practically in orbit of Tanooine when his Destroyer took over the Rebel Blockade Runner and felt neither Luke or Obi-Wan, not to mention repeatedly being in the presence of Leia who theoretically has the same Force potential as Luke does and never felt a thing.

Spoiler:
        I'm banking on Ezra's special connection to the force. Though, like I said before, it looks like it is damaged. But I definitely see Obi Wan factoring into an episode near down the road.

I am now waiting for a Mara Jade analog to show up too. I mean...wouldn't she be an amazing foil for both Ezra and Sabine? One can only hope.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
          I'm banking on Ezra's special connection to the force. Though, like I said before, it looks like it is damaged. But I definitely see Obi Wan factoring into an episode near down the road.

I am now waiting for a Mara Jade analog to show up too. I mean...wouldn't she be an amazing foil for both Ezra and Sabine? One can only hope.
          If they do include someone similar to Jade I'd hope they'd be more of a villain turned anti-hero more than anything else.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Spoiler:

A Mara like character sounds very interesting.

However, if they wanted a rogue Force user to cause problems, couldn't they bring Ventress back? Unless of course they killed her off in one of the new books or something.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
              If they do include someone similar to Jade I'd hope they'd be more of a villain turned anti-hero more than anything else.
              I kinda like the idea of this "Mara Jade" thinking she's doing the right thing by siding with the Empire. She can become disillusioned by some of its actions and yet still hostile to the rebellion. I kinda liked that about her at first. (I didn't read Zahn's trilogy until after I read other things first that had Mara Jade in before she went all rebellious)
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

With Thrawn's introduction to nuCanon, I don't know that I'd expect a Mara Jade analogue to appear any time soon. Thrawn was really the "big thing" for this season; big announcement at celebration, new book by the original author, etc. I'd be surprised if Mara Jade turned up as well. Pleasantly surprised, but surprised just the same.

And oh man I really hope they don't do an Obi-Wan episode. I love the idea of him hiding/in exile for nearly 20 years. It's so lonely and haunting a concept/thought that I'd hate to see it overturned for a random 20 minute adventure like his mission on Tatooine means nothing.

Re: last weekend's episode
                Spoiler:
                I quite liked it. Cham's deformed forehead still weirds me out, but I love getting more development for the characters who don't get quite so much attention (read: every character other than Kanan and Ezra). Seeing some love for Hera, a bit more on their familial customs and her family home, the reappearance of Gobi and Numa, really glad to see that. I seem to remember chatter from Celebration this summer that we'd get some development for Sabine as well - can't wait to see that too!
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yeah, I agree, as much as I want to se Obi Wan again, bringing him back does ruin the magic of it...

Comment

It would cause way too many questions and problems with continuity.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      With Thrawn's introduction to nuCanon, I don't know that I'd expect a Mara Jade analogue to appear any time soon. Thrawn was really the "big thing" for this season; big announcement at celebration, new book by the original author, etc. I'd be surprised if Mara Jade turned up as well. Pleasantly surprised, but surprised just the same.

And oh man I really hope they don't do an Obi-Wan episode. I love the idea of him hiding/in exile for nearly 20 years. It's so lonely and haunting a concept/thought that I'd hate to see it overturned for a random 20 minute adventure like his mission on Tatooine means nothing.

Re: last weekend's episode
                      Spoiler:
                      I quite liked it. Cham's deformed forehead still weirds me out, but I love getting more development for the characters who don't get quite so much attention (read: every character other than Kanan and Ezra). Seeing some love for Hera, a bit more on their familial customs and her family home, the reappearance of Gobi and Numa, really glad to see that. I seem to remember chatter from Celebration this summer that we'd get some development for Sabine as well - can't wait to see that too!
                      Spoiler:
                      Looks like we may be getting some Sabine stuff this week!

Comment

After watching ep 3, it got me thinking. Agent Callus is similar to Sinjir from the Aftermath books. I wonder if he will defect or be an inside man.

After episode 3, i reckon Maul was talking about Obi-Wan. Hopefully later on he'll track him to Tatooine where they battle for one last time. After, obi-wan goes into hiding.
                        Last edited by GodAtum; 20 November 2016, 01:16 PM.
                        "You don't know half of it".
                        Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                        (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Yeah, now that you mention it Agent Callus is similar to Sinjir. hahah. I never thought of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheredowego111 View Post
                            Yeah, now that you mention it Agent Callus is similar to Sinjir. hahah. I never thought of that.

Callus is way too uptight to be compared to Sinjir.
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Well, looks like Agent Callus is an inside man, but for how long before Thrawn turns him...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                Well, looks like Agent Callus is an inside man, but for how long before Thrawn turns him...
                                Sounds interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X