No announcement yet.

Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens.Spoilers/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Giacchino says John Williams should be the one to compose the soundtrack for Episode VII.

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/s...VII_151114.asp
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Michael Giacchino says John Williams should be the one to compose the soundtrack for Episode VII.

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/s...VII_151114.asp
      What a coincidence... just a few hours after this comment I sang the Indiana Jones theme(I was in a good mood)...
      As for the news: HELL YES. This movie better not go wrong.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question, but has there been any confirmation one way or another about what the new movies are going to do regarding the EU? I guess I'd just assumed it was all going to effectively be jossed, but is there some indication otherwise, at least that they might include some of the characters from the books (Mara Jade, etc)?
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
          Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question, but has there been any confirmation one way or another about what the new movies are going to do regarding the EU? I guess I'd just assumed it was all going to effectively be jossed, but is there some indication otherwise, at least that they might include some of the characters from the books (Mara Jade, etc)?
          No, not a stupid question at all. But unfortunately, it's one that Disney has left us hanging on ever since the acquisition. With the news of a sequel trilogy as well as standalone films every year, it seems to me very unlikely that the existing EU has any hope of survival.

But to be clear: no, they have not given an answer one way or another about the fate of the EU.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Thanks. Yeah, I'd kind of assumed that the EU was history (so to speak), but I thought I might have missed something.
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              No, not a stupid question at all. But unfortunately, it's one that Disney has left us hanging on ever since the acquisition. With the news of a sequel trilogy as well as standalone films every year, it seems to me very unlikely that the existing EU has any hope of survival.

But to be clear: no, they have not given an answer one way or another about the fate of the EU.
              Personally, I think it would be easier for them to use the EU. All the fans of the books and games would flock to see the movies as opposed to risking story lines that might just not catch too many people's attention past the first of the films. Then again, the Star Wars name might just be enough to get it going.
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

I haven't read any of the books so I don't know anything about what happened in the EU. I occasionally go to a SW fan site and they are having fits about what will happen with the EU, I tried to tell them about AU and if it makes it easier that there are several AU for SW but I got told that is Star Trek

here is a link to the board

http://boards.theforce.net/

I just hope Han & Leia have at least 1 child and Luke has a child with someone and they all go off on an adventure.

I really can't wait for this new movies series to start
                Last edited by poundpuppy29; 01 May 2013, 02:35 PM.
                sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22491025
                  Star Wars VII to be filmed in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22491025
                    Star Wars VII to be filmed in the UK
                    Nice.
                    Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                      Personally, I think it would be easier for them to use the EU. All the fans of the books and games would flock to see the movies as opposed to risking story lines that might just not catch too many people's attention past the first of the films. Then again, the Star Wars name might just be enough to get it going.
                      Easier for who? Not the people making the film. I'm not saying I disagree that they should try to have "some respect" for the EU, but I can't see how it would be easier as it adds quite a few restraints to the creative team behind the new project(s).
                      sigpic

Comment

I disagree I think most people only know the movies and I am a scifi fanatic and I don't read the books most of the people probably only know the movies the EU means nothing to them I think they will probably just create a new story and not worry about the EU I think the greater number of people will be mainstream people not the SW hard core fans IMHO
                        sigpic
                        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                          Easier for who? Not the people making the film. I'm not saying I disagree that they should try to have "some respect" for the EU, but I can't see how it would be easier as it adds quite a few restraints to the creative team behind the new project(s).
                          Well, book adaptations tend to do fabulous in that area...just ask the Hunger Games (One of the more recent examples). Sure, I expect there to be differences, but by taking general premises it would help the EU community (Writers and Comic Book creator peeps) adapt to any changes and plicate the less nerdy/geeky/obsessive/anal retentive/whathaveyou fans of the EU.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

I just really, really hope Kyle Katarn is in whatever they make.
                            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                              I just really, really hope Kyle Katarn is in whatever they make.
                              Kyle would be interesting to see but I'd like to cast a vote for Corran Horn too.
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Who's Corran Horn?

Comment

Working...
                                X