Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Clone Wars: Season 5 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked it! Even though I don't understand why Cato Neimoida--a Separatist-aligned world--would have been under attack by the Separatists
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      I liked it! Even though I don't understand why Cato Neimoida--a Separatist-aligned world--would have been under attack by the Separatists
      Because their ties to the Seperatists were through the Trade Federation, so they were technically still part of the Republic.
      Meh...

Comment

It wasn't, though. Cato Neimoidia was one of the key worlds of the Confederacy. It wasn't even attacked by the Republic (so far as has appeared thus far) until 19 BBY, shortly before Revenge of the Sith (these events happened in Labryinth of Evil). The planet was also identified as Separatist in a part of one of the official Star Wars Insider magazines....
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Well, then I don't know. I was just parroting what Wookieepedia says.
          Meh...

Comment

Thanks for the reminder to watch the current episode

Comment

Decent Episode
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

Sabotage trivia:

Spoiler:
                MASTERS OF SUSPENSE
                The four episodes of this arc are all named after Alfred Hitchcock films: Sabotage (1936), The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934), To Catch a Thief (1955), and The Wrong Man (1955).

SPELL IT BACKWARDS
                Cin Drallig is a character from Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. He is seen in the hologram of Anakin's attack on the Jedi Temple. There, he was played by stunt coordinator and sword master Nick Gillard.

JEDI IDEALISM
                "I'm afraid one can become the other," says Anakin, referring to past political idealists who have betrayed the Jedi, including Count Dooku and General Krell from Season Four. It's ironic, given his future.

YEEEAAAAAHHHH!
                Russo-ISC's speech pattern, name, and habit of flipping his visor to punctuate his speech are all nods to David Caruso's role in CSI Miami.

ROCKET MAN
                Seen briefly aboard the gunship in the first arc are 501st jetpack troopers with Captain Rex. These are the latest incarnation of a type of trooper seen in the feature film accompanying Anakin Skywalker in attacking an Octuptarra droid on Christophsis.

STILL LUCKY AFTER FIVE SEASONS
                The gunship that carries Rex on Cato Neimoidia is the Lucky Lekku, the one seen since the very start of the series. It has amassed quite the impressive number of kills on its nose.

BE ON GUARD FOR MORE
                Glimpsed briefly on the Jedi Temple grounds are the Temple Guards. We will see more of them in this arc.

SIGNS OF THE TIMES
                In addition to an image of a crossed-out clone trooper, the Temple protestor signs say "The Jedi are corrupt," and "Stop cloning violence."

ACCUSATORY WORD PLAY
                When ensnaring Letta with her own words, Anakin points out that no one said to her that Jackar was dead...and he's right. What Ahsoka said was, "Someone made Jackar the bomb." Unless you were tipped off that the nano-droids were in Jackar's bloodstream, that phrase would ordinarily mean that someone created a bomb for Jackar.

NEW STARFIGHTER UNVEILED
                This is the first episode to debut the Episode III-style Jedi starfighter. Sure enough, Anakin manages to get his fighter destroyed in its first appearance.

Comment

I liked this weeks episode though I wish that they would have explained a little more about the situation on Cato Neimodia. As someone said earlier I thought that Cato Neimodia was a Separtist planet not a Republic one. Also I liked how this episode had a plot which involved alot of mystery. I wonder though how the evidence is going to point towards Ahsoka and if she actually was involved in the bombing of the Temple.
                  1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
                  5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
                  6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 14:1-6

Comment

I think the only explanation of Cato Neimoidia we're likely to get is that they were double-dealing; supporting the Separatists while still nominally a member of the Republic. So the Jedi/Republic label it an invasion if CIS ships show up on one of 'their' worlds, even if the place isn't particularly friendly to Republic interests.

Comment

First preview for episode 18

Comment

Dammit, must spread reps. Good find!

Coruscant Guards!! And great music too, wonderfully reminiscent of the Imperial March up till walking into the cell

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post

First preview for episode 18
                          Thanks for the link, Teddybrown!!

This arc keeps looking more and more interesting.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I finally caught up with Sabotage, I love the idea of people protesting against the war. Really starting to see how the population supported or would have supported Order 66 in Episode III. Ashoka has really grown into a good character.

Although I was also confused with the Cato Nemoidia thing. I can understand the greedy planet doing the double dealing thing but still...its odd.

Comment

This season has been really good thus far. I really hope this show continues on next season, no matter what channel it has to air on.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Another interesting clip...

Comment

Working...
                                X