Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Clone Wars: Season 5 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the links, Digi!!!

I can't wait for this arc to start!!!!!
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Wow, so uh...Eminence was AWESOME. I can't wait for next week!
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

i got a feeling the battle of mandalore is going to have many casualties.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          i got a feeling the battle of mandalore is going to have many casualties.
          What could have possibly given you that idea?
          Meh...

Comment

I've actually heard that several major characters bite the bullet in this story
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I can't wait to see the rest of this arc!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                I've actually heard that several major characters bite the bullet in this story
                put his fingers in his ears and hum loudly* don't wanna know.

Comment

Originally posted by Livestick View Post
                  What could have possibly given you that idea?
                  oh just the army that maul and death watch were creating.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    put his fingers in his ears and hum loudly* don't wanna know.
                    Oh I wouldn't say, unless someone asked. And even then I'd hide it in spoiler tags and write warnings both above and below

Comment

Eminence trivia:

BELIEVE IT OR NOT
                      The discovery of the incapacitated Sith brothers, nearly frozen in a drifting starship, was staged as an homage to the opening scenes of Aliens (1986) wherein Ripley is found by a salvage team.

BIG BROTHER, LITTLE BROTHER
                      Now that Maul has humanoid artificial legs, he is much shorter than the lumbering Savage Opress, a point made clear when Opress stands and bangs his head on the operating theater's overhead light on Zanbar.

REBUILDING TOOLS
                      The mechanical arms that operate on the Sith brothers (orange inset) are repurposed mining equipment previously seen on the moon of Concordia (green inset), which Pre Vizsla governed in Season Two's "The Mandalore Plot." (Image)

BLACK SUN ORIGINS
                      Black Sun was originally developed for Shadows of the Empire, a multimedia Expanded Universe Star Wars story released in 1996 as a novel, comics series, video game, and collectibles. The Black Sun symbol comes from that source, as does the look of the Falleen leaders.

A HINT OF THE VIRAGO
                      The architecture of the Black Sun installation on Mustafar is distinct from previous facilities seen on the lava planet. In fact, the main fortress (illustrated here by Wayne Lo) resembles the shape and lines of the Virago, starship of Prince Xizor in Shadows of the Empire (inset illustration by Doug Chiang). (Image)

FAMILIAR BLASTER DESIGN
                      The Black Sun foot soldier blasters were inspired by a similar weapon used by the robot guards seen in The Black Hole.

STUKA CRISPO
                      All the Huttese dialogue in the episode was translated from English. The phrase "Stuka Crispo," heard uttered by Jabba the Hutt, means "Death Watch."

SPICE STAINS
                      As evidence of their stock and trade, the mouths and fingers of the Pykes are stained by spice.

HEADS WILL ROLL
                      A more stunning version of Savage throwing his lightsaber down the length of the table and decapitating the Black Sun leaders exists, but it was edited for broadcast. The complete version will appear on the Blu-ray and DVD release.

IF THE GAUNTLET FITS
                      The Mandalorian Gauntlet ships in this episode are smaller versions of the larger ones seen in previous seasons. They also feature a new ventral deployment rack that makes excellent use of the jetpack-wearing warriors.

Comment

Our season so far:

5.01 Revival [note that this seems to take place before Eminence
                        5.02 A War on Two Fronts
                        5.03 Front Runners
                        5.04 The Soft War
                        5.05 Tipping Points
                        5.06 The Gathering
                        5.07 A Test of Strength
                        5.08 Bound for Rescue
                        5.09 A Necessary Bond
                        5.10 Secret Weapons
                        5.11 A Sunny Day in the Void
                        5.12 Missing in Action
                        5.13 Point of No Return
                        5.14 Eminence
                        5.15 Shades of Reason [Jan 26]
                        5.16 The Lawless [Feb 2]

Some notes on things to come...

A while back, there were three episode titles announced: An Old Friend, The Rise of Clovis, andCrisis at the Heart. These episodes apparently form a trilogy about the character Rush Clovis.

Four new episode titles recently appeared on Zap2It: Sabotage, The Jedi Who Knew Too Much, To Catch a Jedi, and The Wrong Jedi, and it seems that this will be an Ahsoka-centric story arc.

Now, anybody doing the math might notice that seven un-placed episode titles at this point would add up to 23 episode--one episode longer than this season is set to be. It seems that even the Clovis arc's writer doesn't know exactly what's going on, so it's possible that it may get bumped to Season 6. However, even with a four-episode story arc following the completion of the Maul/Savage/Death Watch story, that still only puts us at 20 episodes.
                        Last edited by DigiFluid; 23 January 2013, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Just caught up on the episodes missed, enjoyed the droid arc but have to agree, glad thats over.

Now, onto our next story arc... This looks like its going to be awesome!
                          Mauls amassed a very impressive army in a very short space of time... Thought the bounty hunters were goners though
                          Really looking forward to the coming episodes, especially the appearance of
                          Spoiler:
                          Palpatine...
                          Im thinking Savage will bite in the coming episodes... Not sure who else, maybe Satine? (Think thats her name) Oh, and the rebel Mandalorian leader and his friend...

Also, interested to see the unedited sabre throw by Savage

Doesnt Ahsokas arc feature
                          Spoiler:
                          Ventress?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                            Also, interested to see the unedited sabre throw by Savage
                            I'm interested in that myself.

Comment

I'm so behind.... just watched Front Runners & The Soft War, i had already seen Front Runners (last year), but i'm doing a mini marathon of Season 5 so i can catch up
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

Interesting...both Zap2It and Teletoon are reporting The Wrong Jedi (episode 5.20) as the season finale. Looks like we might be getting a shortened season this year after all.

And from Teletoon, the single sentence blurb for the season finale episode:
                                Spoiler:
                                With Ahsoka on the run, Anakin, who continues to believe in Ahsoka’s innocence, hunts for the truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X