Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Clone Wars: Season 5 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This looks like it will be an interesting arc...

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Me too. I wonder,

Spoiler:
      Will her being framed for whatever it is (if she really is being framed) and going on the run from the authorities be how they choose to write her character out of the show?
      Spoiler:
      That would be an interesting way to do it. I get the feeling that she could disappear for a while while the folks at Disney and Filoni decide what will happen to her before the series ends.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Also, the TCW sub-site for this weekend's episode, Shades of Reason, has now gone live.

As usual, there's a preview gallery featuring several screenshots and concept art, as well as two video preview.

The first video preview features
        Spoiler:
        Satine addressing a discontent crowd in the Mandalorian city, who is interrupted by Pre Vizsla arriving and rallying the people behind him and Death Watch rather than Satine's New Mandalorians,

while the second preview clip
        Spoiler:
        is a strategy session of the Shadow Conspiracy, deciding on the best way to capture Mandalore.

Hoorah, can't wait!
        Thanks for the links, Digi!!!!!!!

I can't wait for the rest of this arc to unfold.

Comment

Just caught up on about 6 episodes of Clone Wars. I have to say, the Droid story bored me. That said, I did really enjoy Gregor and I look forward to the character making an reappearance if possible, even if it's a prequel to the episode involving the Battle of Serrash.

Loving the new Maul/Black Watch stories.

sigpic

Comment

Ha, another terrific episode! Can it be next week now, please?
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

so Pre Vizla is dead and Maul seems to be nuttier than a fruit cake.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                so Pre Vizla is dead and Maul seems to be nuttier than a fruit cake.
                Use spoiler tags next time please?
                Some of us have to wait for the episodes...

Seen it now, clever play by Maul, next weeks episode is going to be awesome!

Comment

Shades of Reason trivia:

ROBES OF CRIMINAL COMMAND
                  Ziton Moj, first dressed as a guard for the Falleen crime lords, now wears the robes of Black Sun leadership.

RETURN TO THE PEACE PARK
                  The Peace Park that Ziton Moj attacks was first seen in the Season Two episode, "The Mandalore Plot." It still bears the scars of the Death Watch bombing from that episode.

CUBIST MASTERPIECE
                  The plaza mural at the foot of the royal platform has an enormous cubist artwork depicting a battle between ancient Mandalorians and Jedi Knights. This is done in a style reminiscent of Pablo Picasso's famed work, Guernica. This is a different painting than a similar mural seen in Governor Vizsla's residence in "The Mandalore Plot." (Image)

CRUSADER ARTWORK
                  The mural directly beneath the speaking balcony depicts Mandalorian crusaders in battle with Jedi. It can be seen clearly when Prime Minister Almec addresses the citizens.

TOUR DROID
                  The tour guide droid that gets blasted in Peace Park has the same body design as the rickshaw droid that gave Anakin Skywalker and Padmé Amidala a lift in Mos Espa in Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones.

MANDALORIAN ARCHITECTURE
                  The Mandalore Banking Center is a redesign of the Mandalorian hospital seen in Season Three.

HEADS WILL ROLL (CONTINUED)
                  At one point, Vizsla's defeat included his head visibly rolling down the stairs, but this was removed very early on in story development as being too graphic.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Shades of Reason trivia:

ROBES OF CRIMINAL COMMAND
                    Ziton Moj, first dressed as a guard for the Falleen crime lords, now wears the robes of Black Sun leadership.

RETURN TO THE PEACE PARK
                    The Peace Park that Ziton Moj attacks was first seen in the Season Two episode, "The Mandalore Plot." It still bears the scars of the Death Watch bombing from that episode.

CUBIST MASTERPIECE
                    The plaza mural at the foot of the royal platform has an enormous cubist artwork depicting a battle between ancient Mandalorians and Jedi Knights. This is done in a style reminiscent of Pablo Picasso's famed work, Guernica. This is a different painting than a similar mural seen in Governor Vizsla's residence in "The Mandalore Plot." (Image)

CRUSADER ARTWORK
                    The mural directly beneath the speaking balcony depicts Mandalorian crusaders in battle with Jedi. It can be seen clearly when Prime Minister Almec addresses the citizens.

TOUR DROID
                    The tour guide droid that gets blasted in Peace Park has the same body design as the rickshaw droid that gave Anakin Skywalker and Padmé Amidala a lift in Mos Espa in Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones.

MANDALORIAN ARCHITECTURE
                    The Mandalore Banking Center is a redesign of the Mandalorian hospital seen in Season Three.

HEADS WILL ROLL (CONTINUED)
                    At one point, Vizsla's defeat included his head visibly rolling down the stairs, but this was removed very early on in story development as being too graphic.
                    Thanks for posting this, Digi. I really can't wait for the end of this arc.

Comment

Kind of a shame they removed the head-roll (there seem to be a lot of decapitations in this arc lol). This is a dark, heavy story arc that benefits from seeing the violence. Especially of a big recurring character.

Comment

Kind of a shame they removed the head-roll (there seem to be a lot of decapitations in this arc lol). This is a dark, heavy story arc that benefits from seeing the violence. Especially of a big recurring character.
                        heads are definitely rolling this arc. hopefully we'll seem them restored on the dvd set.

Comment

Caught up , those last couple of episodes were well worth the previous 2 arcs, while they had there moments..... but they werent horrible, however those last couple of episodes more then made up for it
                          Last edited by mr_kennedy; 27 January 2013, 06:39 PM.
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

I agree completely!!!!

Comment

I don't have a link for this handy (stupid work internet filters) but apparently yesterday it was finally confirmed that TCW will be leaving Cartoon Network for DisneyXD next year. This reads to me as tacit confirmation of a sixth season!

Also: TCW sub-site for The Lawless has gone live!

Preview clip #1 (a little uneventful, but echoes of ANH)
                              Preview clip #2
                              Preview gallery

Looks like....
                              Spoiler:
                              - We finally get to see the show's take on a Sithy Palps!
                              - If I'm not mistaken I see a bit-older "Korky"
                              - Supercommandos!

edit; and there is also a third preview clip up on the Star Wars YouTube channel.
                              Last edited by DigiFluid; 31 January 2013, 01:09 PM.

Comment

I don't have a link for this handy (stupid work internet filters) but apparently yesterday it was finally confirmed that TCW will be leaving Cartoon Network for DisneyXD next year. This reads to me as tacit confirmation of a sixth season!

Also: TCW sub-site for The Lawless has gone live!

Preview clip #1 (a little uneventful, but echoes of ANH)
                                Preview clip #2
                                Preview gallery

Looks like....
                                Spoiler:
                                - We finally get to see the show's take on a Sithy Palps!
                                - If I'm not mistaken I see a bit-older "Korky"
                                - Supercommandos!

edit; and there is also a third preview clip up on the Star Wars YouTube channel.
                                Moving to Disney XD means I'll have to find them on the internet next season. That sucks.

At least things are starting to look REALLY interesting for the rest of this arc!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X