Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Clone Wars: Season 5 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
    I'm so behind.... just watched Front Runners & The Soft War, i had already seen Front Runners (last year), but i'm doing a mini marathon of Season 5 so i can catch up
    Be brave, good sir. Once you're done the Onderon arc, the following two arcs are eight consecutive episodes of claw-your-eyes-out horrible. Fortunately, the first episode after that is the return to the Maul/Savage story, and was a really good one.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

If Wikipedia is to be believed... there are 22 episodes...
      Pinch of salt though...

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Be brave, good sir. Once you're done the Onderon arc, the following two arcs are eight consecutive episodes of claw-your-eyes-out horrible. Fortunately, the first episode after that is the return to the Maul/Savage story, and was a really good one.
        8 horrible episodes you say?............... i'm not even liking the Onderon arc that much tbh

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
        If Wikipedia is to be believed... there are 22 episodes...
        Pinch of salt though...
        because wikipedia is always right
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
          8 horrible episodes you say?............... i'm not even liking the Onderon arc that much tbh
          The first of those arcs isn't that bad. I mean, it's not great or anything but it's not claw-your-eyes-out horrible, either. That second arc more than makes up for it, though. It's quite possibly the worst 2-ish hours of television I've ever watched.

because wikipedia is always right
          Of course. If wikipedia say it, it must be true.
          Meh...

Comment

Originally posted by Livestick View Post
            but it's not claw-your-eyes-out horrible, either.
            Two words: circus younglings.

Point, set, match: Digi.

Originally posted by Livestick View Post
            That second arc more than makes up for it, though. It's quite possibly the worst 2-ish hours of television I've ever watched.

We're in total agreement here
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Interesting...both Zap2It and Teletoon are reporting The Wrong Jedi (episode 5.20) as the season finale. Looks like we might be getting a shortened season this year after all.

And from Teletoon, the single sentence blurb for the season finale episode:
              Spoiler:
              With Ahsoka on the run, Anakin, who continues to believe in Ahsoka’s innocence, hunts for the truth.
              Spoiler:
              Now I'm really interested in seeing what happens to her.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Tipping Points

Hondo: *is being fired at* oh look at the time.........
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

Hondo is almost always a treat

Comment

Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      Now I'm really interested in seeing what happens to her.
                      Me too. I wonder,

Spoiler:
                      Will her being framed for whatever it is (if she really is being framed) and going on the run from the authorities be how they choose to write her character out of the show?

Comment

Spoiler:
                        I'm still sort of hoping they write her out at the end of the series, it would tie in neatly with Revenge of the Sith, because Anakin was so different from Attack of the Clones.... i'm just betting that Ahsoka dies not long before the events of Revenge of the Sith, and it looks like we may getting a 6th season, maybe Ahsoka will become a Sith herself and then be killed by Anakin?, It would be interesting to see how that would unfold if we do end up getting a 6th season, but if we do get a 6th season it will probably be along the lines of light sabre lost, or something (in other words filler)
                        Last Movie Watched
                        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                        Life is Strange

Comment

Yeah to me it's looking like there's a sixth season in the cards.

- Filoni said a while back that they were already working on scripts and designs for one
                          - I can't imagine Disney/XD letting a lucrative TV series just drop
                          - With this apparently truncated season, there are 3 completed episodes which aren't airing

Comment

Didn't they originally say it would be a 5 seasons show?
                            Think it was Lucas who said 100 episodes, but now that hes gone...

Comment

Yeah if I remember right, Lucas said something like they want to do 'around 100 episodes,' which they surpassed this season.

Comment

Also, the TCW sub-site for this weekend's episode, Shades of Reason, has now gone live.

As usual, there's a preview gallery featuring several screenshots and concept art, as well as two video preview.

The first video preview features
                                Spoiler:
                                Satine addressing a discontent crowd in the Mandalorian city, who is interrupted by Pre Vizsla arriving and rallying the people behind him and Death Watch rather than Satine's New Mandalorians,

while the second preview clip
                                Spoiler:
                                is a strategy session of the Shadow Conspiracy, deciding on the best way to capture Mandalore.

Hoorah, can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                                X