Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Well....

I didn't really care for the ending, but the episode up to the last couple minutes was a pretty fun (and GORGEOUS) romp.
    I have to agree. It was a good romp but for the ending.

Spoiler:
    What, if anything, do they have planned for Ventress now?

Also thanks for posting all the triva. It gives me things to look for when episodes get rerun.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      I have to agree. It was a good romp but for the ending.

Spoiler:
      What, if anything, do they have planned for Ventress now?

Also thanks for posting all the triva. It gives me things to look for when episodes get rerun.
      Spoiler:
      I especially enjoyed Ventress Force Choking Boba and then stuffing him in the box. Simon Pegg was great though his role was small.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I also wonder what will happen to Ventress now, where can they go now?
        Next weeks episode looks interesting, seems Mother Talzin survived...
        Last edited by Teddybrown; 05 March 2012, 02:23 AM.

Comment

...Talzin

And yeah, we saw
          Spoiler:
          that she survived at the end of Massacre. Grievous got into the cave, she vanished into a could of green smoke, and then she gave Ventress the 'pep talk' right at the end of the episode.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

...Talzin

And yeah, we saw
            Spoiler:
            that she survived at the end of Massacre. Grievous got into the cave, she vanished into a could of green smoke, and then she gave Ventress the 'pep talk' right at the end of the episode.
            Spoiler:
            Did she "survive"? I got the impression that she pulled that Obi Wan Ghost bit.
            I like Sharky
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
              Spoiler:
              I especially enjoyed Ventress Force Choking Boba and then stuffing him in the box. Simon Pegg was great though his role was small.
              Spoiler:
              So did I. However, I did wonder how far they would let her take it since Boba has to live.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                Spoiler:
                So did I. However, I did wonder how far they would let her take it since Boba has to live.
                Spoiler:
                Ventress strikes me as someone who wouldn't harm someone unless they were a direct threat to her. Technically, he was her employer and aside from being a brat, he didn't do anything to harm her. From that angle, it could be argued that Ventress is someone who hasn't given herself completely to the Dark Side of the Force, in direct contrast to someone like Sidious or Bane. That and I think she enjoyed the poetic end to Boba's job by having him stuffed into the box and delivered as the bounty instead of being the hunter.
                Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 05 March 2012, 07:04 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

...Talzin

And yeah, we saw
                  Spoiler:
                  Oh, I thought that was her spirit without a body so to speak...

Comment

...Talzin

And yeah, we saw
                    Spoiler:
                    Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Did she "survive"? I got the impression that she pulled that Obi Wan Ghost bit.
                    Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                    Oh, I thought that was her spirit without a body so to speak...
                    Interesting...we took away such different conclusions.

To me, her
                    Spoiler:
                    puff into smoke moving back and up away from the battle droids was a case of "welp, I'm getting f up outta here!"

In fairness though I hadn't even considered the Force Ghost angle, which seems like a very plausible idea.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I thought she had survived but she looked like she was dying.... maybe she used witchcraft to heal her body or something?

Maybe the next episode takes place before Massacre?
                      Last Movie Watched
                      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                      Life is Strange

Comment

I don't think so, these last four episodes of the season are a single arc. I guess we'll find out on Friday!

Interesting sidebar: while I was looking through the trivia for this season, I found out the reason for the seemingly nonsensical Gungan traitorous stuff in 4.04 Shadow Warrior. It was because the episode is intended to take place prior to the Mon Calamari opening trilogy, but they wanted to have the season open with a bang. Right there in the TCW site, so there's an easy timeline re-sort!

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Ventress strikes me as someone who wouldn't harm someone unless they were a direct threat to her. Technically, he was her employer and aside from being a brat, he didn't do anything to harm her. From that angle, it could be argued that Ventress is someone who hasn't given herself completely to the Dark Side of the Force, in direct contrast to someone like Sidious or Bane. That and I think she enjoyed the poetic end to Boba's job by having him stuffed into the box and delivered as the bounty instead of being the hunter.
                          Spoiler:
                          Very true. I just get a little confused by her sometimes. In the 2-D cartoon she came off, to me at least, as a Sith want a be. Now she seems more like someone who has a moral compass, for lack of a better term, but it just isn't set to Sith or Jedi standards.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            I loved that ending to.
                            Spoiler:
                            Agree about Ventress to. Most of what she did before she did at the behest of Dooku and even then she never seemed to particularly go out of her way to kill people for fun, being more mission focused generally.

I like the idea of her turning into some sort of grey side vigilante bounty hunter to. She basically showed in that episode that not only was she smart enough to get herself out of the situation but also smart enough to get herself paid twice for one job, and to humiliate Boba Fett, for her own amusement, in the process.

After this episode she's probably my favorite character on the show. Hope they have more in store for her as I'm liking this version of her story more than the comic book or animated one. I'm just hoping they don't do something like have her die saving Obi Wan or something next week because now she's been "redeemed" so it's time for a cliched heroic sacrifice.

She might not be an evil assassin anymore but it'd still be a stretch to convince me she's the martyr type.

Comment

Re: what you lot have been talking about about Ventress....I completely disagree. See the deleted scene from Season 3's ARC Troopers (which is included in the full episode cut on the DVD/BD set) for why. Ventress is a sick, twisted individual. That's what makes her so fun to watch.

Is she evolving as a person? She may well be--as evidenced by the end of Bounty. But let's not make the mistake of saying she was always a certain way.

Comment

Ahhh, great stuff tonight! I was taken aback when it was over, I couldn't believe the whole episode had gone by already!

4.21 Brothers

Spoiler:
                                The red text at the beginning instead of the standard yellow--aha, unexpected. And neat. I wonder if it'll be a one-time thing, or if we'll see any other sort of variations.

I'm intrigued that Savage's discovery of Maul created such a disturbance in the Force that it was noticed independently by Dooku, Ventress, Anakin, Yoda, and Obi-Wan. Buuuuuut when did they learn Darth Maul's name?

The garbage planet was actually really cool. It reminded me of the second Lexx episode/telemovie. I also really liked the little cyborgy aliens that Savage made quick work of chopping up.

I was so pleased to see Savage finally kill that snake dude

Maul himself was really terrifically done at every level. Sam Witwer's voice acting was great, the character was written really well as almost completely insane, and I loved how they made him look--horns grown wild and totally unkempt, wild eyes, physically emaciated, and still wrapped in bandages at the waist. Just great.

Comment

Working...
                                X